Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2019 Waterfowl Reports

1/3/19 @ 7:39 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another year, and time to Post your Reports and stories for another great year of Hunting!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 19 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/19/19 @ 1:01 PM
JRJOHN
User since 5/2/06

Benelli, 

Your boat is just fine for the back waters of the Mississippi.  I would use extreme caution on the main river.  Most of the time you would be fine on the main river but when the wind picks up it gets rough and fast.  

9/15/19 @ 1:51 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Another good hunt this a.m. Managed 3 birds that decoyed well again. Had some 60+ birds working the field at once. Lots of geese around northern Sawyer county. Had geese circling as I was picking up. Been a great season so far! Having bloody! Go Pack go!

9/14/19 @ 4:51 PM
jimbo55will
User since 1/17/07

Mr Benelli,

In regards to your jon boat being big enough for Lake Michigan it all has to do with the conditions at the time. I have a 14ft Lowe Big Jon with a 60 inch beam and I used to use it on Lake Michigan but I usually stayed inside the breakwall out of St Francis. I have a 25 HP Mercury and if the rollers on the lake weren't too bad it was fine. You had to be careful passing by the gaps. East winds you'd have to watch out for especially.

Jim

9/13/19 @ 9:24 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Got out and did a little duck scouting today. Did find much on some of the ponds I like to hunt. I kind of figured that with the new flooding. Or maybe all the ducks migrated already with last weeks cooler temps of mid 50's-low 60's lol. The best part of today was showing my little guy where I like to duck hunt. He wants to do it again tomorrow.

9/13/19 @ 5:48 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Quick afternoon field hunt in Sawyer county. Local birds worked well. Whiffed on a solo but went 3 for 3 on a flock of 5. Felt sorta ducky all day.

9/12/19 @ 10:54 PM
mr_benelli
User since 8/22/10

I just bought my 1st duck rig. It's a 16x50 jon boat with a 9.9 johnson outboard. I was wondering if that rig would be safe to get out on the big waters like Lake Michigan and Mississippi river. Any info would be great

9/7/19 @ 4:46 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

1 shy of 5 man limit in Sawyer co. Local birds worked pretty good this a.m. 

8/31/19 @ 3:04 PM
Chukar
Chukar
User since 6/21/19

Anyone seeing teal?

Public area has a few, nothing like the few hundred last year.

Buddies slough has a few also.

Hope this wind and cooler weather push some down.

8/29/19 @ 9:38 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Nice time to gander at the Mississippi river cam located on the lower portion of pool 7.  Great Cam moderators getting nice closeups of birds in natural activity. Few migrating birds already arriving!

https://explore.org/livecams/raptor-resource-project/mississippi-river-flyway-cam

8/28/19 @ 10:24 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Walked up on around 30 in a ditch on public land around the corner from my home. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 19 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.