SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Silver Dollar Area Ontario

5/21/04 @ 11:46 AM
INITIAL POST
JEP
User since 10/19/01
Just interested to see if anyone fishes this area of Ontario. My group will be making it's 12th trip to the area later this summer. We stay at Moose Creek Camp about 8 miles north of Silver Dollar. We fish a number of different lakes in this area. Some of our favorites are Wintering, Sowden, Sturgeon, Young and Watcomb. I would enjoy comparing ideas and stories with fisherman who have spent time in this area. JEP

Displaying 41 to 50 of 1,278 posts
5/16/23 @ 1:09 PM
Walleye 88
User since 7/29/21
I am hearing the same thing.  Low water levels.  Still ice on lakes, but going out soon.
5/14/23 @ 6:25 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10
I just got home from Sturgeon Lake. I would say the lake is at least a foot below normal for this time of year. The bay I am in was only about half frozen I suspect in two or three days the lake should be opened up, but I could not get to the main part of the lake yesterday.

5/11/23 @ 6:43 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06
My contact in Red Lake reports that water levels are low for springtime.
5/10/23 @ 9:17 PM
brownbear
User since 3/17/12
Wondering if anyone knows what lake levels are at this spring? Heading up may 26th. 
5/6/23 @ 3:38 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13
Temple Bay Resort on Eagle Lake has a Facebook video this week showing the water levels way down. Jeff also states there’s not much snow for runoff to improve the low levels.
5/6/23 @ 8:18 AM
selbert
User since 4/21/16
Does anyone have info on lake water levels? I was thinking I read somewhere that this year was well above average for snowfall.
5/2/23 @ 2:58 PM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01
Jamie and Sherri who own Cobb Bay are nice folks,  They used to run Handcuff and all the bush lakes from their camp already, probably just wanted some extra space since its right on their back door.  Good for them.
5/1/23 @ 1:16 PM
northernexsposure
User since 3/15/08
FYI, Andy's Graystone Camp has been sold to the current owners of Cobb Bay resort. They are going to run it under the name Graystone Lake Lodge.  I don't know if anyone here fishes any of the Handcuff road lakes or uses either of these camps.  But from what I could tell both camps will be run the same way as they have in the past with Grayson offer the bush lake package.
4/28/23 @ 2:24 PM
James Mac
User since 5/12/20
Guidedfishing,

Thanks for clearing the road construction questions up. I guess, I'm fortunate as I do not travel north of Silver Dollar.

Good luck on your trips and thanks again!

James Mac
4/28/23 @ 7:19 AM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01
James Mac

Still full on winter up there at the moment,  Road construction and resurfacing starts May 8 on 599  North of Silver dollar, continuing North of Savant your guess is as good as mine on what direction they start from.  I will be south of Silver Dollar in June, then North of Silver Dollar and Savant in August so hopefully by then they are a little more packed in.
Displaying 41 to 50 of 1,278 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE