SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2017 Waterfowl Reports

1/1/17 @ 6:31 PM
INITIAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

2017 is here! Post your reports, conditions etc, here. Let us know what's going on!

Displaying 76 to 90 of 307 posts
11/20/17 @ 4:06 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Yesterday was a bust for me. River was very iced over. Only jumped geese out of roast that were out of range. Scouted and found geese and mallards all hanging out with the swans in the springs. That to was very froze except the hole they were all sitting in. Slept in today, but will try one of my fav spots for late season tomorrow. Couple dozen mallards swimming around in small creek. Close quarters shooting, very fun!

11/20/17 @ 2:52 PM
OnTheDeck15
User since 10/9/17

Here's an honest report. Plenty of birds still around. Still don't think the migration is at the tail end still seeing plenty of ringnecks and red heads.

11/20/17 @ 1:32 PM
birdin 24/7
birdin 24/7
User since 12/8/13

Went out sunday and got a skunk ...lake was to ruff to launch the raft..I'll wait another to months to get cold and soaked for a duck.

11/20/17 @ 12:25 PM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

No one wants to read bad reports. 

And no one wants to post them. That would be like going on facebook and posting horable pictures of yourself in the morning. Doesnt happen often. because it doesnt feel good.

come on guys are they any honest reports out there? 

11/20/17 @ 8:14 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
User since 12/9/10

Just wondering, what is the definition of an "Internet hero"?     Is it just another phrase some hater made up? Lol. 

So maybe I'll just say, I only seen two birds move all weekend. But they were connected to my vortex. You guys are right, not a bird in the state. Didn't see large flocks of geese move all weekend, no large flocks of mallards still around, didn't see a couple flocks of gaddys, no teal around, didn't even touch are guns, nor shoot a limit? Horrible! I'm dreading next weekend, I'll probably have to go out again and see or shoot nothing. Don't understand why I keep hunting this late in the season? 

And it wasn't cool because we didn't see a flock of 100+ish snows cruise over us Saturday. 

11/19/17 @ 10:17 PM
OnTheDeck15
User since 10/9/17

Don't go duck hunting boys! Looks like my season is over the November lull is too much for me. The birds really zipped through Wisco this year. Migration ended a while ago!

11/19/17 @ 10:37 AM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

There were ducks around me in Burnett county yesterday and scores of geese. Deers, uh, not so much.

11/18/17 @ 5:06 PM
birdin 24/7
birdin 24/7
User since 12/8/13

Now the last birds r gone..had to get the 410 out for one more goose hunt...still was over kill at 5 yards.

11/18/17 @ 4:06 PM
wack
wack'em & stack'em
User since 3/13/10

Double tap

11/18/17 @ 3:22 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Still few locals around! lucky if they go any further south of eau Claire. these 8 never leave my back yard.

11/18/17 @ 11:15 AM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

Birdin and grizzwald just shot the last birds in the state

thanks guys

11/18/17 @ 10:58 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Well ya all can call me a big fat liar! Lol! One bird shot of my limit today. Lets just say I missed some geese. River has opened back up. Good amount of birds to keep a guy busy. Have to hitter up again tomorrow! 

11/18/17 @ 10:29 AM
birdin 24/7
birdin 24/7
User since 12/8/13

Great morning hunt with an added bonus...not quite an Internet hero but I'm well on my way I hope...haha

11/18/17 @ 9:18 AM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

Birdin 24/7

Im pretty sure you could get limits all winter long even jan and feb if you put in the effort .  There are birds here year round.

In fact im pretty sure if there were 6 birds in the whole state there would be at least 1 internet hero that would hunt them all down at post a pic of his / her limit. And holor for extended season.

lol

11/17/17 @ 7:47 PM
birdin 24/7
birdin 24/7
User since 12/8/13

Some of these posts are just hilarious. .. lots of birds around the manitowoc area with easy limits available daily if you put in the time and scouting...hope everyone has a great hunt this weekend. .the deer hunters tend to really drive the birds to certain spots every year..

Displaying 76 to 90 of 307 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE