SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2019 Waterfowl Reports

1/3/19 @ 7:39 AM
INITIAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another year, and time to Post your Reports and stories for another great year of Hunting!

Displaying 30 to 44 of 179 posts
11/19/19 @ 10:06 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Your last weeks birds WERE the Wisconsin birds. lol

11/19/19 @ 9:56 AM
walleyezhunter05
User since 3/22/05

Mallards are becoming stale here in northern Illinois. Still been shooting mallards but not even close to like last week. Need them to push down from Wisconsin ASAP. Keep em movin! 

WalleyeZz 

11/18/19 @ 10:11 AM
Snowdigger
User since 11/7/11

Dodge Cty - Two more evening hunts. Lots of Mallards still around. Shoulda coulda limited on Saturday even with passing on 3 different hens in the decoys. Sunday was tougher, fewer birds flying in the sleet but 2 of us still managed a few mallards, a buffie, and even a BWT. May be the season for me, never much interested in mixing it up with the deer hunters. 

11/16/19 @ 4:50 PM
toothycritter
toothycritter
User since 7/9/01

Last Saturday a 3 man limit today 20 yds of ice to fight threw 10 today west shore Green Bay Shot my first ever drake canvasback today

11/15/19 @ 9:54 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

hunted the big lake yesterday only could get one string out so hopes were not high at all, ended up with a sawbill, coulda shoulda woulda had a few more if I could've gotten all 4 doz out. o well.

goodhuntin all!

11/15/19 @ 9:31 AM
walleyezhunter05
User since 3/22/05

If you build it........they will come! Ice eaters in and water is flowin! Ducks droppin like flies. Hope everyone’s having luck! Goodluck and be safe! 

11/13/19 @ 4:25 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

Duck hunting is so much fun.  No, I do not hit every bird.  Still working on the visual range of how away too far is.

Duck hunting the backwaters of the Wisconsin River, Adams County,  is where I go.

When I came home, I found an eagle doing a little duck hunting of his own over the stream in our backyard.

Lots of mallards coming south today.  Hunting in the snow is a blast.

11/12/19 @ 12:49 AM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

With it being a grind this year for me. I decided to change thing up Sunday morning and hunt a river that I haven't hunted since 2004. It payed off I was able to get 2 mallards and a wood duck. Passed on some shots thinking they would make one circle but didn't lol. Had 3 blue bills decoy I gave them a free pass because I had alot of mallards working the river. It was a great hunt brought back so many memories since that's where my duck hunting obsession started. Wish I would have hit the x but without hunting so long it was the first time i got to see the changes in that section of the river and the only way to scout is by boat. Hopefully I can get the right wind a couple more times this season to give it another there.

11/11/19 @ 11:15 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

wauapaca co:

most  lakes socked in, hunted some moving water sat pm and sunday am, results was 1 greenhead, seen some ducks and geese but nothing to write home about.

11/11/19 @ 10:40 AM
Snowdigger
User since 11/7/11

SE WI - pm hunt on a pond with a little water flow to keep it open. Not all that many ducks but felt like you had a chance with all that were sighted. Managed two greenheads and missed on a woodie. Mainly mallards but there are a few woodies still around.

11/10/19 @ 2:12 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

Decided to give it one last shot at Theresa on the land I hunt.  Not a thing in the sky until about 7:45 when every goose left in the area decided to drop on the field I was next to.

wound up dropping 2 "Sky Carp", should have gotten 3......

No ducks at all and the geese were limited.

11/9/19 @ 7:40 PM
Its all G
User since 10/29/09

Wow. Had to work today so went to check out conditions after work for tomorrow, disappointing trip. Most water is froze over that we hunt. Pretty short season this year. Even the lakes we hunt are completely froze over. ??

11/9/19 @ 4:29 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Hardset, i sent you a pm.  Sorry, i dont get down into the goose island area at all. Maybe somebody else could chime in regarding launch conditions.

11/9/19 @ 4:07 PM
hardset
User since 1/19/09

Fowler2

Do you know if the goose island boat launches are open or iced in? I might be coming down that way this next week done with my son. Do you think they'll stay open until next weekend?

11/8/19 @ 10:30 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Freeguide, Week of the 2nd opener in the Miss backwaters we had greens and blues all over us. Week following, not much teal at all. 

Couple pics from today. No hunting. Just observing. Full lot of trailers at the local launch. Launch ice free getting out. Parts of lake Onalaska starting to closeup. Skim ice out from schaefers. Blackdeer skim ice. Ice fishing not far off

Displaying 30 to 44 of 179 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE