SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

2017 Gun Deer Season

11/20/17 @ 6:05 AM
INITIAL POST
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

Let's hear how everyone's hunt went. We had 4 hunters, we got 5 deer. I was the only one who did not shoot one. I would have been happy to kill one but I was fine with  not gutting one. Burnett county 

Displaying 31 to 45 of 77 posts
11/25/17 @ 7:23 PM
JonahK420
User since 11/25/17
9Thank you and actually now that I think of it. I did probaby shoot him at around 420 on November 21st. I also moved my ladder stand Friday evening to a spot I wanted my stand for the past 10 years lol. Paid off and it was a perfect shot!  Now bring on the ice. Need some slab gills flopping on the ice. Maybe I'll get my 12 inch gill this year too lol. 
11/25/17 @ 4:45 PM
Alum 16.5
User since 3/24/10

Congrats 420 nice one !!!!

11/25/17 @ 3:47 PM
JonahK420
User since 11/25/17

A few more. He came out right were I thought he would 

11/25/17 @ 3:40 PM
JonahK420
User since 11/25/17
First decent buck of my life! 8 pointer 17in spread. My 2nd buck only too. Shot a small 6 years ago but I let those go and grow alway now. Shot in Portage County. Town of Sharon
11/25/17 @ 9:30 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

My son only had 2 days to hunt this year due to school/sports. He put his .243 to work last night filling both of his doe tags! I sat with him and filmed. Pretty cool experience for a dad!

11/24/17 @ 11:00 PM
blackbrd
User since 1/9/07

Stangl, now thats some enlightenment a ton of midwest hunters could take to heart. Would definitely make things better for everyone. Thats the basic reason why landowners dont want to share anymore!

11/24/17 @ 2:51 PM
tapone
tapone
User since 11/16/04

Bagged these 2 on Wednesday.... Brothers. Brother in law was 40 yds away and they came out together. We bagged them within 20 yards of each other. I hit another on opening morning, but it ran across our field to a waiting neighbor kid. Glad to have had another chance. Didn't see that many deer, mostly the same group of doe and fawns each day. 

11/23/17 @ 8:10 PM
MightyHunter
User since 3/25/06

Well group finally connected today, brother shot this one this morning at 9 chasing a doe and a fawn. 8 point 14 wide. It was the 9th deer he seen this morning. I was at a different property and passed on a small buck. Right after I got the text from my brother asking to come help I got down and checked the camera next to the stand I was in. 11:19 yesterday this guy came by chasing 2 does.....stupid work. He's a 6 1/2 year old 9 pointer. Always tomorrow

2017 Gun Deer Season photo by MightyHunter
11/23/17 @ 12:29 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

RiverChaser, I was really unloading that banana clip on my Price co. target buck. Here he is in all his glory. Didn't get him neither. The size of that rack darn near had me petrified , couldn't hit a darn thing staring at all those horns.

11/23/17 @ 10:02 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I fish in Oneida County.  Not sure of the ice conditions yet.  I shot an email to our neighbor up there an hour ago.  The lake is one of the first to freeze in the area every year so I'm assuming that I should have walkable ice.  If not, it's only waste deep where I fish early season.  It wouldn't be the first time that I'd be the last person of the year to swim in the lake.

11/23/17 @ 9:52 AM
wale
User since 2/12/13

Where do u fish and how much ice? I’m over around park Falls. I’m just wondering on ice conditions 

11/23/17 @ 9:21 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I shot my buck of a lifetime an hour and 15 minutes after arriving at my strand opening morning.  He was following three does and I heard him grunt twice before I spotted him.  I maybe spent two hours in the woods after that.  That's by far the least amount of time that I've hunted since I can remember.  I spent most of my time "facilitating" others.  You know, providing valuable advice, keeping the beer cold, finding the badger game, finding a bar that had the Packers game (NW side of state primarily covered the Queens game), reducing noise in the woods by sleeping in the truck, etc.

Good luck to those still hunting.  I'm going ice fishing tomorrow!

11/23/17 @ 8:29 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Hookem, I had a hunch it was you. 

We are many miles east of you along the south fork

11/22/17 @ 9:59 PM
Lastcastmaybeknot
User since 4/20/16

Locked up land and everyone being worried about "their" deer.   Counts are up and kills are down.   Weird.   As much as I dislike the DNR I wish they could really break down deer numbers and they would see that the majority are not accessible to a weapon. Then what needs to happen?

11/22/17 @ 9:46 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

Aw RiverChaser, that was just me having some fun with ya.  Didn't think you'd call me a looser. Anyway. I was in Price co. and all I saw was a bear 830 opening day. My son and I did not see a deer and we went home Sunday afternoon. We were going to hunt a mile down the walking trail till an ATV came by . Then we just decided to call it quits. It sure ruins a hunt when an ATV drives by ya on a walking trail  . Then walking out there were two more. I got a doe with my bow in Washington co. this year and am looking into hunting upper Mich. or just staying down here. The last two deer I shot were down here in Washington co. public land. Twenty yrs ago I never would have dreamed of not being at the cabin on opening day. This year I am not sure I would have went if not my son said he was excited about going to the cabin to hunt. It just is not worth the 486 mi. round trip anymore. At least I saw a bear 5 ft from my stand. 

Displaying 31 to 45 of 77 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE