MORE
Guns & Shooting

Shotgun Sports

5/6/15 @ 10:46 AM
INITIAL POST
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14
So who has been out shooting? What do you like and why? Post some scores!! Are leagues worth it or should a shooter just go out for fun? Lets get a forum going and maybe get together and shoot!!
Displaying 61 to 75 of 221 posts
4/5/19 @ 11:06 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Last year's was the first one . And on a weekday  .  I think it was done that way so the place could be closed for the party  . Plus there were a lot of new shooters so everything was dialed down to slow .

4/5/19 @ 12:48 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Keep us posted, If its on a weekend I would probably shoot it.

4/4/19 @ 1:20 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

There is another charity shoot at Wern Valley coming up . It's for ARCH.  Rights for citizens with handicaps  . I had the date.  I will have to find it . I just bought an O/U , so I'm anxious to give it a try on sporting clays . A pump was just a bit slow .

4/4/19 @ 9:38 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Lets get together and support a great cause. I've been there since its started and it gets better and better every year. Message me if you have questions...

3/3/19 @ 7:33 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Shrimp league at Waukesha has started. My team decided to use .410’s for this league.... well... it was a tad difficult today. I think I’ll blame it on the temps and the clays were frozen and unbreakable!!  

To our surprise they decided to do a 28ga league along with the Shrimp league! After a round with the .410’s we grabbed our 28’s and had a much better time. Looking forward to next week... 

2/25/19 @ 9:24 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Yes. When it warms up is when I start shooting. Those 10 flats are about 1/3 of what I'll shoot this summer. Practice and competition.

Tim

2/24/19 @ 10:31 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Sounds like someone needs to get some shooting in!! I shot 3 bird for the first time ever. Can’t believe I shot on a day that had 30-40 mph winds.. That was a ton of fun but what a challenge with the wind. Shot a 39 and a 41. Shot the 12ga today. I didn’t feel like wasting any .410 ammo with today’s conditions. 

2/24/19 @ 7:08 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Got another 5-plus flats loaded between Friday and another session today. Gotta wait another paycheck to get more powder as I'm virtually out. Have 10 flats on hand now. A good start.

Tim

2/22/19 @ 2:30 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

You can always do some after market recoil reduction on any gun. From what I have heard about Stoeger's is that they are not going to hold out for a long time. They also have an annoying auto-safety that engages every time you open the action. This would be a problem if you are at the club and call for a target and nothing happens when you pull the trigger. If you shoot at a club where you pre-pay for targets, you may not get all 25 targets. It would also likely annoy the others in your squad. This can be disabled and made into a regularly performing safety quite easily. I know. I have one that I won and have shot once. It beat the crap out of me and I just haven't gotten around to doing anything about it. Just don't shoot 5-stand or sporties that often, which is what I would use this gun for.

Tim

2/22/19 @ 9:13 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

I have a Stevens 555 in 12ga. I like it for hunting since it is so light. Kicks like a mule with it being light but well worth it. Would not be my first choice for a league gun but is a great shooter for hunting and the occasional shooting event.

2/21/19 @ 10:44 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Today I looked at a Stoeger  and a Stevens O/U  . The Stevens looked better and opened easy compared to Stoeger . Lighter also , but about 100 bucks more . 

Good thing I won some on Super Bowl  !

2/17/19 @ 8:15 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Nice!! Thats some work done... I got three 5-Stand rounds done this morning. 1 with the .410 and 2 with the 12ga. I am taking a year off of reloading this year. For 2019 I switched to an autoloader and I refuse to chase hulls! Maybe next year I'll go back to an over under in 12ga. Will see what happens. 

On a better note, I am averaging 46 with the 12ga and 39 with the .410. Working on increasing the .410 average! 

Grizz

2/17/19 @ 7:47 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Loaded and boxed 4 flats of shells today. Wanted to do more but dinner got in the way.

Tim 

2/14/19 @ 4:37 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

Bugle Trout,

I shoot Winchester AA Super Sport ammo out of my .410. It flies at 1300 FPS. My speed is matched by most 12ga ammo that I am shooting against. Biggest difference is that I am tossing out 1/2oz of lead compared to their 1oz. I have little margin of error or I will miss. I really enjoy the challenge, that is why I love the .410 in 5 stand. Not sure where you are from but if it is anywhere around Waukesha Gun Club, send me a message and I would love to shoot a round with you.

Grizz

2/14/19 @ 4:25 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
User since 3/25/14

One Shot One Kill,

For skeet I prefer a small gauge. I personally would shoot a 20 or a .410 cause I actually do not have a 28. I prefer an over under, I shoot with a lot of people that live by the Remington 1100. When they don't malfunction, they shoot amazing. Whatever swings well for you is what I would recommend.

Grizz

Displaying 61 to 75 of 221 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE