Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Vegetable Garden

6/30/04 @ 1:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Paladin
USER SINCE 6/15/01
Who's got one ? what are you growing ? and how's it coming along? Mine consists of sweet corn , cabbage , brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli ,cucumbers, zucchini, peas, tomatoes , peppers , acorn squash, pumpkins, and assorted spices. The cold wet weather hasn't been very conducive to good growth so far for me. But with warmer weather in the forecast things should turn out. I hope those of you growing fair better.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 6,923 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/5/22 @ 6:43 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

Half of this garden is still going.

10/5/22 @ 6:35 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

Pulled some of the last in one half of garden so I could till. 

10/5/22 @ 6:34 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

Green peppers still producing, gruesome alfalfa little into the garden this fall and you can see the Strawn he that I put in is looking pretty good but I had to tell him to go yet.

10/5/22 @ 3:46 PM
Carpio
MEMBER SINCE 11/5/17

Took down my tomato plants today after a disappointing year that started so good.  I got 55 eaters and another dozen or so green ones that I put in a cardboard box to ripen.    They were all small, smaller than a tennis ball with tough skins . The early ones that I picked were very good eaters but those after September were blah! Those were the EARLY GIRLS.        The BIG BOYS were somewhat larger, like a baseball but with thin skins and good eaters.  I picked 41 ripe and 15 green.   Both plants stopped growing after august 21.    I’ll try a different type next year…….     CARPIO 

10/5/22 @ 12:56 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

Pool 8 the same here!  I covered my pepper plants last week and one of them is LOADED with flowers this week!  Pepperoncinis keep producing!  The same goes for my two serrano plants.  Just pickled my third batch of the season mixed with banana peppers, hot wax, and pepperoncinis.  Never mixed those two before but I use the same recipe for both of them so why not?  Also took all of my colorful peppers and am fermenting those to make a hot sauce.  it should be delicious!

10/4/22 @ 5:45 PM
Pool8
USER SINCE 1/27/17

Going to have to put sheets on mine this weekend,  still getting a lot of tomatoes and peppers. 

10/4/22 @ 5:41 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

This is a jalapeño stalk. Wait till you see the green peppers.  

10/3/22 @ 2:06 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

Hey Bass I pulled my zucchini the other day.  They were super moldy and didn't have much left on them.  A couple of male flowers, but not many.  I think I got 8 zucchini off the two plants for the season off two hills of 2 placed 5 feet apart.

I pulled most of my tomatoes the other day but not the plants.  They're still producing and will until the first major frost, below 30 degrees when I won't cover them anymore.  That could happen as soon as this week! :-(  

Still getting a few eggplants.  Late producer, I hadn't had one in about a month off the plant!

The couple of pepper plants I did not cover last week are looking sad, but not dead yet.  The ones I covered look much better.  Same thing with those as the tomatoes.  They'll keep producing until the first major frost.  Last week here in Stoughton we only got some light frost on the roofs - nothing damaged my flowers or vegetables.

Soon only the broccoli will be left!

10/1/22 @ 7:10 PM
Kayaker 8
USER SINCE 8/28/20

With a heavy heart, I pulled all my tomato, pepper and squash up and placed on the compost pile.  

Lots of canned and stored of each but, something about picking a warm mater out of the garden and taking a bite... See ya next June

10/1/22 @ 6:55 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
USER SINCE 7/24/20

Still getting female zucchini flowers. This one is over 30 inches high off the ground due to not getting enough sun this time of year that plant is really stretching upward. Lots of mold on the leaves right now.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 6,923 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.