SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

2017 Gun Deer Season

11/20/17 @ 6:05 AM
INITIAL POST
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

Let's hear how everyone's hunt went. We had 4 hunters, we got 5 deer. I was the only one who did not shoot one. I would have been happy to kill one but I was fine with  not gutting one. Burnett county 

Displaying 61 to 75 of 77 posts
11/21/17 @ 6:27 AM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12

Heres one for ya fellas. I know a guy who hasn't shot a whitetail. He has had it hunting public. says he will pay 2 grand for someone that has a great spot and him and his buddy can shoot 2 bucks and a doe. If interested Pm me I put you in touch. 

11/20/17 @ 10:01 PM
beachcomber II
User since 12/7/13

sawyer co. got to my spot to set up and find a stand hung 30 yards from where i put my stand . after we spent a half day last year opening up logging trail to get in oh well public land. maybe next year he wont come back. found pretty good looking spot most sign i could find. didnt see a deer til 5 min. before climbing down to come home today. heard about 12 shots sat. 4 sun. none mon. morning. alot of same reports talking to others deer moving at nite nothing during day. oh well theyll be bigger next year.now switch to my herd at home.   

11/20/17 @ 4:29 PM
Thump55
User since 7/19/04

Green Lake county there Skunky. It gets old.

I would never, ever crowd someone that was there before I was. Don't matter if I'd been hunting the same spot for 20 years...if he gets there first, it's his. That's the way it's supposed to work.

11/20/17 @ 4:14 PM
dc cady
User since 3/10/07

Only had sightings Saturday afternoon on my land in door county. Saw 3 bucks, a five, a seven and an eight pointer. I took the 2.5 yr old eight. My son in law saw nothing  but will be back this weekend along with my son. I hope they score. Good luck and congrats to all!

11/20/17 @ 3:59 PM
Z7nRageKilla
User since 10/11/11

congrats to you and your son GreatOutdoors! Something he will remember the rest of his life! 

-hunted winnebago county public both days. Not much shooting going on all day. only saw 2 does all weekend. 

11/20/17 @ 2:33 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Congratulations G.O. !  I will remember my kids first bucks forever.... the most memorable hunts I've ever been involved in.

11/20/17 @ 1:49 PM
Thump55
User since 7/19/04

Same 'ol same 'ol out on the public land...I try to do it right (and legal)...using my climber...staying in tree all day...get there early...up in tree at 4:42AM...see a guy heading my way at 5:25...shine my light to let him know...he keeps walking closer...and closer...and closer...and closer...sets up 65 yards from me...another guy walking around in the marsh (bedding area) off the woods I am in...by 10:30 am no point in staying there any longer...spot is trashed...same thing every year...

11/20/17 @ 9:14 AM
GreatOutdoors2001
User since 7/5/01

We had a great opener.  Sat my dad's blind over a cattail marsh Saturday with my 10 year old son on his first deer hunt.  Deer movement wasn't the best.  Seen 3 does and 5 bucks total for the day from stand. In the morning, a couplte bucks were chasing a couple of does around, but none got close enough for the kid to shoot.  Dad moved to a different stand for the afternoon, at which time buck #3 was located and bedded approx 250 yards away.  Around 1:30 or so I spotted buck #4 heading towards us, but he bedded down at 150 yards.  As it got close to 4PM, I told my son we'd try to grunt in the bucks soon if they didn't get up on their own.  Out of nowhere, this buck just crossed in front of us at about 50 yards.  I think it snuck in behind a large cedar tree where I can't see.  Had him get set as it got behind some brush.  Buck started coming towards us and then straightened out again broadside at about 40 yards. Whispered to my son to see if he was on him and then I mouth grunted to stop.  Shot came a second later, buck jumped and started bulldozing right away.  Ran 30 or 40 yards and down.  Perfect shot and he was pumped.  Great year for us. 

2017 Gun Deer Season photo by GreatOutdoors2001
11/20/17 @ 8:29 AM
larryallen
PRO MEMBER User since 12/4/02

Vilas county heard about 20 shots before noon on opening day. That is up slightly from previous 5 years. Did not see a deer but there was buck sign. Drove the Snipe Lake game trail and there were a lot of hunters around.  Went home on Sunday morning.  Not sure if I will hunt over the holiday.  If I do it will probably be in Waukesha county.

11/20/17 @ 8:15 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

My dad got two big does last evening.  That's it for my group.  I saw a bunch and could have shot a bunch but nothing big enough for me.  I did see one of our big bucks and could have shot him but he was 60 yards over the fence line.  He ended up getting on our land but was behind some thick cover and I ran out of light.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 77 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE