SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

NFL Topics

8/9/06 @ 6:00 PM
rpole
rpole
User since 6/18/01
that don't involve the Packers? well, no vikings, beers, lions or colts talk either since there are threads for those teams also. as far as Leinart holding out, or any other rookie for that matter, I totally disagree. what a bunch of bunk, these guys have never even stepped foot on a professional field and they are suddenly in position to dictate what they are worth? It'd be one thing if he was offered a 500,000 contract, that obviously isn't the case. get in there, shut up, SHOW SOMETHING, and then talk about money AFTER you've earned it. oh, and I'm mildly amused by seeing TO riding the exercise bike instead of practicing! haha
Displaying 76 to 90 of 7,732 posts
3/11/24 @ 3:24 PM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Wow and good for Cousins, that guy has made his share plus some in the NFL over the years

$50 million signing bonus and $90 million guaranteed over the next two seasons with an additional $10 million guaranteed in 2026 for a whopping $100 million total in guarantees, per Pelissero
3/11/24 @ 3:00 PM
3/6/24 @ 2:54 PM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
3/2/24 @ 8:56 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Winning a Superbowl has it perks:

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson on Friday shortened the prison sentence of former Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid for a drunken driving crash that seriously injured a 5-year-old girl. Parson’s commutation converted the remainder of Reid’s three-year prison sentence to house arrest, subject to several conditions. Reid had been sentenced in November 2022 after pleading guilty to driving while intoxicated causing serious bodily injury. He is the son of Chiefs Coach Andy Reid.A Parson spokesman said the governor considered several factors when making this decision.
“Reid had completed his alcohol abuse treatment program and has served more prison time than most individuals convicted of similar offenses,” Parson spokesman Johnathan Shiflett said.Reid’s house arrest will continue until Oct. 31, 2025, with requirements for weekly meetings with a parole officer and peer support sponsor and attendance at behavioral counseling. He also will be required to work at least 30 hours a week and complete 10 hours a month of community service, among other things.

https://www.kake.com/story/50522001/the-missouri-governor-shortens-the-dwi-prison-sentence-of-former-chiefs-assistant-coach-britt-reid

3/1/24 @ 4:56 PM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Pretty funny story regarding a packers trade 

Trade being done in Door County​​​
2/29/24 @ 7:08 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
The NFL is testing a system that measures first-down officiating decisions electronically, The technology would be used in place of first-down chains to decide whether a player reached the line to gain. The league will now gauge the interest of teams and owners on whether to move forward with implementing the technology during games.The electronic system could be ready for use next season, but NFL executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent said the 2025 season is a more realistic date for extensive use of the system.

The technology the league is testing was developed by Hawk-Eye, the computer vision system used in tennis to assist with video replays. It would help get officials a more accurate read of the position of the ball and players when reviewing the line to gain.

This was going to happen at some point. Just think of how many times we see first downs made/missed by inches.. Just so many manual steps are involved with the process today that can lead to human error. Assume they would maybe test it in preseason first.  
2/22/24 @ 7:24 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
My personal hope is they Trade Fields, and take the chance on Williams. They would also get a few more “Picks” this Draft. I still think Fields is the best QB when hit comes to the run. He’s got some unbelievable ability running.
This is just what I want, because I want the NFC North to be the toughest division in the NFC. 
Steelers and Atlanta are possible spots for Fields. He better get Steelers before Wilson slips in there. 
2/22/24 @ 7:16 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Seriously??
It seems to still be your obsession that’s for sure   
2/21/24 @ 8:32 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
BMR…There’s no sure things in the draft. I don’t care what QB or position player you’re talking about. Until these draft picks play at the professional level, there’s no telling how good they will be. The Bears could reset the clock with a rookie deal, but then they’re starting from scratch again or they could trade the 1st pick and get a hall like they got last year. I really don’t care what they do because there’s advantages in both scenarios 
2/21/24 @ 8:07 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Z this will be a huge, a huge eye on this situation. Because of the past experiences. I wish you guys the best. I do not think that fields is going to be the savior, but he may be better than what’s out there! I just want man’s opinion.
2/21/24 @ 8:04 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
It’s the #1 thing coming out of Chicago as far as football goes. There’s a lot of football news around the league if you don’t just focus on one thing. 
As a Bears fan I think they’re going to do whatever they think is best for the organization. They have a lot to work with and it’s going to be interesting to see. Until then, there’s no sense in wasting time on this because there’s nothing to say 
2/21/24 @ 7:04 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Seriously??
Fields stated on a podcast with the St. Brown brothers that he’s tired of seeing all the talking heads making predictions about something they know nothing about.
I can’t blame him in the least because I’m getting tired of it too.
2/16/24 @ 7:08 PM
Snake1
Snake1
Also heard Fields to Steelers too. Chicago may want the QB #1 pick. 
People are going nuts over the kid. Does he have what it takes to start day one? 
I always say run the kid, let him learn OJT! 
Don’t know if Bears will keep Fields or not. I would go for the #1 guy right now. 
2/16/24 @ 6:59 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Heard on a different show that Russel Wilson maybe to the Steelers?

No doubt the Steelers need a QB and Wilson might be a good fit. Thought Wilson played pretty well last year but it never appeared he was "Payton's guy". Of course that contract was another issue.  Have seen a couple reports that Tomlin has always liked Justin Fields..Might be something to watch if the Bears decide to draft a QB this year.  Falcons are a young team with some great pieces on offense and that is another team tied to Fields and/or Wilson.  Another wild card is what will happen with the Vikes/Cousins.   

I am hoping a couple of these teams decide to take a QB in the 1st rd this year. Better chance to push some players that are high on Gute's board down to pick #25 . 
2/16/24 @ 4:53 PM
Snake1
Snake1
I just watched a UTube video called the Paul Farington show. Titled “Loves insane Workout!”
I was about half way through video, and then realized these 2 guys are Viking fans from Minn. 
One funny part was they were reading letters from fans and a Green Bay fan asked If they get hate mail when they talk about the Packers? 
The one guy said we don’t have many Viking fans. Mostly Green Bay! Lol
Packer fans took over another thread!!!! Lol
Nice to find out Jordan Love is training with Drew Breez, and Dominic Cruz, a Legend of the UFC. I found this out from a couple Viking fans doing a UTube channel. 

Heard on a different show that Russel Wilson maybe to the Steelers? 
Displaying 76 to 90 of 7,732 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE