SEARCH
MORE
Recipies & Cooking

Pickled Eggs

10/17/14 @ 4:54 PM
INITIAL POST
Bazinga
User since 8/22/10
Does anyone have a really good pickled egg recipe? We have 12 laying hens that are producing way more than we can eat. We made some with a recipe off the internet and they suck! Looking for a good tried and true recipe.
Displaying 16 to 30 of 110 posts
9/22/20 @ 9:01 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20

One of your recipes. Thanks. If you can let them sit for 6 months oh boy! 

7/29/20 @ 10:15 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

I do red beet eggs. It's a traditional Pennsylvania Dutch recipe.

7/29/20 @ 1:18 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I had lots of jalapenos and a few banana peppers from the garden so I pickled them last night.  I use the same recipe as BT's pickled eggs and it works well.  I'll be all set for several months now for pickled peppers.

7/29/20 @ 11:39 AM
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
User since 5/14/20

Vlassic banana pepper juice works real well. 

7/27/20 @ 10:31 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I love Bugle Trout's recipe for pickled eggs! I was doing some reading through here and never realized how long BT waits before eating them. Usually after a week the anticipation is too great and I start eating them!

A few modifications that have worked for me is adding some jalapenos for a little heat and, believe it or not, liquid smoke! A former coworker of mine actually pickles his eggs then put them in the smoker for a while. Since I don't have a smoker I figured the next best thing would be liquid smoke.

Has anyone ever used their leftover pickle juice to pickle some eggs? Before I throw out my homemade pickle's juice I always make a batch in it. It doesn't taste anything like BT's recipe but I think they're still really good.

6/10/20 @ 9:42 AM
crosstheeyes
User since 6/10/20

Hey everyone-

Been a LL lurker for many years, finally made an account today. Made all recipies in this thread and all of them turned out great. I've tinkered with adding a few things, but still excellent! Thanks all for sharing.

3/28/20 @ 1:04 PM
Pontoonguy
User since 2/11/19

Tried some pickled eggs from a grocery deli that were horseradish flavor really a nice change they were on the sweet side but with a horseradish bite, anybody have a recipe for sweet horseradish pickled eggs 

1/21/20 @ 12:47 PM
P
User since 6/19/01

Turned out good as hell, the whole dozen went fast !!

Thanks for the recipe BT

1/3/20 @ 11:56 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I've had that happen. They'll still be fine. The yolk might be a little softer, but will taste just fine. 

1/2/20 @ 12:11 PM
P
User since 6/19/01

I am trying BT recipe for the first time, they are about 2 weeks now...

Is it normal for them to crack a little or did i do something wrong ? Just curious as this is my first time ever making them.

-thanks 

8/11/19 @ 10:33 PM
homewrecker
User since 8/28/03

Did 2 dozen duck eggs today.

3/14/19 @ 10:28 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I don't recall the exact date my brother in law made a batch of BT's eggs, but I know this last one was roughly within a few days of a solid year, give or take. It was still really darn good!

3/9/19 @ 5:54 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Mmmm. Sea salt, pickled onion and chili powder.

Chili-P, yo!

2/12/19 @ 4:30 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Oh yeah, smoked eggs. I smoke peeled hard boiled eggs and make deviled eggs out of them. You can over-smoke them so check them for a brown tint after about a half hour. Add some Siracha sauce to the yolk mixture for a little Smokey zing.

2/12/19 @ 10:43 AM
returnfishreturnsfish
User since 1/14/16

I smoke hard boiled eggs.  They are fantastic!  They are tough to keep lit though.  I'm going to try pickling them.

Displaying 16 to 30 of 110 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE