Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Silver Dollar Area Ontario

5/21/04 @ 11:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
JEP
User since 10/19/01
Just interested to see if anyone fishes this area of Ontario. My group will be making it's 12th trip to the area later this summer. We stay at Moose Creek Camp about 8 miles north of Silver Dollar. We fish a number of different lakes in this area. Some of our favorites are Wintering, Sowden, Sturgeon, Young and Watcomb. I would enjoy comparing ideas and stories with fisherman who have spent time in this area. JEP

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 1,100 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
6/24/20 @ 9:23 AM
Jibberish
User since 5/29/06

Hey there 14ftdown, thanks for filling me in on your week in Minnesota. It's hard to go to a new fishing hole and figure it out in a weeks time, especially if the weather doesn't cooperate. You did pretty good tho. Good for Bobby to land a nice Northern. Still holding out a flicker of hope for September but certainly will look forward to seeing you next year at Young. If I were to wear shorts and a tank top, you will recognize me as the one who looks like Freddie Krueger! lol

6/24/20 @ 5:53 AM
14ftdown
14ftdown
User since 3/3/04

Good to hear from you Jibberish and that your surgery went well. We went to Kabetogama lake the week of our normal Canada trip. Most likely will never go back. Probably caught as many fish in 7 days as we do in 7 hours in Canada. Storms and wind most days didn't help our catch rate I'm sure. Walleyes had to be under 18 to keep. We brought home 9 of our allotted 16 to take home. Northerns were small but Bobby managed a 40". Hopefully we'll see you guys at Young Lake next year.

6/21/20 @ 9:54 PM
Jibberish
User since 5/29/06

Thanks for chiming in Canada Bound. I will add that a friend of my son was sick as heck for five days with fever and chills, etc., was tested for cv and tested negative. Point being, this cv may be the flu strain of the season with numbers being fudged. I could go on with my thoughts but this is not the place to do so.... Well, their is still a chance for us I guess. This has got to be tough for the lodges that depend on these four months or so of income.... Just got home from a surgery, damn doctor stole a foot of vein out of one of my upper arms to do artery bypass in my leg. He's actually a very good Dr. Was supposed to have had this done March 24 but....Been living in the twilight zone since March, I need a break, a fishing break that is!

6/21/20 @ 9:03 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

Yes Jibberish I have that feeling as well. I spoke with a Canadian friend last night. He was telling me about some of the things they are still doing to prevent the spread of the virus. Up until this past Friday if he went fishing he could only have another person in his boat if they lived in The same household. I haven’t been watching the number of cases anymore but it sounds like cases have been dropping better in Canada than the states so until this runs it’s course and people quit doing things to create more exposure we could be in for a long wait. No one wants to go north more than me so I hope like hell I am wrong.

6/21/20 @ 4:27 PM
Jibberish
User since 5/29/06

I am feeling bad vibes about the border opening for us this year. Am no friend of government, when the system says they are trying to protect us, I read it as they are up to something we probably won't care for when the dust ever does settle. Hate to say this but it seems from the get go that if we seek to do something fun, they are not allowing it, but feel free to riot and loot if you wish. Gotta figure that all lockdowns would have to be lifted in The U.S. and Canada before the border will be opened. Sure hope I am wrong about my gut feelings, I also was looking to take a later than usual trip up to Young Lake.

6/19/20 @ 9:54 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

Yes I have always done well in September didn’t seem to matter if it was in the beginning of the month middle or end. I just was curious about October seeing how this year I might be getting up north later than I’d like.??‍??

6/19/20 @ 7:15 AM
Silver surfer
Silver surfer
User since 6/20/16

I like mid September the weather is good and the fishing is usually excellent, I think in October the weather is up and down daily and disrupts feeding patterns

6/17/20 @ 9:48 AM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

What’s the latest in the fall any of you guys have fished for walleye in the silver dollar area. I tried twice in October one time for a day around Oct. 10 and I tried one other time for a day around October 25.  It was very slow for walleye both times I tried. I am curious if my experience was normal for that time of year?

6/10/20 @ 7:44 PM
Silver surfer
Silver surfer
User since 6/20/16

So what is the official lift on the border closure to non essential activity such as wilderness fishing? I usually get up in September, hope things start to normalize

5/30/20 @ 6:58 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

Yep this definitely sucks! It’s been 23 years since I have not caught a walleye in the month of May!

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 1,100 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.