Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Vegetable Garden

6/30/04 @ 1:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Paladin
USER SINCE 6/15/01
Who's got one ? what are you growing ? and how's it coming along? Mine consists of sweet corn , cabbage , brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli ,cucumbers, zucchini, peas, tomatoes , peppers , acorn squash, pumpkins, and assorted spices. The cold wet weather hasn't been very conducive to good growth so far for me. But with warmer weather in the forecast things should turn out. I hope those of you growing fair better.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 5,975 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 5:25 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

A few cukes still firing. 

9/26/21 @ 7:04 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER SINCE 5/11/03

Garden is pretty much done here, still getting more zucchini than I can use. I cut some up into wedges and made zucchini pickles. This is my first time trying them, I used a package of Mrs Wages spicy bread and butter mix, also added a few of my peppers dill and garlic. Look good, I'll try em in a week or so.

9/26/21 @ 6:52 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

Still getting lots of tomatoes.  So many some of them are rotting on the vine!  I just have not had time to deal with them cause I've worked 60 hours a week the last two weeks!  Still picking some green beans and picked 3 eggplants the other day.  Banana peppers are still going crazy, most of the other peppers are slowing down.

Sorry, I'm horrible with getting pics.

9/26/21 @ 4:00 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

Not as big as they were earlier in the year but still producing some pretty good sizes.

9/25/21 @ 3:09 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

Banana peppers, jalapeños, and sport peppers are still producing.

9/25/21 @ 2:54 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

Pulled some leeks and peppers today.

9/23/21 @ 5:05 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

Slowing down a bit. Every two days now. 

9/23/21 @ 4:19 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

Did catch a bee pollinating this afternoon in the garden. Still getting many tomato blossoms. Temperature high  50s

9/22/21 @ 7:24 PM
waltereye sr.
USER SINCE 6/25/01

Ulbian, old man here. Did you post your planting method for those spuds in the Spring? Seem to remember reading. If so I'll go back and find. Thanks Young Man 

9/22/21 @ 5:56 PM
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
USER SINCE 7/29/21

Very cool Ulbian,I experimented with growing watermelons and cantaloupes this year. Watermelons have been top notch, cantaloupe not so much lol. Going to try your way of growing potatoes next year. That to me is the fun of gardening. Great advice and pics on here. Was definitely a weird year for my garden but had plenty to eat and share. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 5,975 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.