SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2017 Waterfowl Reports

1/1/17 @ 6:31 PM
INITIAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

2017 is here! Post your reports, conditions etc, here. Let us know what's going on!

Displaying 16 to 30 of 307 posts
12/5/17 @ 8:35 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Thinkin about getting the wife and her camera out there and get some good pic' s. I started humming in a dog whistle and we got down. They got really low, unbelievable, no camo, dog just sitting, truck 75yds away!? 

12/5/17 @ 8:22 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

My apologies fellas for plugging up the reports with the back and forth gibberish. Lol.

Went out last night to pick up some of our stuff. Had chairs, camo cloth, buckets, coolers and decoys piled up. Hauling it back and forth to the truck. First trip back we had 200 geese and a handful of ducks over us lookin. Bout 20mins before "closing", had a couple 100+ flocks of ducks over us. I COULDN'T HELP IT, I HAD TO SHOOT!!....a pic or two. The disappointing part is we haven't scouted/hunted this area the last three weeks. Usually not a good late season spot?

12/4/17 @ 6:33 PM
birdin 24/7
birdin 24/7
User since 12/8/13

I can' believe the season is over here already. Time to travel and catch up with the migration..cant wait til next year. Hopefully some of the other "internet hero' s" here had a great season with memories to carry them til next September..

2017 Waterfowl Reports photo by birdin 24/7
12/4/17 @ 2:51 PM
OnTheDeck15
User since 10/9/17

Mr. Seaguar I would say 90% mallards. In some of the larger flocks you saw a couple pintail or gadwall. I was surprised I did not see any black ducks this past week. Checked the big water last night for the heck of it. Saw a handful of golden eyes and buffies.

12/4/17 @ 10:11 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

woof the drama has found the da duck tread!   forget about da ducks what about da deer!!!!???

last whoorah yesterday AM at a SE wi river, wasn't expecting much because its been to dang warm, had a few doubles make a swing or two and seen some geese but no shots, still a great but sad morning for the end of the season. had it stayed cold and the lakes froze id have some pics to post of orange feet as well.

til next year!  goodhuntin all!

12/4/17 @ 10:04 AM
AlreadyGone
AlreadyGone
User since 9/7/11

Man, those really late Mallard hunts are special....big, full plumage, the ones with red legs, you know they are flight birds right off. 

I remember Herters Model 72 styrofoam decoys used to be the ticket way back in the day...still have a few dozen. G&H was just getting started...they make a nice block. Great goose decoys. So many nice blocks on the market now...You guys today are fortunate, we had to travel to Marion and Crab Orchard for a decent chance at the big fellas back in those days...Southern Illinois. Now the geese are everywhere...doing well. Huge groups here in IL right now. No need to travel too far. We liked P.S Olt A-50 and Ken Martin calls. The best around when you knew how to tune em a bit. Find the cornfields this week with the cold coming. Should do well.

Hard thing today to get permission unless you have connections. People don't trust much anymore and rightfully so. Good luck guys. Enjoy whats left.

12/4/17 @ 7:56 AM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

To everyone posting these awesome pictures. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. 

Follow up question. I only see mallards,  is that because that is the only species you are seeing?

12/4/17 @ 12:47 AM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

My hunting buddy couldnt hunt this weekend so I closed the season alone. Just me and the mallards. And there was a pile of them saw around 1000 each day. I even killed one that wasn't fully colored out. Saturday was just a limit of green. Today was a nice mixed bag of limit of green and limit of geese with a pheasant. Sad to see the season end. 1 fowl one and onthedeck15 way to keep up the hard that pays off. Freeguide is just a troll that is lazy and cant kill birds late in the season but claims to know everything. Can't wait tel next season.

2017 Waterfowl Reports photo by Tr carper
12/3/17 @ 11:52 PM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

ok 1fowelone you can run with as many names names as you want k

just be proud when you do this.

12/3/17 @ 10:48 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Just have a hard time letting people in to my world.

12/3/17 @ 10:45 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

1 fowl 1. Yes I hunt alone ya all by myself. Also don't travel far and hunt local. I have family in Oshkosh but don't get that way much any more.

12/3/17 @ 10:33 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Freegiude reply sent

12/3/17 @ 10:10 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

But, Friday eve, Saturday morn and Sunday. Did alright, unfortunately the monster flocks of mallards (and geese) around are really schooled. Had two flocks of 150+ ducks in each tangle up over the top of us today. One flock 90% mallards had a handful of redheads mixed in and cruising with. And a pintail was took on sat. Nice ending today. Get on some geese here, for the next couple weeks then to Tennessee. 

12/3/17 @ 10:00 PM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

grizwald   there have been few birds around except Michigan.  or Mississippi

check messenger  

12/3/17 @ 9:56 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Got your back 1 fowl 1. If you don't got a report or photos then piss off! 

Displaying 16 to 30 of 307 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE