Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Chicago Bears

8/2/02 @ 9:03 AM
ORIGINAL POST
smug
USER SINCE 7/3/01
Some notes on the Bears' minicamp from football.com.

Quarterback Jim Miller looked to have no ill effects from the health problems he experienced during mini-camp. One thing that did impress us is how Miller was threading the needle in between defenders. He was on target and had a good amount of zip on the ball. We have to imagine that some of his receivers may have had sore hands after hearing the cracking sound of the ball hitting them in the hands on many occasions. Another thing that may be a bad omen for Chicago opponents is how the deep passes were hitting the receivers.......right in stride many times. And on the incompletions, there were no short rounds that would be easy pickings for defenders. In a nutshell, Miller showed no weakness in terms of arm strength. Chris Chandler also made some nice throws, but it was Miller who impressed us most.

Another thing that stood out were the dropped passes.......or maybe we should say the lack thereof. The Chicago receivers took some heat last season for their inconsistent play, specifically drops and bad routes. Outside of some rustiness by Marcus Robinson early in the day, the drops were pretty much absent, and the routes looked sharper. Marty Booker still looked to be the man, and even took a bow after hauling in a bomb that prompted the fans chant his name. But Dez White and David Terrell were sharp as well. White has made major progress in his game from 2001. So much so, that Booker and White are the starting receivers at this point, according to coach Dick Jauron. David Terrell is right there on his heels, and appears to be all business as he enters his second season.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13,757 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

TODAY @ 1:42 PM
Phat Walleyes
Phat Walleyes
USER SINCE 3/31/15

Welcome, get in and stay in line all you newcomers for:  #12 Haters Therapy - The $450+ M Mistake (we should have five SB rings by now)

Come on in! Go to the back!!

All the way to the back ! Fill up the seats in the back... Back... All the way back! Go on you! 

All the way to the back ! Fill up the seats in the back! Go on now !! Fill up all the seats in the back! Get going... To the back!!

TODAY @ 1:39 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER SINCE 1/14/02

And his girlfriend is Bold and Beautiful

TODAY @ 1:01 PM
cm1234
USER SINCE 8/3/12

Phat has posters of Lori Lightfoot hanging over his bed.

TODAY @ 12:58 PM
cm1234
USER SINCE 8/3/12

LOL, Phat has more Fauci juice than blood in him and calls someone a fool. Pot, Kettle.

TODAY @ 12:53 PM
Leechster
Leechster
USER SINCE 1/22/21

It’s alright Phats. Both of our beloved teams have plenty to work on. We’re just emotional fans in Wisconsin and Illinois, and now world wide. I have a friend in Hong Kong that likes the Packers and the Raiders. Heck, I chose the Bears on the LL Football Pool! we have more in common than most NFL fans have with their Rivalries. I consider everybody on Bear thread LL Friends. I’m sure you do too! You guys got your new monster, R. Smith. Herbert can run the Rock till Monte gets back, and you have to protect Fields. 

TODAY @ 12:27 PM
Mea culpa
USER SINCE 3/9/22

My buddy LRB just reminded me that the Bears have only won 3 playoff games in the past 20+ years and their last win was over 10 years ago!

I guess you would consider that none and done?  

TODAY @ 12:23 PM
fishfillet
USER SINCE 1/8/13

Phat walleyes.  Rodgers was smart enough not to take the jab, yet you mock him.  Lol

TODAY @ 9:48 AM
topam
USER SINCE 1/22/05

Phat -- I second your posts, agree Rodgers is a great QB but for all that money it is very similar to Manning when he was dominant in the season w/ Indy -- he was a great qb with a few rings but every year you thought they were going to win it and were a disappointment.

I hope Aaron sticks around till he is 48, maybe by then he will have had the city of GB pay him over 1 billion dollars by selling worthless stock

TODAY @ 9:23 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
MEMBER SINCE 12/25/01

I agree chaw.

Btw,I have a good back scratch suggestion. 

Note the fine adjustment tool.

TODAY @ 9:13 AM
chaw
MEMBER SINCE 9/11/02

JS- It’s true Lombardi is a great man but I must point out Ditka is still alive and survives heart attacks like they are hiccups. I heard Ditka didn’t even put his cigar out during his last heart attack. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 13,757 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.