MORE
Ice Fishing

Are you done for the season?

3/9/14 @ 4:30 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
I am not. Still hoping to catch some nice fish this year through the ice. Conditions right now are brutal with all the snow, slush, and ice up north. I am taking a few weeks off. But, with the temps falling after this warm up and all that ice still left, I'm expecting to have a few trips left this year yet. Hopefully the snow doesn't melt suddenly and eat that ice away, but there is just so much ice left, I'd have to think we have quite a bit of time yet, at least up north and probably most of the state. Nothing better than catching fish in 50 degree weather on top of 20 inches of ice! Are you done? Ready for open water? Or, still planning on catching some fish through the ice?
Displaying 46 to 60 of 110 posts
3/9/20 @ 11:20 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

I just got back from fishing the Cisco Chain. There's weeks yet, some spots are softening and those spots are hard to see after snow, so you gotta use caution, but travel wasn't bad.

I'm saying I'll make one more trip up yet, but if we get a bunch of rain up there, the end will come shortly.

3/9/20 @ 10:26 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Minimal ice will be lost this week in NW WI, i'm predicting 2-3 weeks left. Shorelines are still solid and overcast most of this week will keep things at bay. 

3/9/20 @ 8:21 AM
fishicot
User since 4/16/18

The landing at the local lake where we icefish was pretty torn up last week but we were going to check it out this morning before the rain comes.  About a mile from the landing we see a big bolt of lighting so we turned around.  Maybe it would have been alright.  The forecast is for 1/4 to 1/2 inch of rain.  The 19/20 ice fishing season is done for me.  Anyone still hoping to get out?

5/6/14 @ 11:36 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06
Hey n.pike, schools out soon, so no more giving out grades, LOL! But I will give our annual ice trip in Waukesha county an A+ as usual. If u get down my way this summer I got a spot on a river full of 30+ inch pike waiting for ya
5/3/14 @ 10:59 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Ok, I'm finally done for the season. Got out today for the opener on the ice on La Vieux Desert. Great to be on the ice one more time and the ice was in really good shape considering it's May 3, so never really felt like I was in a dangerous situation. It won't last too long though with the sun and warm temps coming, but it's still fishable, but I think most have their tip ups in storage by now. Can't wait for next ice fishing season already! It was a good year for me. I'll give it an A- which beats the winter before which I may have given a D as far as amount of decent fish I or my kids caught.
4/28/14 @ 2:21 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
Saw a group on Lake Minocqua when I drove through Friday.
4/28/14 @ 1:15 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Put most of my stuff away this weekend except for a couple rods and a light hand auger in case I hike into some high reservoirs. Most of the big ones are unsafe now. Looking forward to some shore wading (fly fishing) for pike (sight fishing) around the edges in a couple weeks at a few of them.
4/28/14 @ 10:37 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09
Still guys fishin on lake namekagon in bayfield co this weekend. Still 14 inches out there.
4/28/14 @ 10:36 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09
Still guys fishin on lake namekagon in bayfield co this weekend. Still 14 inches out there.
4/28/14 @ 10:36 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09
4/25/14 @ 4:29 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Last chance to ice fish. Soft water for the rest of the spring/summer/fall, so gotta at least try to get on that stuff if possible. Besides, this might be a once in a lifetime experience, fishing opening day with tip ups. But, the boat will be fun too with time...
4/24/14 @ 11:50 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
I've heard good things about those Montana and Colorado reservours for pike. Big fish. Not a lot of pressure. Might still get out ice fishing. John boat to the ice on the opener, set out some tip ups and retreat to shore. Why not?
4/23/14 @ 3:40 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Casting, most mountain reservoirs the quarry is trout, but I have several that I go to that have Pike and/or Tiger Muskies as well. many of the lower elevation (which are ice free earlier) have Walleyes, Perch, Crappies and Bass.
4/22/14 @ 5:50 AM
Frozenman
User since 12/16/07
4/21, last time out. Did well on crappie, perch and gills.Fished till 8:15. Fish were still biting,unfortunately the wind bit harder as I was underdressed. Was a good late ice season. Till next year....
4/20/14 @ 9:09 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09
iced crappies one more time today up in sawyer county, but the ice has depleted. down to about 16 inches on nelson lake. Big Smile
Displaying 46 to 60 of 110 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE