3/18/24 @ 10:54 AM
FishinXtreme
FishinXtreme
PRO MEMBER User since 1/12/14
Got mine today!
3/14/24 @ 11:43 AM
Turkeyslayer2
User since 8/28/11
Reminder to get your leftover spring turkey permits starting next Monday at 10am in Zone 1, Tuesday in Zone 2 and so on...
2/27/24 @ 11:42 AM
cm1234
User since 8/3/12
I was out scouting yesterday. Saw plenty of birds moving, all flocked up though. Big flocks of Toms and jakes, and big flocks of hens a property or 2 away from them. Didn't see any mixed flocks yet, and smaller roost areas that usually get hot during season, are cold with zero sign in them yet.
2/27/24 @ 7:22 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
The hunting will be fine, as said earlier much like deer the breeding cycles of turkeys are mostly dependent upon daylight and internal clock of the birds. Also toms can breed multiple hens usually thru out the spring, so they will always be searching for the girlies. 

goodhuntin all!

cant wait for April!
2/26/24 @ 7:13 PM
papiman
User since 8/22/22
The weather is always something odd april 

2016  8 inches or more of snow last year April  28 i was cutting grass  May 1 we had 3 inches of snow now look up and  down and very low rivers and lakles it is hard to tell.
2/26/24 @ 10:13 AM
Turkeyslayer2
User since 8/28/11
I tend to agree clueless.  I think it will be determined by daylight hours.  I have 5 hens that stayed by my house all winter.  Usually the turkeys leave my area for more suitable winter habitat to the west of me in agricultural fields.  This year they didn't need to with the easy winter.  I'm hoping this easy winter has helped the population increase a bit as the last 2 years I have noticed a significant drop in numbers in the central part of the state where I hunt.  Can't wait to get the youngsters out on the mentor hunt and the State youth hunt.
2/26/24 @ 9:34 AM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09
Couple toms were feeling a little frisky last week when it was warm!  I was wondering the same thing about breeding.  Thanks for the info.
2024 Wisconsin turkey hunting photo by Dave1234
2/24/24 @ 1:08 PM
clueless
User since 10/24/04
T slayer we can only hope there will not be early breeding for the purpose of poult survival.
The amount of daylight is what triggers the breeding cycle. Birds need to be hatched when it’s warm and there is insects which make up most of there food source at a young age. A cold spring and rain hampers off spring production.
All though we have been having some April like weather here in northern Wi I have not heard a grouse drumming yet. If it were late April I would have heard some already. 
There is a large flock of 50-75 turkeys nearby me and they have not started to disperse yet. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the Tom’s start displaying. I hear the woodpeckers doing there territorial pounding. But i believe it is the females that will determine when the breeding actually occurs.

2/23/24 @ 10:16 AM
Turkeyslayer2
User since 8/28/11
What are everyone's thoughts on the warm winter and early Spring and what that will do to turkey breeding cycles?  I know walleyes in some rivers are spawning already.  I'm wondering if there will be early breeding and make way for not so good/fun hunting.
1/5/24 @ 9:46 PM
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09
Sorry correcting my last post!

License sales March 1st

All left over (bonus tag’s) go on sale march 23rd not the 1st of March.
1/5/24 @ 7:39 PM
the predator
User since 11/1/11
I put in for zone one and didn't draw. Maybe next year
1/5/24 @ 2:53 PM
Turkeyslayer2
User since 8/28/11
Leftover turkey permits don't go on sale until Monday March 18th at 10am in Zone 1, Tuesday March 19th at 10am in Zone 2, etc.
Displaying 31 to 44 of 44 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE