Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Silver Dollar Area Ontario

5/21/04 @ 11:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
JEP
User since 10/19/01
Just interested to see if anyone fishes this area of Ontario. My group will be making it's 12th trip to the area later this summer. We stay at Moose Creek Camp about 8 miles north of Silver Dollar. We fish a number of different lakes in this area. Some of our favorites are Wintering, Sowden, Sturgeon, Young and Watcomb. I would enjoy comparing ideas and stories with fisherman who have spent time in this area. JEP

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 1,100 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/11/20 @ 12:53 PM
Silver surfer
Silver surfer
User since 6/20/16

Any updates on the border crossing ?

4/2/20 @ 12:34 PM
ResQ91
ResQ91
User since 4/3/05

Hear ya there buddy........

I am starting to get worried my visit is not happening this year. :(

4/2/20 @ 9:30 AM
14ftdown
14ftdown
User since 3/3/04

Can't remember the last time I missed an early June trip to Young Lake. Praying it all works out.

3/20/20 @ 1:50 PM
ResQ91
ResQ91
User since 4/3/05

Forgot to add,

Been spending more and more time on Sturgeon Lake as years have gone by. Fishing is excellent and there are some real trophys for pretty much every kind of fish that swims up there.

Probably recommend Harris Bay and Sturgeon Lake Lodge over the others for this reason. Then you dont have to trailer much (if at all) I really like having the boat parked on a pier!

3/20/20 @ 1:41 PM
ResQ91
ResQ91
User since 4/3/05

Been coming up here for decades.

Harris Bay (Klaus)

Silver Dollar

Young Lake

All nice places

3/20/20 @ 10:38 AM
Arod
User since 2/26/13

Other options are Young Lake Lodge and Moose Creek Camp. Both are centrally located which enables you to have numerous fishing options. Can't go wrong with either. Good Luck

3/20/20 @ 9:58 AM
urmnymkr
urmnymkr
User since 7/30/13

Looking at heading up to this area in June.  Looking at lodging/ options.  Any other options than Andys, Cobb Bay, or Silver Dollar to stay at?  These are nice camps but just wondering if I am missing something.  Use to be a few more camps in the area but they must have shut down?  Is Airbnb an option in this are or another service which I do not know of?

3/20/20 @ 8:33 AM
ResQ91
ResQ91
User since 4/3/05

Nice mess of Pout!!

I have always wanted to try for those.

Cant wait for May!

Also hopin Border is open.......

3/20/20 @ 8:03 AM
Canada Bound
User since 2/19/10

I got home from a short ice fishing trip on Sturgeon lake this past Sunday. There was no need for a auger extension this year ice was in the 24-30 inch range. Last year it was well over 36 inches. Snow was also less. We had knee deep snow to contend with compared to thigh high snow last year. Judging by my dock water levels were high when the lake froze over. We had fun catching Ling cod. Trout and walleye were hard to find.

3/19/20 @ 5:15 PM
brownbear
User since 3/17/12

I sure hope that they open the boarders before middle of May!

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 1,100 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.