MORE
Ice Fishing

Are you done for the season?

3/9/14 @ 4:30 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
I am not. Still hoping to catch some nice fish this year through the ice. Conditions right now are brutal with all the snow, slush, and ice up north. I am taking a few weeks off. But, with the temps falling after this warm up and all that ice still left, I'm expecting to have a few trips left this year yet. Hopefully the snow doesn't melt suddenly and eat that ice away, but there is just so much ice left, I'd have to think we have quite a bit of time yet, at least up north and probably most of the state. Nothing better than catching fish in 50 degree weather on top of 20 inches of ice! Are you done? Ready for open water? Or, still planning on catching some fish through the ice?
Displaying 76 to 90 of 110 posts
4/1/14 @ 11:03 PM
cousincarmody
cousincarmody
User since 2/9/10
I'm officially done for the season. Had a rough trip to Bago last Saturday (one white bass) and a decent trip on the home lake Sunday (weather was beautiful). I would give the ice an A+ for the year and the fishing gets a C. Two of the four months that we had ice the bite was way off. Charged the flashers and pulled the wires...until next year.
4/1/14 @ 12:34 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
I'm most likely done unless the wife allows a trip up north, but I think the Cubs have a better chance of winning the World Series than that happening lol. Might find some walk on access on 'bago for the weekend, but I'm not holding my breath.
3/31/14 @ 9:59 PM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
User since 11/19/09
I'll try to get out this week some time. I need some panfish.
3/31/14 @ 7:54 PM
User since 10/5/05
Vilas/Forest county area ice conditions are about where Winnebago was 3 weeks ago. If I'm not too busy fishing the river run I figure I have another 3-4 weekends left to ice fish in the northwoods.
3/31/14 @ 4:47 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Still plenty of ice here up north. Have at least 2 more outings in mind.
3/29/14 @ 3:41 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04
Lots of ice on Winnebago. Whether it's the corn ice that starts from the top down or when tunnels start to form (little fingers of water poking up into the ice from warm water getting under the ice), there is still a lot of ice to drive on. Still...Green Bay, with the currents, has lost some ice and someone went in this morning off Point Comfort. I'll be done when I can't walk out anymore.
3/23/14 @ 8:53 PM
Hang'emHigh
User since 4/5/13
No. Its "Prime Time" !!
3/23/14 @ 8:51 PM
CBQRR1
CBQRR1
User since 4/4/06
With 20 inches of clear ice left here in southern Wis, there is plenty of time to do some ice fishing. Cool
3/23/14 @ 7:48 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
I officially threw in the towel on Saturday. All the gear is put away in the shed. I spent the evening cleaning out the summer tackle bag.
3/23/14 @ 7:05 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Still going for me...plenty of ice, that's for sure!
3/16/14 @ 9:30 AM
Frozenman
User since 12/16/07
I'll be ramping it up till the ice is gone. The best is yet to come!
3/15/14 @ 9:44 PM
flatlander68
User since 1/24/06
Yup, I'm done. One of the best seasons yet!(out of 30+) Congrats to boattech. Wait til she goes with you and out fishes you. Will be the the best days of your life. I have two little ones, well not as little as they they once were. Great days ahead!
3/14/14 @ 11:52 PM
guttersnake
guttersnake
User since 9/15/05
If the ten day forecast I just looked at holds up we could see a quick end to the season on some of our smaller lakes next weekend.I'd guess theres about 4 to 6 inches of crap on top from the last 2 days.
3/14/14 @ 4:19 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
not done im still fishing walleyes and pike and crappie on the Wisconsin river
3/14/14 @ 8:03 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
I think I'm done. I haven't put all of the gear away yet but I just don't have any more motivation this year. This winter took the fun out of ice fishing for me. I lost count how many times I had to dig the truck and snowmobile out of a drift or slush. When something that's supposed to be fun turns into work, it's time to throw in the towel. I look forward to next season but this one sucked. Angry
Displaying 76 to 90 of 110 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE