MORE
Archery

Adams County Deer Hunting

11/23/16 @ 2:32 PM
INITIAL POST
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Saw Juneau County had a hunting forum so figured I'd start one up for the hunters in Adams County.  Feel free to post trail cam pics as well as sightings and harvests.  

Displaying 31 to 45 of 153 posts
11/8/21 @ 7:13 AM
whatup
User since 12/9/01

Hunted the last 4 days in Adams county. First week of Nov is typically one of the best weeks to bow hunt. It was just awful. 1 doe and 2 small bucks. No shots. 

11/5/21 @ 5:11 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

No deer were seen the last 2 days.  I hunted from 2 different locations.  One public, one private.

Hunting deer is an exercise in futility.

10/31/21 @ 7:05 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

I hunted by Castle Rock Dam and saw no deer.   On the way home, I saw a field and stream cover sized buck.   They I saw a field with a dozen or so does.

Back at it in the morning at a new spot.

10/26/21 @ 6:36 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

I saw 3 does coming in close, but staying in the brush.  A pair of grouse stopped by to say hello.  This was my first day of crossbow hunting this season.

Hopefully, I will harvest one of those does tomorrow.

Castle Rock Dam area.

10/26/21 @ 4:43 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Sounds like things are really heating up by you Bass!  Been getting a lot of small bucks on camera hitting scrapes all throughout the day the last few days.  I'll be up there this Sunday thru the following Sunday.  Fingers crossed and good luck all!

10/24/21 @ 6:03 PM
bass423
PRO MEMBER User since 3/1/12

Adams County was good beginning on Friday afternoon.  I got to see one of our targets the nice 10 that thrashed a tree and made a small scrape at about 40 yds.  It turned and started walking straight to me, exactly straight.  I had to move my right hand to the right to grab the bow and he picked me off.  After a 5 minute stare down, he decided that the way he came was a good call, and it was.  My brother saw some smaller bucks and very few doe all weekend.  Saturday morning was one of his best days in the woods.  At 802 a "new player" as he said had just walked right under the ladder stand and never stopped until he got past the small trees and kept right on walking out of his life!  He described it as the biggest buck he/we have ever seen.  30 minutes later, our top photo buck, the 11, a clean 10 with a tea kettle handle on the G2.  It's probably lows 40s but good for our area.  He doesn't shoot it because he had just seen a great buck and wanted to shoot that one.  Don't know if we will ever see him again but it was fun weekend hunt either way.  I saw a doe this morning and he saw a spike.

Good luck to all and stay tuned.

10/18/21 @ 6:05 PM
missedagain
User since 6/1/14

Went up Saturday morning to do some scouting. Saw quite a few more tracks than the last couple years. Even saw a couple freshish scrapes. Saw a few coyote tracks but no wolf tracks for the first time in 5 years. Opted to not fight the 30 mph winds. Waiting for Halloween weekend. 

10/18/21 @ 2:07 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Have been out for two evening sits so far this year.  Passed on a decent 8 and a small 7 and saw a handful of does.  My brother shot a nice 8 pointer early october.  Have been getting a ton of coyotes on camera as of late..not really how i'd like to go into my week off rutcation coming up but oh well.  Anyone else been having much luck?

11/25/20 @ 7:04 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

Since I worked all weekend, this was my first day of the gun hunt.  I saw no deer in the morning, I came home and went out again in the afternoon.

No deer.  No other hunters.  

I will try again on Saturday.

11/22/20 @ 9:33 AM
Cambridge
User since 3/21/14

Extremely quiet around Rome and northern Adams county! The only deer seen are the ones around the lakes cottages. Every year there is less and less shots heard

11/10/20 @ 8:42 AM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

I hunted around a dozen times in the Easton area.  Lots of tracks in the sand.  Zero deer seen.

I am done deer hunting for the year and will focus on duck hunting.

Better to shoot a few ducks than to shoot nothing at all.

11/3/20 @ 5:28 AM
cohoho
cohoho
PRO MEMBER User since 5/10/07

Wow eagle. What a deer. Congratulations!

11/2/20 @ 8:35 PM
eagle17
User since 1/15/03

18 pointer taken yesterday Nov. 1st...my heart is still pumping!!!

11/2/20 @ 7:38 AM
bass423
PRO MEMBER User since 3/1/12

Filled my tag with a nice 9 pointer on Halloween afternoon, the rut really picked on Saturday around us with bucks chasing does around.  Good luck to all still out there.

10/26/20 @ 5:25 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Nice bass, post a pic if you dont mind!  Starting to get more and more bucks on camera.  a few rubs and bigggg scrapes popped up over the last week as well.  looking forward for my week off of work coming up in early november.  good luck everyone.

Displaying 31 to 45 of 153 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE