MORE
Guns & Shooting

Shotgun Sports

5/6/15 @ 10:46 AM
INITIAL POST
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14
So who has been out shooting? What do you like and why? Post some scores!! Are leagues worth it or should a shooter just go out for fun? Lets get a forum going and maybe get together and shoot!!
Displaying 76 to 90 of 221 posts
2/14/19 @ 4:18 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I used to shoot 5 stand years ago when the club had open nights. I never shot league. I would like to get into that. One evening when we were shooting, a gentleman asked to join our group. He had a .410 and we all sort of chuckled when he lined up. His first shot was probably the furthest shot he had to take in the round. The gun went off and nothing happened to the target for what seemed like a couple of seconds. And then sure enough, it shattered. It was pretty fun to watch. He was a marvelous shot.

My grandpa's Iver Johnson Champion single shot .410 was handed down to me many years ago. I might have to take that one night when I get back into the sport.

2/14/19 @ 2:54 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Grizzly  , you shoot a lot . What would be your choice for skeet ?  

Over under  or semi auto  . I have  870 s  in 12 , 20 , and 28 . 

I want something with less thinking  , more concentration on target .

Thanks 

2/13/19 @ 9:07 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Just wrapping up the winter 5 stand league at Waukesha Gun Club. I still cant speak high enough about the facility and the employees... This place is awesome and extremely well managed. Next up is called the Shrimp League. 7 week 5 stand league and every participant gets a pound of shrimp at the final party!! My team has decided to do a sub-gauge challenge for this league... we decided on .410! I have 3 practice rounds in so far.. 39, 39, and 41. This is going to be a blast!!

12/7/18 @ 8:53 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Haven't posted in a while... I am in week two of Waukesha Gun Club 5-Stand Winter league and I have to say that I have been missing out on a lot of fun by not doing 5-Stand sooner. This is a lot of fun and highly recommended to try if you haven't already. Trailers are heated and rather comfortable. I also haven't shot at WGC in a real long time and I also must say that the facility and employees are awesome!!! Come out and check them out. Tell them that you are new to the facility and they have a ton of patience with instruction on how they do their shoots. Met the owner and he is such a down to earth guy. Very Impressed!!!

8/4/18 @ 8:29 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Does anyone have any experience with the dry fire system? We (the club) purchased one, we have three nights (@12hrs) of time into it, still a little skeptical. Just a couple coaches have shot at it so far. Going to dial in one more night before we introduce it to the younger athletes. Just looking for some pointers, far as a practice plan? Thx.

7/29/18 @ 5:40 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Had my best Doubles score of the year today. 94! Won Class C at the club level and was 1 target away from tying in the entire Zone.

Had a 92 in caps. Respectable but gets nothing. My friend that I shot with had a 99 and the Zone Handcap Championship outright. 

Good way to end my season.

Tim

7/28/18 @ 6:29 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

What a waste of a gorgeous summer day to shoot at 200 singles. Ugh! Had a stinky 91 on the front. Opened the back with a 25-24 dropping the 50th target(!), running the 3rd box, then dropping 3(!) on the last trap for a ho-hum 96. Worst 200 target score for me in years. Did I mention I hate singles?

Tomorrow fun is in store with Championship Doubles and Handicap events.

Tim

7/27/18 @ 8:24 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Again shot good today but not good enough. Singles still stink. 91 in caps and a solid(for me) 90 in doubles. Good turnout today. Long day!! A target or 2 away from winning anything but happy with results today. 

Tomorrow 200 Championship Singles. Gotta grind 'em!!

Tim

7/25/18 @ 8:04 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Going to shoot at Janesville Fri-Sun this weekend for the ATA Central Zone Shoot. It's a telephonic shoot. Means you are competing against shooters from 10 states and 2 provinces.

700 targets over 3 days.

Tim

7/21/18 @ 10:02 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

I called and the girl said it would be ok after 1230 but thank you for the info . Maybe I'll call delavan there both about the same distance. 

7/21/18 @ 9:51 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

They are closing soon. Been sold to another person. They have an ATA shoot there tomorrow so there would be no open shooting.

Tim

7/21/18 @ 8:14 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Was planing to go to Darien sports tomorrow with my son,  was wondering if anyone has been there . Thought it would be a good place to spend a little time with him. Just looking for a laid back place . Thanks in advance 

7/20/18 @ 7:56 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

It is uncommon to see that. I think you can get a deflector to eliminate that issue?

Tim

7/20/18 @ 3:16 AM
Jjgoody23
User since 7/14/18

I shoot a Remington 1100 when it comes to shooting doubles is it frowned upon to use an automatic since the shells will go flying?

thanks

7/16/18 @ 12:24 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Jj,

Link below.

Tim

Wisconsin State Shoot scores

Displaying 76 to 90 of 221 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE