Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Silver Dollar Area Ontario

5/21/04 @ 11:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
JEP
User since 10/19/01
Just interested to see if anyone fishes this area of Ontario. My group will be making it's 12th trip to the area later this summer. We stay at Moose Creek Camp about 8 miles north of Silver Dollar. We fish a number of different lakes in this area. Some of our favorites are Wintering, Sowden, Sturgeon, Young and Watcomb. I would enjoy comparing ideas and stories with fisherman who have spent time in this area. JEP

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 1,100 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/29/20 @ 9:08 PM
brownbear
User since 3/17/12

This sucks! I should be up there right now just getting off of watcome now!

5/21/20 @ 7:20 PM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

Six mile is a lake trout and pike lake. You will need to dock a boat with a atv. The path from the parking area to the landing is all ruts, mud, rocks and stumps. Most people that go there rent a boat

5/20/20 @ 9:45 AM
JCBoys
User since 5/20/20

Our Family has been going to the Silver dollar area for a few years now, and the guys want to get a little more adventurous.  One lake they all want to fish is Six Mile Lake.  Not looking for locations or hot spots.  Just wondering if anyone has been there in the last few years, if its even possible to reach by truck, how big of boat can be launched, how is the launch, ect.  Any information on Six Mile Lake would be appreciated.   

5/20/20 @ 8:02 AM
selbert
User since 4/21/16

We are scheduled to be up in that neck of the woods June 27th.  Anyone heard any rumors what the Canadian strict border policies will look like?  2nd question,  what does this closure do to the health of all of the lakes in the Silver Dollar area? I'm guessing they've had little to no pressure over the past month. An undisturbed spawn may really help in the next few seasons. Thoughts?

5/19/20 @ 2:06 PM
urmnymkr
urmnymkr
User since 7/30/13

Got a call from Silver Dollar regarding the border closure as well....rats!  Will have to reschedule.  

5/15/20 @ 5:49 AM
14ftdown
14ftdown
User since 3/3/04

It's official we received an email from Young Lake Lodge that the border will be closed till June 21st or longer. Now have to wait till June 5th 2021.

5/14/20 @ 12:18 PM
14ftdown
14ftdown
User since 3/3/04

Pretty disappointed about the border but booked a cabin on Kabetogama for the week of June 6th. Was kind of a gamble putting down a deposit this late in the game but there weren't many openings left on any of the lakes I wanted in northern MN. If the border somehow opens by June 5th I'll be paying for 2 cabins.

5/14/20 @ 12:12 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

As we speak, I should be in a pickup heading to Sturgeon Lake. F'n Covid!

5/13/20 @ 7:13 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

I just saw this article now it looks like June 21.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-canada/canada-u-s-are-likely-to-extend-travel-restrictions-until-june-21-sources-idUSKBN22P1IU?fbclid=IwAR16YRgcG_hKryVtFo9hKHgCx1XLMcBc5FIt0RU59-WGptKnppKUcnehg1w

5/13/20 @ 6:56 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Ontario closed until at least June 2. Our trip was canceled today by the resort till maybe July 21. They have canceled everything till July. We were supposed to go June 23.  Not sure why the resort canceled us early but they must know something. Maybe they are taking the Premier at his word that he is adamant about not opening the border. I did see an interview on TV about the lack of hospital beds in Northwest Ontario. Here's the link with the June 2nd date. Good luck everybody, where ever your going to wet a line.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-s-state-of-emergency-extended-until-june-2-1.4935426

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 1,100 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.