Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Weather!!!!!!!

4/1/02 @ 8:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
ratfinky
USER SINCE 3/26/02
OK!! I have had it! It is snowing and theres half an inch on the ground! I am moving back down south, I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I am a little frustrated.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 4,538 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

9/16/21 @ 1:49 PM
topam
USER SINCE 1/22/05

Looking like some nice weather for the next 5 days, I sure like the fall days cant wait for those cases where it is 80 degrees and then falls down into the 30s at night

9/14/21 @ 3:11 PM
TigerMusky
USER SINCE 9/14/21

Cold front moving through today, but temps already in the 80s by Thursday and getting higher after that. 

It seems like most years in September theres a big cold front that really cools things off (you see the first nights in the 40s), and then weather stabilizes and it "feels like fall". This usually shuts off fishing for a day or two but the drop in water temps triggers the muskies moving shallow and then the fun begins. 

This fall the inconsistent temperature decline has made water temps slowly yo-yo down, and now they may even rise again. I haven't been Musky fishing for long, but I don't think my follow to bite ratio has ever been this bad while Musky fishing in years past. 

9/14/21 @ 2:55 PM
river_chaser
USER SINCE 10/3/12

Hot temps forcasted for next weekend mid 80s, even 90 in southern part of Wisconsin, doesntlook like fun for the hunting openers.  
However about that same time the pacific northwest will be welcoming a cold front and will produce snow in the rockies. By the folllowing wednsday we will feel some cool relief here in wisconsin if all goes well. 

9/13/21 @ 2:02 PM
river_chaser
USER SINCE 10/3/12

Deep south and Gulf coast is still recovering from Hurricane Ida last week.  The next 3 days Storm Nicholas is dropping 15 inches of rain in the same areas.  These are difficult times.

9/9/21 @ 10:42 AM
river_chaser
USER SINCE 10/3/12

2 week outlook is above normal temps with roller coaster pattern. Kind of a heat dome over most of the country.  September has been mostly warm over the past several years even in  the northwoods. 

9/9/21 @ 6:35 AM
topam
USER SINCE 1/22/05

Great sleeping weather the last few nights, not looking forward to Winter just yet but enjoying the 50's

9/8/21 @ 2:20 PM
Carpio
MEMBER SINCE 11/5/17

Same thing at 7 pm here in Hayward!   CARPIO 

9/8/21 @ 8:21 AM
phishin phool
MEMBER SINCE 4/5/08

chaw, we had just a  good soaker (again) here...Sounds (looks) like, maybe the wrong side of your boat is getting wet...

9/7/21 @ 6:52 PM
chaw
MEMBER SINCE 9/11/02

This cell just put a quick hurtin on Eagle River. Crazy winds and heavy hail that landed on my head often. 

9/7/21 @ 6:43 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER SINCE 6/15/01

Head to the Moccasin Bar, check out the taxidermy 

...bad weather in Hayward reminded me of a Weather story...

... we were fishing a small out of the way Lake... we managed to get two boats back there and we saw the storm coming long way off... the fish were hitting and my dad was pretty thrilled about the action... and as the storm kept approaching we decided to  get our boat out of the water... we kept calling for him to come in and he kept going like one more... finally he came in and we got his boat out of the water just as the big rain came and we got the boats loaded up ... basically one on trailer one on top of the other boat and headed... just as we hit the pavement it started  hailing hardball size hail... thought it was going to bust right thru the windshield... fortunately they were like snowballs not hard-packed just fluffy snowballs but it came down so hard that the roads were covered so deep, that we couldn't tell where the pavement was where the ditch was ... lasted maybe five-ten-fifteen, minutes but it was pretty intense...was May

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 4,538 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.