SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Cougar sighting

2/20/18 @ 10:57 PM
INITIAL POST
Drawsbaby
User since 5/7/03

Cougar sighting on home surveillance camera near Milwaukee. I wonder if the DNR is going to say it was a pet that escaped. 

Displaying 46 to 60 of 64 posts
2/5/19 @ 10:16 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

That dude is a beast.  I'm not sure many people in history could truthfully say they killed a cougar with their bare hands.

2/5/19 @ 9:54 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Story just updated.... HOLY CRAP !!

While defending himself, he told investigators that he killed the lion by suffocating it.

The account was confirmed by investigators after examining the lion and upon further investigation.

Updated Article...

2/5/19 @ 9:49 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

Maybe it is the cynic in me.. I suspect he shot it, and they are not reporting that so as not to encourage others to carry.. I have carrying for years when fly fishing in remote areas, I know others do as well. I have a specific Stainless Steal CC gun just for that, I use a shoulder holster, so generally it is in open sight, which the CWO's appreciate..

2/5/19 @ 9:41 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

If it turns out he killed it with his bare hands, he will never let his friends hear the end of it.  I sure wouldn't.  Anytime they tried sounding tough about about anything I'd be all like "remember that time I killed a mountain lion with my bare hands?"  

2/5/19 @ 9:31 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

I too am curious how he killed it.. I carry when I am fly fishing, the article does not expound on the method used.. If he used his bare hands (strangle?) he had to have some serious adrenaline pumping for that, an 80lb Cougar is a bag of claws and teeth and one hell of a strong jaw.. Going to keep my eyes open for a follow-up story, carrying a gun was my first though as well... they say they collected some of his belongings, near the dead cat...

2/5/19 @ 9:20 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06

Wow that's something Dave. Just some food for thought on this. First of all one should be extremely alert  while doing anything outdoors in a area known for cougars being present. Also i'm wondering that if a person has a valid conceal and carry gun permit,what's the possibility of that person having a handgun in his or her possession for protection just in cases like this? Just a thought.

2/5/19 @ 9:04 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

Jogger was attacked, fought off, killed Mountain Lion, yesterday during a run...

Horsetooth Res Lion Attack

10/6/18 @ 12:53 PM
Herky
User since 6/12/03

Cougars been here a long time for those wondering.  35 yrs ago I was fox hunting near our family farm in Grant co. WI.  I was slowly driving down our road and saw a large cougar crossing the neighbors ridge in an alfalfa field.  I jumped out with my rifle to get a looksy in the scope.  That thing saw me and and crouched down and kinda slithered quickly through the alfalfa and over the ridge.  Just missed getting him scoped he only had to go 50 feet or so to get out of sight and he knew it. 

That encounter made the back of my hair stand straight up like never before.  I went home and dad took one glance at me and asked me what was wrong.  I told him I seen something on the neighbors ridge but there wasnt supposed to be any of them around.  He asked what it was and  I told him.  Sure made me pay more attention for years out hunting and fishing around there.

I did call the DNR and reported it.  They told me there are no cougars in Wisconsin lol.

10/5/18 @ 9:20 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

I was with you PP, no worries!

10/5/18 @ 7:12 PM
ayeFeesh
User since 5/17/11
Heard second hand reports of a cougar sighting in the Lac Du Flambeau area within the last two weeks....
10/5/18 @ 3:01 PM
phishin phool
phishin phool
PRO MEMBER User since 4/5/08

Dude, I was trying for a joking thing as well...just could not think of the "proper" imo thingy..

btw, I think I will start now...on the drunk phool deal...

Dave I did not mean to forget about your pugs...those pics made my cheeks and jaws hurt from the laughing...

10/5/18 @ 12:13 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

No pick-up.. it is a Pug Pooping Potpourri

10/5/18 @ 12:04 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Don't you get PO'd about those people's prowling pack of pugs pooping on your property or do they pick up ?

10/5/18 @ 11:30 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

I keep telling my neighbor that there is a leash law in our County.. nothing worse than a pack of Pug’s off leash...

10/5/18 @ 11:19 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)

I think it is due to feral Pug’s fornicating in the Woods..

Displaying 46 to 60 of 64 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE