MORE
Archery

Adams County Deer Hunting

11/23/16 @ 2:32 PM
INITIAL POST
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Saw Juneau County had a hunting forum so figured I'd start one up for the hunters in Adams County.  Feel free to post trail cam pics as well as sightings and harvests.  

Displaying 76 to 90 of 153 posts
11/6/18 @ 10:38 PM
deerdog
User since 11/7/03

My brother hunted public land all last week and I made it up for 3 days. We never saw a deer. Didn’t see any bucks out during the daylight or running across the road while driving back and forth from hunting locations. Camera pics are all at night yet. Hope the coming cold temps will help a bit

11/6/18 @ 7:29 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10
Anyone been out?  I’m about halfway through my rutcation and have seen nothing but does and a nubbin.  Sat in the wrong stand Saturday morning as i checked the cameras i had a monster come through a different area of the property.  Hopefully the rising pressure and cooler weather gets things going this week cuz it has been slow.  Good luck
10/29/18 @ 8:02 PM
Kutt2
User since 10/31/15

My take on Adams Co. right now.

Younger deer seem to be active.

i don’t see much sign of sexuall tension yet. Allot of deer feeding in fields afternoons. I am confused  why I don’t see much for buck cruising.

10/29/18 @ 6:18 PM
bass423
PRO MEMBER User since 3/1/12

My brother in law got a nice 10 pt on Friday at 6 PM.  Came in alone and was getting ready to leave and decided to turn left and it was his last mistake.  Will score in the low 140s but is very thick and was 4yo or older.  His whole head was gray and a big long nose.  Probably weighed about 200# field dressed, very big body.

Congrats to him, hopefully it is my turn!

10/29/18 @ 4:54 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10
Went up this last weekend to hang a new rut stand for my annual rutcation coming up.  Checked the camera and had a few nice ones on there including the big 8 I’ve had running around the last couple of years..he showed himself last year during daylight while i was in a different part of the property so fingers crossed magic strikes this next week!  Good luck everyone.
10/22/18 @ 10:39 AM
mbrady3
User since 10/9/18

Anyone seeing the deer activity ramping up?  Cam pics are starting to show the 1.5yr olds cruising a bit more during the daylight hours, the big boys still showing up at night..Seems like were very very close

10/17/18 @ 5:21 PM
deerdog
User since 11/7/03

Sat 6 times from Saturday til this morning. Saw 5 does, all Saturday evening. Trying to figure out a new part of the county, so I’m ok with it for a bit. 

10/14/18 @ 7:49 PM
bass423
PRO MEMBER User since 3/1/12
Saw nada on Fri afternoon, Sat. AM & PM, saw a doe with a fawn this morning.  No bucks yet.
10/14/18 @ 6:25 AM
deerdog
User since 11/7/03

Saw 5 does last night. Had them from 5-30 yds, so that was a fun sit. Just needs to stop raining for a few weeks. Our place is flooded the most it’s been all year

10/9/18 @ 12:39 PM
Cambridge
User since 3/21/14

I agree, any buck photo's have all been at night. and there haven't been many yet.  But I'm not to concerned.  The best time will be the week after Halloween.  I kind of believe in staying away from some stands until that week so not to over scent/track those areas. 

10/9/18 @ 10:06 AM
deerdog
User since 11/7/03

Still just seeing does on stand. Buck pics are all at night

10/9/18 @ 7:17 AM
mbrady3
User since 10/9/18

Been ghosting this forum for awhile, figured I would get in the game and join the conversation.  Been out the last couple weekends, been having terrible timing on walking up on deer in front of the stand I'm going to sit in :/.  But we are seeing more and more doe's in our area.  For some reason our bachelor group we've had the past couple years is gone, which is concerning.  Hopefully things start to ramp up here at the end of the month and we can really watch some fireworks in the stand!  Good luck to all out there!  The best time of the year is mere weeks away!!

10/8/18 @ 1:26 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10
Sat twice over the weekend.  Saw 3 doe the first sit.  Saw 2 small bucks and a doe the 2nd sit.  
10/1/18 @ 1:30 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10
Had a much better weekend compared to last weekend..cold front and on/off rain had em moving.  Sat Friday-Sunday evenings and saw a total of 15 deer.  They were a mix of does and yearlings.  No buck sightings which was a buzzkill as I pushed back into one of my better buck spots on the property.  Good luck everyone
9/30/18 @ 10:35 PM
deerdog
User since 11/7/03

Sat 2 mornings and 1 evening Fri & Sat. Saw deer 2  of the sits. All does. 

Displaying 76 to 90 of 153 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE