SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

NFL Topics

8/9/06 @ 6:00 PM
rpole
rpole
User since 6/18/01
that don't involve the Packers? well, no vikings, beers, lions or colts talk either since there are threads for those teams also. as far as Leinart holding out, or any other rookie for that matter, I totally disagree. what a bunch of bunk, these guys have never even stepped foot on a professional field and they are suddenly in position to dictate what they are worth? It'd be one thing if he was offered a 500,000 contract, that obviously isn't the case. get in there, shut up, SHOW SOMETHING, and then talk about money AFTER you've earned it. oh, and I'm mildly amused by seeing TO riding the exercise bike instead of practicing! haha
Displaying 16 to 30 of 7,732 posts
3/27/24 @ 2:34 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
lol.   Most of us are in the same boat.    Interesting though, we‘ll have a lot to “ discuss “ in the upcoming season.   
3/27/24 @ 2:26 PM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
Everyone can Google the new NFL kickoff rules.  Perhaps only a select few will understand them!

I may be wrong but I believe I read that the kicking team needs to declare if they are doing an onside kick.  The teams will then lineup the old way.  So, no more “surprise” onside kicks.

An unintentional flubbed kick will be treated like a kick out of bounds.  The ball gets placed on the receiving team‘s 40 yard line.  Again, unless I am wrong about that.  I don’t plan to investigate it further.  I look forward to being as confused as the commentators and referees.
3/27/24 @ 2:22 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
Dead ball and the opposing team would get the ball at their 40 yard line.

A team can still onside kick in the 4th quarter, but it must be announced prior to the attempt so teams can line up appropriately.
3/27/24 @ 2:01 PM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
It is as clear as mud Carp -- I havent seen all the scenarios 

I also think that eliminates the onside kicks?????
3/27/24 @ 12:40 PM
Carpio
Carpio
NEW KICKOFF RULES:      What happens if the kicker flubs the kickoff at the 35 yd line and only travels 20 yards or so and stops?  Or doesn’t reach as far as the defensive line.     A penalty?      
3/27/24 @ 8:46 AM
Carpio
Carpio
Looking more to me like soccer 
3/27/24 @ 8:29 AM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
Player safety?  Playing games on a Wednesday, Christmas 2025.  Playing a game in Brazil.  It is all about the money!!!
3/27/24 @ 8:10 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Good post Top!
3/26/24 @ 10:31 PM
blackwater
User since 5/7/13
goodell has to go, what happened to good American NFL football.
3/26/24 @ 1:02 PM
Carpio
Carpio
Clearer!  
3/26/24 @ 11:47 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Here is the new look NFL kickoff formation for the 2024 Season
3/25/24 @ 4:27 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
RG3 is irrelevant. 
3/25/24 @ 3:29 PM
Pro User1
User since 12/11/22
Kona..I care about how well the Packers do this season.  So, I could care less about the Packers if I become a Chiefs fan.  I don’t care at all about what RG3 says.  Therefore, I could NOT care less about his opinion.

Sorry, you struck a nerve today, lol.
3/25/24 @ 3:14 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
I agree with Chaw. Really could care less what RG3 or Deion have to say. 

On a separate topic I see the NFL did approve ending the "hip-drop tackle". Up until 3-4 months ago that term did not even exist. I have seen several examples of the proposed issue/tackle and most seem like just regular football plays to me. I get all the reg's on dealing with concussions and keeping guys from leading with their heads, hitting a defenseless player etc.  Most of these hip-drop tackles are made from behind when guys are trailing a WR, RB etc. How do they expect NFL defenses to comply??  Just looks like another tough "subjective call" to put on the officials. I am all for player safety but there is no way to regulate all the potential injuries from the game (imo). Heck that would just lead us to flag football.

Looks like they will have a decision on the new proposed kick-off rules later this week. Sounds like there is some push-back on these new rules. Sure is different and once again another rule to favor the offense. 
3/25/24 @ 3:09 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
RG3 should not be on air. The number of racial comments, and they still keep him going, without discipline. The only thing he can bring to the talk is skin color. And that is what this country is trying to get rid of. Should only be on what he brings to the table. If he was a PACKER fan, I might think differently. (just a joke)
Displaying 16 to 30 of 7,732 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE