Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Chicago Bears

8/2/02 @ 9:03 AM
ORIGINAL POST
smug
User since 7/3/01
Some notes on the Bears' minicamp from football.com.

Quarterback Jim Miller looked to have no ill effects from the health problems he experienced during mini-camp. One thing that did impress us is how Miller was threading the needle in between defenders. He was on target and had a good amount of zip on the ball. We have to imagine that some of his receivers may have had sore hands after hearing the cracking sound of the ball hitting them in the hands on many occasions. Another thing that may be a bad omen for Chicago opponents is how the deep passes were hitting the receivers.......right in stride many times. And on the incompletions, there were no short rounds that would be easy pickings for defenders. In a nutshell, Miller showed no weakness in terms of arm strength. Chris Chandler also made some nice throws, but it was Miller who impressed us most.

Another thing that stood out were the dropped passes.......or maybe we should say the lack thereof. The Chicago receivers took some heat last season for their inconsistent play, specifically drops and bad routes. Outside of some rustiness by Marcus Robinson early in the day, the drops were pretty much absent, and the routes looked sharper. Marty Booker still looked to be the man, and even took a bow after hauling in a bomb that prompted the fans chant his name. But Dez White and David Terrell were sharp as well. White has made major progress in his game from 2001. So much so, that Booker and White are the starting receivers at this point, according to coach Dick Jauron. David Terrell is right there on his heels, and appears to be all business as he enters his second season.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10,822 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/27/20 @ 7:54 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

You Cheesys can rag on Mitch all you want and I totally agree with it. I hope he never takes another snap again unless it's snapping his fingers.  Foles has the reins now and I hope with this comeback victory he takes total control of the offense Too bad about Owens,it looks like he tore up his knee pretty bad!! 3-0 and that's what counts regardless.

9/27/20 @ 5:36 PM
Little River Band
User since 3/21/20

Feel sorry for Mitch! Hope he works his way back for the Packers games!

9/27/20 @ 5:26 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02

That's a great one swamp

9/27/20 @ 4:48 PM
swamp people
swamp people
User since 5/14/12

R.I.P

F.L.L.

9/27/20 @ 4:42 PM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

Mitch has had a lot of good nicknames but Mitch Trubenchski is by far my favorite! 

9/27/20 @ 4:35 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02

To be honest I have no idea how the Bears win games nor how badly the Falcons have gagged in the last 2 games

Mitch Trubenchsky

9/27/20 @ 3:27 PM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

I honestly thought they were done in this game. Foles knows how to win and should be a big upgrade from Mitchell. 

9/27/20 @ 3:24 PM
swamp people
swamp people
User since 5/14/12

See I tow u

F.L.L.

9/27/20 @ 3:21 PM
Treeshark
User since 4/5/09

Trubisky’s career as a starter may very well be over. 

As a Packers fan, I don’t like seeing Foles in a Bears uniform at all...

9/27/20 @ 3:20 PM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17

Benched after throwing to Falcons.   

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10,822 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.