MORE
Guns & Shooting

Shotgun Sports

5/6/15 @ 10:46 AM
INITIAL POST
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14
So who has been out shooting? What do you like and why? Post some scores!! Are leagues worth it or should a shooter just go out for fun? Lets get a forum going and maybe get together and shoot!!
Displaying 46 to 60 of 221 posts
5/16/19 @ 10:09 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

It will be mostly target gun but also used for hunting purposes. She feels most comfortable shooting semi-auto. I think the lessened recoil has a good part to play it it as well. She doesn’t like the feel of any of my o/u guns. 

5/16/19 @ 9:56 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Why does it have to be an auto  ? For hunting  ? 

5/16/19 @ 8:28 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

I have a question for all who enjoy shooting shotguns and can possibly chime in here...

I am looking at getting a 20 ga for my girlfriend to shoot and I am sure I'll grab it once in a while too. Semi-auto is a must tho.. I have an idea of three choices and I am looking for input pertaining to reliability and function. I can not stand malfunctions!!!

Choice #1. Beretta 391 Urika 2

Choice #2. Remington 1100

Choice #3. Browning Gold Hunter

Let me know your choice and why.. Thanks gang..

5/13/19 @ 8:11 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Decided to join Waukesha Gun Club's summer sporties league this year. For a warm up my friends talked me into shooting a round of trap. I haven't done a round of trap in ages... Finished with a 22, I'll take that!

Went on to shoot a double round of sporties and I was focused and feeling good about the day. I ended up with a 49 and a 48. It was one of those days where I could have shot all day... It felt perfect.. Hopefully all of the up and coming weeks will feel the same. I am so glad that I shot winter league... not much rust to knock off.

5/12/19 @ 1:54 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Came out of handicap with a 90 yesterday. Happy with that. Not good 1st house in doubles but 46 on the back. I'll work off that.

Tim

5/10/19 @ 7:21 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Shot 50 of each in practice today. 46 in doubles! Shooting tomorrow registered targets again.

Tim

5/7/19 @ 12:01 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Agreed Ed!!! Sporting Clays is a favorite of mine too! 5 Stand is a close 2nd for me. I will shoot trap and skeet but I can take it or leave it...

Work off the rust Tim, that's all we can do. If it wasn't for me shooting 5 stand all winter long I would really be out of form. I am able to roll into sporties pretty easily after the winter shooting leagues.. Gotta say tho, I miss shooting the 28ga in the 5 stand. Shooting the 12 at sporties is fun but hmmmmmm, I really fell in love with 28ga.

5/6/19 @ 9:56 PM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

I use to shoot trap and skeet a bunch. I really like shooting sporting clays much better that any of them. I am not good by any means but sure do like to do it.

5/6/19 @ 12:33 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Started with a 20 on the 1st trap, OUCH! Dropped 2 on 2nd and ran the last 50 for a 93.That was in 16's. Handicap ended with an 88, ran the 2nd trap. Not good scores but rust played a major factor. Hit the targets hard, just gotta cut down on mistakes. It's still early. 

Tim

5/6/19 @ 8:26 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

How did you do Tim??

The Sarah shoot at Wern Valley was a great success! Beautiful weather and a good turnout. I think we had 76 shooters. Well on their way to the 100 that they would like to have but a great group of people. They had 6 shotguns, 1 rifle, and 2 pistols that were either raffled off or draw via ticket. Also was over 75 different side drawings for gifts and prizes. 1 ticket per clay that you broke and 10 tickets for the round. Huge spread of food for lunch. Wern set us up good with two 8 station courses to keep the traffic flowing. We started shooting at 9am and last squad went out at 2:30. I shot 4 rounds and broke 176 targets. I came home with a lot of goodies!!

Grizz

5/4/19 @ 8:56 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Going to my 1st shoot of the year, ready or not tomorrow. Hope the rains hold off until shooting is over.

Tim

5/1/19 @ 1:12 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Sarah Shoot is this Saturday at Wern Valley. Not only will there be some beautiful shooting weather, the prizes and raffles are amazing! Food served after shooting. Come on out and lets meet up.

Grizz

4/13/19 @ 7:40 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

The info on the ARCH sporting clays showed up today . 

It's at Wern Valley on June 18th .  Lunch , shooting , cocktails  , and appetizers afterwards . It's 125 $ 

PM me if you need anymore info .

Association for the Rights of Citizens  with Handicaps 

4/9/19 @ 11:00 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Congrats Tim!!

I put down the .410 and the 28ga for a bit and grabbed the 12 for a couple rounds of 3 bird 5-stand...... I think I can shoot better with the 28 than the 12.... Very frustrating!!

Making my plans for summer league which I always do with my co-workers. As much as I would love to shoot At Waukesha Gun Club for Summer league... My guys prefer Wern Valley due to location and ease of shooting their score while on lunch break. So I better learn how to break them with the 12 again because summer league will start soon!

Good luck to all..

Grizz

4/5/19 @ 11:25 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Finally got out today to shoot the 1st targets of the year for me. Ran the 2nd round in 16's. 23 in 2nd round of yardage (24), 42 in doubles running 1st post and another. Good to shake the rust.

Tim 

Displaying 46 to 60 of 221 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE