SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2019 Waterfowl Reports

1/3/19 @ 7:39 AM
INITIAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another year, and time to Post your Reports and stories for another great year of Hunting!

Displaying 46 to 60 of 179 posts
11/7/19 @ 7:33 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

Duck hunting is so much fun.  Only wood ducks so far, with one fat mallard.  Now that it is cold, getting out sucks a little fun out of it.

I will take a swing at it in the morning.  Hopefully, there will be ducks other that wood ducks in the creek.  

But I am game for any that provide a clean shot.

11/7/19 @ 2:51 AM
Abest
User since 12/2/07

Just retuned from Nebraska . Flight is on yesterday and today large flights going south. Had a good shoot for the last 5 days. Its going to be 55 degrees there tomorrow. But cold over night. Good luck!!

11/6/19 @ 10:12 PM
Doug Stange's Evil Twin
User since 9/25/15

My son picked off 2 fat mallards tonight in the snow on Lake Wisconsin. Winter appears to be here.

11/6/19 @ 7:25 PM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

Fowler2, Thanks.  I have been able to get out 10 of the last 19 days, never a limit, mostly due to my poor shooting, but plenty of enjoyable hunts.  I am really surprised by the lack of Mallards seen, it has been mostly divers where I hunt.

Good Luck if you are able to get out.

11/6/19 @ 7:08 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

I feel your pain no-luck. "A" for effort trying to make it happen. Sunday was probably my last run. Potholes in the upper Miss backwaters closing up fast. Alot of good ducks around yet. Every passing cold day will make it harder and harder to get after them. Im past my prime for that punishment. It was a great October hunt though.

11/6/19 @ 6:39 PM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

West Central WI, went to the lake this morning, hoping for an epic hunt with the snow falling.  Motored out about 60 yards and noticed snow on top of the water, turned out to be ice covered by snow.  Broke ice with boat for several hundred yards and decided to turn around and call it a season.  Loaded boat and waited for first light.  Lake iced over except for a few spots where there was current.  Ice fishing around the corner the way it looks.

11/5/19 @ 1:26 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

The season dates are always a guessing game. Some seasons are to early some to late, just depends on the weather. Take it for what it is.

11/5/19 @ 9:09 AM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

the season should be open a couple weeks earlier especially north zone. Than at least people up there would have a chance to at least see a wood duck, not teal cause there gone from rhinelander area before the early teal season even starts in mid to late august.  

suppose to be single digits and even below 0 at night next week. there Gonna be Ice fishing in some of the best waterfowl spots 2 weeks before the season ends.  its ridiculous 

11/5/19 @ 7:02 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

Hunted Lake County IL yesterday and got my geese.  Have not shot at a duck all year.  There is a lot of water in the area and they are not using my water areas.  

11/4/19 @ 5:50 PM
hardset
User since 1/19/09

Rhinelander area:

Everything is frozen up in Price County for waterfowl. Considering the Rhinelander area. It would be a first time hunt in the area. Should I try Pelican Lake or the Rhinelander Flowage north of Boom lake? I hear Boom lake is mostly frozen and hard to access now. Not looking for secret spots. Just asking to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks!

11/4/19 @ 9:41 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Sheboygan co:

hunted the puppy pond near home with my young dog seen 2 small flocks of ducks and 3 small flocks of horicon high geese, never shouldered the vinci.  o well; did find a lot of  ducks just need to figure out how I can get them........

11/2/19 @ 12:46 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Anybody wanna hook up SE WI or big pond  tomorrow AM?,gatta work today wont be out til before dark don't have any plans, and I'm guessing the ponds by me will be void or slushed over.

11/2/19 @ 10:44 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Another great hunt in the Northwood of wisco. The mallards worked really well. Wish they would show up a little later though. Its so hard to I.d. them at first light. Passed on alot trying to pick out drakes. Plus got a bonus grouse by the parking lot.

11/1/19 @ 5:03 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

drove around today scouting. most small water froze and edges of big lakes have ice. saw good amount of mallards in usual late season spots. saw some 30+ tundra swans as well. late season is apon use. go get them before they gone! happy hunting!

11/1/19 @ 8:59 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Hunted  Sheboygan and Washington co's yesterday in blizzard was fun,   shot 1 sawbill in AM and nothing in PM  seen maybe 6 ducks and 3 small flocks of geese, wasn't expecting a slaughter on public land but was hoping to see a bit more. most small ponds were freezing last night.  back out sunday on big water hopefully.

goodluck all and be safe.

Displaying 46 to 60 of 179 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE