MORE
Ice Fishing

Are you done for the season?

3/9/14 @ 4:30 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
I am not. Still hoping to catch some nice fish this year through the ice. Conditions right now are brutal with all the snow, slush, and ice up north. I am taking a few weeks off. But, with the temps falling after this warm up and all that ice still left, I'm expecting to have a few trips left this year yet. Hopefully the snow doesn't melt suddenly and eat that ice away, but there is just so much ice left, I'd have to think we have quite a bit of time yet, at least up north and probably most of the state. Nothing better than catching fish in 50 degree weather on top of 20 inches of ice! Are you done? Ready for open water? Or, still planning on catching some fish through the ice?
Displaying 61 to 75 of 110 posts
4/18/14 @ 9:35 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Mountain Reservoirs are still ice capped, solid and fishing well..
4/15/14 @ 4:45 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
With the way things are going up here in Vilas, my tip ups just can't seem to be put away. Only two and a half weeks till the opener and a monster snow storm coming tomorrow. Gonna be a pretty decent shot at fishing some ice for the opener. Might have to readjust my thoughts. Didn't think it was realistic, but time is growing short.
4/14/14 @ 9:08 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
Lots of guys out in the Minocqua area this weekend. I was putting in a tile floor so never had time to go out. Have to grout it when I'm back in 2 weeks so I'm probably done for the year. Get the work done now so I can play when its nicer out. Big Smile
4/14/14 @ 6:20 AM
Summers Off
User since 5/9/06
Done. This is the year of the never ending winter. All the cold weather and record snow has been good for me...bought my first snowmobile this year. But on the flip side, too much snow made ice fishing a pain in the a$$ in Vilas and Oneida counties. Need some sun and gobblers. Cool
4/14/14 @ 12:36 AM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
User since 11/19/09
Done. Putting things away and doing P.M.s on the open water stuff.
4/12/14 @ 8:15 PM
Dirty Jim
User since 2/25/14
Still getting out in Polk co. The blugills and crappies are biting good!
4/11/14 @ 4:27 PM
Foundry Rat
User since 1/21/10
My auger has been summarized and my stuff stowed in the basement. Time for turkeys and walleyes.
4/8/14 @ 7:35 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
gotta love fishing in the boat and having someone ice fishing less that 20 yards away
4/7/14 @ 4:18 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Jaybee-You lasted as long as me then! I fished yesterday and that might be it. PLENTY of ice up here, but I can only fish weekends and my next few are booked. So, it's been a fun year. Who knows, if the ice holds on for another 3 weeks it's possible. But, warm temps this week. I'm never gonna say never, but it looks like my last step on the ice might have occurred about 5:15 yesterday.
4/7/14 @ 12:11 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06
Im finally done in Waukesha county. Pretty scary walkin out there the last time out. One of the drain holes was so big I could have launched a boat in it! Taking the walleye rod down to the Rock river next time out. See you guys on the ice next year!
4/7/14 @ 9:52 AM
Point Muskie Hunter
Point Muskie Hunter
User since 1/28/13
Yes I'm done Crying
4/6/14 @ 9:27 PM
blackbrd
User since 1/9/07
C'mon rat aren't u up for some black ice perch jerkin. Hope u work nights! PM me we'll catch some.
4/6/14 @ 6:25 PM
Foundry Rat
User since 1/21/10
I think I just ice fished my last time. On to turkeys and rivers.
4/3/14 @ 4:30 PM
Grass_hopper
Grass_hopper
User since 7/8/13
Yep, done ice fishing for the year. Prepping for the runs on the Fox @ DePere, Wolf @ Fremont and Menominee River. - GH
4/3/14 @ 3:02 AM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06
I keep fishing until cds falls thru the ice down here in Waukesha county. He is my barometer of ice thickness, LOL! Was on 16 inches of ice today the shoreline is more of the problem. If I can get on, the main lake is ok
Displaying 61 to 75 of 110 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE