MORE
Guns & Shooting

Shotgun Sports

5/6/15 @ 10:46 AM
INITIAL POST
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14
So who has been out shooting? What do you like and why? Post some scores!! Are leagues worth it or should a shooter just go out for fun? Lets get a forum going and maybe get together and shoot!!
Displaying 16 to 30 of 221 posts
9/9/19 @ 7:48 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Thats awesome shooting Tim... Recharge your batteries and get back at them next spring!!

This weekend was Waukesha Gun Clubs club shoot. All club members compete at all events. Skeet, Trap, Sporting Clays, and 5-stand. Saturday only was a sub-gauge skeet and Handicap Trap. I learned that I need a lot more practice at trap. I ended up shooting 8th place overall, which I am very happy with but I left a lot of targets out there. My weak spot was definitely trap. I shot a 21 at 26 yard for handicap and a 42 at 16 yard. I could have used some of those targets in the overall. I shot a 48 in skeet and completely bombed my sub-gauge skeet which I usually do very well in. We did watch a guy shoot a 24 with a .410!!! That was awesome!!

9/8/19 @ 6:54 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Ended up my shooting season well this weekend. Shot 300 targets yesterday, rotten 94 in 16 yard, 90 in handicap and 92 in doubles. Today had 91 in caps(24 yd line) and 90 in doubles. Didn't shoot singles. This doubles thing is finally starting to click for me. The light bulb came on. Gun now goes on the shelf til March, literally. Goal for season is to carry 90 plus average in both handicap and doubles. So far, so good.

Tim

8/21/19 @ 8:48 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Wrapped up summer sporties at WGC. After shooting pretty much non-stop since December, I raised my average from the 44.6 I was last year to 48.7 this year. It was a great summer of shooting!! Now on to late summer Skeet league... First round I shot my first perfect 25! Then I backed it up and shot a 20 :( lol...

Good luck to all!!

7/24/19 @ 4:11 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Google the SCTP (Scholastic clay target program), go to teams and hit the map, then select your "pin" area. I know Coach Gary also, if you need a direct contact. Athletes in 5th grade can start shooting. KM is a great team, they shoot all the disciplines. Season start dates differ from team to team, typically a first meeting around November and practice starts around February- March. 

Let me know if you have other questions. 

7/24/19 @ 9:10 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

That is the school district she goes to and lives in. I will need some information on it. Where should I look for the info??

7/24/19 @ 8:58 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Thx.

Get her there next season, she's ready! Is that the school district she goes to or you live in? Thats how the SCTP places you. 

7/24/19 @ 8:01 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

That's awesome! Glad to hear fun was had by all! My pleasure on taking care of the gun business and Black Smoke says congrats!!

I believe KMSD has a shooting team, my daughter is looking forward to that level. 5th time out and she hit a 12 so she thinks she is almost ready to go pro!! She selectively shoots some sporties stations and does pretty well with them. Good potiential

7/24/19 @ 7:54 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Oh boy Grizz, sounds like i should get you your area's SCTP coach's phone number. She needs to be on a team.

2019 SCTP Nationals is in the books.

My son did well in skeet and trap, but took a whooping on the sporting clays coarse. The coarse was unbelievably tough! And it took him out of the running. My rookie daughter dominated the trap game 1st pl. 16 yd (184), handicap (180), and doubles (158)! Even tho the heat almost took her out, she came back and pulled it off. She had a great season.

Thank you Grizz, for the help with her guns and the connection to Black Smoke to make them look great! Her and her gun looked great in the lights on the top of the podium.

7/8/19 @ 12:49 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Just started an Adult/Youth short trap league at WGC... I haven't shot trap in a while and my 11 year old daughter has shot trap twice. I wasn't wanting to join the league but my daughter was really pushing hard for us to do it. I shot a 23 and she shot a 6. I'll take it!! She was pumped when she was done and I was surprised how much fun we had. Then we headed to the sporties course. I got my 4th 50 of the year and she did very well with shooting a couple targets that she wanted to shoot at. She now has the bug bad! She doesn't understand why they can't be open everyday of the week! I've created a monster and I love it!!

6/30/19 @ 5:38 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

I had heard about that turnout at Rome. That's awesome!

My report from yesterday: Doubles were 1st event. From out of nowhere, I shot the best score of my life. 96! Never missed a 1st target. My best score this year was an 89 and my average was around 85. Just watch. Next time I'll probably shoot an 83 or something. To balance things out I shot the worst score in many years in the handicap event. No idea about that either as that's the discipline I am most confident in. Next time. State shoot is around the corner, beginning July 9.

Tim

6/30/19 @ 1:29 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

That’s awesome!!! Keep up the hard work and thank you for getting our youth hooked on the sport. 

6/30/19 @ 9:06 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Was the SCTP state shoot last weekend. 1700 athletes, over 250,thousand targets thrown! 

Muskego Warriors come back; J/V squad State Champions Runner up, J/V mens H.O.A. State Champion (my son), Rookie ladies H.O.A. State Champion Runner up (my daughter), I/A ladies H.A.A State Champ, J/V ladies H.O.A Runner Up, with many other individual awards Varsity mens doubles, I/E 16yd trap, I/E handicap and doubles runner up, J/V mens handicap champ,....!! Some athletes shot their first 100 and 50 straights! Three perfect 50's on the flurry, took 1st, 2nd and 3rd by three mixed groups of Muskego Warriors athletes and coaches! Just a great time! NATS here we come!

6/28/19 @ 10:20 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Heading up to Green Bay tomorrow for a registered shoot. Haven't touched my gun for 3 weeks for a variety of reasons. Should be interesting....

Tim 

6/21/19 @ 8:02 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

And on a side note.... Last year my sporties average with my reloads was 44.31. This year I switched to Aguila Sporting Clay HV Competition ammo and my average is currently at 47.9. Both loads performance and cost was right around the same. With me using a semi-auto this year, I am happy to not be picking up hulls!

6/21/19 @ 7:52 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

I haven't used the calculator in quite a while but I reload because I know what I am getting when I pull the trigger.

Tim

Displaying 16 to 30 of 221 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE