MORE
Archery

Adams County Deer Hunting

11/23/16 @ 2:32 PM
INITIAL POST
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Saw Juneau County had a hunting forum so figured I'd start one up for the hunters in Adams County.  Feel free to post trail cam pics as well as sightings and harvests.  

Displaying 61 to 75 of 153 posts
10/31/19 @ 5:33 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Went up last weekend with not much to show for it.  Sat 4 times and only saw one small 5 pointer who got the pass.  Found about 8 scrapes walking to and from the stand so theres gotta be some action going on in the woods.  Will probably skip this weekend but will be up next Wednesday - Sunday.  Anyone else been out lately?

10/15/19 @ 1:52 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Dad went up over the weekend and took a nice doe for the freezer.  Saw about 5 others he said.    

10/7/19 @ 4:48 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Went up on Saturday during the rain just to check out the property and get the propane tanks setup for the camper.  Wanted to hunt with it being right after a big rain, but by the time I was done it was pushing 415 so I decided to just head home.  Wish I did hunt though as I've never seen so many deer out this early in the big ag fields.  Stopped and glassed a few of them and saw one monster 10 pointer.  Gonna be a sad camera pull when I see a brute on his feet during that evening!  Good Luck

9/28/19 @ 12:14 AM
Muskie5153
Muskie5153
User since 4/8/18

Heading out in the AM have a ton of does on camera but think I’m gonna leave them alone until after November. They’re all over my property along with a nice 10 that was out in front of one of my stands 2 days ago. Hopefully get a shot at him. Hoping the little bit cooler temps in the morning might have them looking for acorns on the oak islands in my swampy property. Good luck if anyone else is getting out!

9/19/19 @ 1:52 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Went up opening weekend and only hunted Saturday evening.  Saw a big doe and that was it.  Did see a nice bachelor group of about 6 bucks in the field across the street. Good luck.

9/9/19 @ 1:41 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Got up to the property to check on the plots and check the 1 camera I had out.  Over 2 weeks and nothing but does on camera.  Lack of rain really did a number on 2 of the plots, but the Wintergreens are doing exceptionally well.  Hoping we get some rain this week so the remaining two can finally take off.  Not sure yet if I'll be hunting the opener this Saturday or not.  Good luck everyone.

7/16/19 @ 1:08 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10
Went up to check on the property over the weekend and to start prepping the food plots.  Tons of standing water.  Hoping we have a little bit of a dry spell because as it stands I can't get to the back of the property because the ATV trail is underwater in one part!  Not much deer sign to note of, but did find a small shed.
3/6/19 @ 3:49 PM
whatup
User since 12/9/01

Can I ask what townships? 

3/6/19 @ 9:13 AM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

11 new CWD positives in Adams County in 2018.  All in the same 5 townships as where they were found before.

This means 3% of sampled deer were infected.  Not good.

11/21/18 @ 4:32 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10
Hunted opening weekend with my dad and brother.  I saw 2 doe, 3 coyotes, and 10 turkeys.  Dad saw 1 monster buck, 1 smaller buck, and a doe.  Brother didn't see anything.  No shot on any of the deer or coyotes unfortunately.  An OK amount of shooting opening morning, but barely heard any shooting after that.
11/20/18 @ 7:06 PM
deerdog
User since 11/7/03

My dad, my bro and I hunted opening weekend on a combination of small private land and public land. I saw 4 deer opening morning and that was it for our group. Heard shooting, but nothing too close and it seemed to stop by 9am opening morning.

11/20/18 @ 1:35 PM
Cambridge
User since 3/21/14
Just our observation from opening weekend.  My son and I hunted the entire Saturday and Sunday never leaving the woods except for 2 hours over noon hour sunday. Saturday we hunted just south of Rome. Very to extremely quiet probably less than 10 shots heard.  Son did manage a small buck at approx. 4pm Saturday but that was the only deer we saw.  Sunday we hunted just North of Rome without seeing a deer and again very,very little shooting. I don't know what to think of it. We seemed to see a fair amount of tracks, hunter pressure in the areas we were was very light.
11/12/18 @ 2:31 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10
My 9 day rut hunt ended yesterday..overall was a pretty disappointing week.  Saw some does and some smaller bucks, but the cold and wind was not fun to deal with.  Had a pack of coyotes come through the last couple of weeks..lots of fresh coyote tracks in the snow and saw two of them on stand.  Can only assume that was the issue for the limited sightings compared to normal.  Oh well..still was great to be in the woods and not to be stuck at work.  I'll be heading up again this weekend for the gun opener.  Good luck.
11/7/18 @ 2:56 PM
mbrady3
User since 10/9/18

The rubs and scrapes are exploding on our property. Lots of little guys were dogging does last weekend. Trail cam pics are picking up too. These cold temps should have em up and running.  Evidence being, tagged out on decent 8 pointer this am, was in stand less than an hour saw 2 bucks. Now's the best time of year to be in a stand. Go get boys! Stay warm, aim true!!

11/7/18 @ 1:04 AM
mudbucket
PRO MEMBER User since 12/21/04

I was up hunting Friday, Saturday, some activity by us. Started seeing some of the bigger bucks cruising the lanes Saturday morning. Seen a smaller buck chasing Saturday afternoon.  We have some nice ones on camera I'd like a chance at. This one worries me. Haven't seen him since Sept. Or from stand yet.

GOOD LUCK if you get out this week, weekend. 

Displaying 61 to 75 of 153 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE