SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2017 Waterfowl Reports

1/1/17 @ 6:31 PM
INITIAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

2017 is here! Post your reports, conditions etc, here. Let us know what's going on!

Displaying 61 to 75 of 307 posts
11/23/17 @ 10:43 AM
birdin 24/7
birdin 24/7
User since 12/8/13

Went out for a quick morning hunt...happy thanksgiving everyone...

11/22/17 @ 12:18 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05

Thanks guys. Never was sure how the swan fit into the migration. For years around here in Green Lake Co the northern mallards always seemed to show up in December after season closed, but i'm sure its all dependent on weather.

11/21/17 @ 9:45 PM
OnTheDeck15
User since 10/9/17

Brad your second guess was spot on. I could hear swans in the sky as I walked to my car after work tonight. If you can get out tomorrow it should be good.

11/21/17 @ 8:19 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

some 20 plus local swans still hang around in nw wisconsin. where the swans are the mallards and geese follow round here.

11/21/17 @ 3:49 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05

Haven't been hunting but heard a flock of swan flying over in the dark after deer hunting 11-19. Don't know for sure but aren't they usually the last to leave. I live in Green lake County and really haven't seen much for ducks lately. Heard some woodies in a pond when I took my Grandson bow hunting two weekends ago but that's it.

11/21/17 @ 1:12 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Well another duck season in the books for this guy. Ended the morning one bird shy of both limits. Passed on half dozen hens this a.m.  Less mallards around than last sat, but still lots of geese. Don't worry you southern boys, they should be heading that way soon.

2017 Waterfowl Reports photo by grizwald
11/21/17 @ 11:36 AM
SnowSlayer
User since 10/5/14
Shot both ringnecks and redhead over the weekend.  The mallards and other puddle ducks were pretty stale.(plenty around)  But the divers were plentiful and dumb as usual.  Not even worth arguing with people on this site. They know more than others who are actually out there witnessing what is around yet. I wish more guys realized “that there all gone” I would have less people to deal with out in the marshes and lakes.  One question though. Doesn’t anyone deer hunt anymore? I used to love opening weekend of gun deer season for duckhunting because  there was alot less hunters than other weekends. Not anymore. It was pretty crowded. But once again just a little bit of scouting and getting away from the typical areas paid off.
11/21/17 @ 8:49 AM
breal
breal
User since 10/12/10

Ummm, I was really going troll but now that idiot was thrown on the table the decision really got tough. Seems like most of his posts, he's just salty that other guys are on birds. Never adds nothing good to a conversation and never responds to any legit questions he is asked. And like mentioned he proclaims to be the biggest internet hero. The only one that knows all the details of the waterfowl migration through our state yearly. And for everyone else, they are wrong. This is "reports" and for years been "reports and pictures". Believe what you want, maybe all is not true? But don't get mad when guys are killing birds and posting pictures and your sitting at home. Just because you don't see birds flying past your window doesn't indicate the migration is over and all those other guys must be BSing. There is a pile of birds around, just very educated.

11/20/17 @ 11:50 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Does anyone on here hunt the lower peshtigo river. I have some questions about it. I have most of next week off and was thinking about heading that way for a day or 2. I always think about it when I'm spring walleye fishing. I'm mainly looking at the area from the mouth up to the first boat ramp. Pm me if anyone wants to share some info or possible hook up for a hunt not looking for anyone's spots i got some in mind but want to stay legal. I dont like asking for info like this but wouldn't mind a change thanks.

11/20/17 @ 10:28 PM
Brad
User since 6/19/01

Rusty duck and Deck15 - 

What part of the state please?  Illinois border?  Central along the Mississippi?

11/20/17 @ 10:13 PM
OnTheDeck15
User since 10/9/17

I can't tell if free guide is a really good troll or just an idiot. Sorry I can't bite my tongue on this one. Scouted a few lakes after work. Looks like a little increase in buffies but minimul number of new bigger diving ducks. All of the biggee birfs were rafted right in the middle. Most likely stale birds.

11/20/17 @ 10:08 PM
RustyDuck1
RustyDuck1
User since 11/16/15

From late last week

11/20/17 @ 9:06 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Freeguide is that all you do is sit at the computer and watch the DU site. Does that dictate when you hunt instead of scouting and going out hunting to see the migration first hand. So wouldnt that make you the biggest internet hero? Telling everyone what part of the US the birds are in. Report did a guick hunt today set up for the last 45mins had 4 drop into a small water hole got 2 of them.

2017 Waterfowl Reports photo by Tr carper
11/20/17 @ 8:40 PM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13

The majority of ringnecks are on the coast of Florida now.  The lesson is never totally believe everything you read online. Its fun playing games and posting silly stuff on here.  But im out for the season.  I will let the true internet duck comander heros get back to business with there real reports now.  Good luck to all for rest of season everyone !!

see ya next sept 1

11/20/17 @ 7:53 PM
Brad
User since 6/19/01

Onthedeck15 -

Generally, what part of the state are in in that you are still seeing Ringnecks?  Those typically move through pretty early.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 307 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE