Esox23
User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 8,924 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/24/20 @ 7:39 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Take away the first 20 games of the season and we are very mediocre.  No bats.  Pitching is good, so we have some hope.  Last two games, tough to watch.  Chances, just no one able to do much.  Need better next month...

9/23/20 @ 6:09 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Pool league last night so did not watch but saw the re-cap. Phillies lost so that officially puts us in the play-offs. Now let's concentrate on the "ROAD AHEAD" and the "PRIZE" that awaits!!!!  GO CUBS!!!!

9/22/20 @ 9:59 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Started watching bottom of 9th.  Sucked to watch.  Need better hitting, pitching is keeping us in every game.  

9/22/20 @ 10:28 AM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09

Yep, Bryant is hurt yet again.

Gee, imagine that...

Schwarber bounced back with two doubles yesterday. The second one knocked in two runs which iced the game for the Cubs. 

If Rizzo, Baez and Schwarber get hot, look out come post season !

9/21/20 @ 10:23 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Another win and another notch in the belt tonight. 5-0 CUBS WIN!!! One step closer the "THE PORMISED LAND"!!!!  Bryant down again due to oblique muscle problems. I really believe he will be traded during the off season. Hate to see him go!!!

9/21/20 @ 9:20 AM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

A ball was hit hard to Schwarber in left. It was a routine double off the wall. Schwarber misplayed the bounce, then loafed after it, turning a routine double into a triple. Pulled for misplaying the ball and a lack of hustle. 

9/21/20 @ 9:13 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I don't see this team going far in the playoffs this year.  Good pitching, well below average hitting.  You need offense and defense to win the important games.  

Anyone hear what happened with Schwarbs last night?  Pulled after that play (which I missed cause the game was blacked out), did Ross just bench him because of poor defense, or is something missing here?  If it was about that play, then good, I wish more managers would pull their best players (or others) for poor defense.  When I played any sports thru high school that's what happened.  Why any different at the pros?

9/21/20 @ 8:40 AM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

Sox do appear to be the better team. 

I give the Cubs credit for being in first with their best players all hitting well below their career levels. A part of me thinks they could be dangerous in the playoffs if Rizzo, Bryant, Baez, and Schwarber start hitting.

9/21/20 @ 8:29 AM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17

Go Cubbies...but get ready to cheer the Sox on as they appear to be the better squad!

9/21/20 @ 8:13 AM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

Bryant numbers:

122 at bats

2 HR

5 RBI

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 8,924 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.