LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Wisconsin NRB & DNR, Not Political, TRUST ME!!!!!!

9/10/21 @ 9:07 AM
Displaying 40 to 49 of 211 posts
9/19/23 @ 3:44 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11
Link to the Town of West Marshland representatives and officials. Duke testified to the NRB that he represented the Township as "Water Commissioner" or something to that effect. However he's not listed in any capacity on this web-site.  Anyway. Let the Town of West Marshland know if you're sick of them wasting your tax dollars.

https://www.burnettcountywi.gov/503/Town-of-West-Marshland
9/15/23 @ 9:31 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11
The issue is done. The state of Wisconsin has invested a lot of time and money, frankly to much of both, into the lunatic pseudo science of one man.  He brought property in a marsh that has been a nearly 20 decade drought, now that mother nature has resumed to near normal he's not happy. I will not engage any direct comments with his posts.
It's time to talk money and who's going to pay for all these experts and time invested. If the town of West Marshland what's to continue to support this insanity let them foot the bill. I'll look into contact info for the Township representatives so anyone interested can contact them. Will follow up.
9/15/23 @ 5:00 PM
zoomie
User since 8/17/23
Sorry... I grew up in the area and have lived in our current home for almost 30 years.  Many residents with issues go back to the homestead years.
9/15/23 @ 7:22 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Zoomie/Duke, how long have you lived there?  I asked you earlier and you must not have seen the question?

https://www.apg-wi.com/spooner_advocate/news/regional/dnr-shares-hydrological-evaluation-of-water-levels-near-crex-meadows-wildlife-area/article_c704944a-4e62-11ee-9a5b-a7371e09e4ec.html

9/14/23 @ 4:00 PM
zoomie
User since 8/17/23
Like I stated earlier, read the reports.  Everybody knows something until they read the facts. I'd be happy to meet with anyone in order to lay documents from the USGS, WDNR, NWS, and the independent expert for you to decide. I added another snip...studies were performed in 2019 & 2020. Explain how the water table in coarse sand drops in the study area while receiving rain. In the second snip...explain how the USGS test well in Webster, Wi (which is in the same aquifer) shows basically no change in 2019 and actually rises while the water table drops in all test wells in the study area. Be sure to note the scale of the graphs.

Yep. Buyer Beware. 
Wisconsin NRB & DNR,   Not Political, TRUST ME!!!!!! photo by zoomie
9/13/23 @ 2:34 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11
Anyone who wants to hear more about this can watch here and skip to 54:30 - 1:38:00. It's  a link to the NRB meeting where you can see this specific issue addressed at length:
https://www.youtube.com/live/YenaE-Bbz4Q?si=p0s4Z0MFZhSNsGID

Professional hydrologists from the state and federal level have analyzed Duke's theories and have totally debunked them. An independent hydrologist was hired to do another analysis and also debunked his ideas. The experts are too professional to call the dude bat-s**t crazy, but it appears that's the case. Just sad at this point. Waste of taxpayer money on all this bull-shart. I say make Duke and the Town of West Marshland pay it back. Biggest embarrassment to the Grantsburg area since Alquist's illegal requirement that creationism be taught in the public school.

9/13/23 @ 12:15 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Duke, how long have you LIVED there? Buyer beware!
9/12/23 @ 11:05 AM
zoomie
User since 8/17/23
Gillespie...would you like a copy of the 2016 Crex Water Quality Assessment that was conducted by the WDNR's Water Program? The study was conducted over 2-3 years and was very thorough. Would you also like to see the letter written by the author of that report that specifically states that our drinking water quality is severely impacted due to the WDNR artificially elevating the water?  Here's a snip of just one paragraph from the WDNR Team that conducted the study.  You are right...Buyer Beware.  Look at the facts.  Don't buy what the residents say, but also don't buy what the WDNR says...please be willing to look at the information available before taking a position.

Residents favor restoring and maintaining the Crex which is what the WDNR Master Plan states as a wetland objective.  The WDNR has already identified that artificially elevating the water levels in flowages(which goes beyond restoring and maintaining) causes the groundwater flooding and water quality issues that residents are dealing with.  The problem is not the depth of water in the flowages...it is the elevation of the water. The WDNR should consider dredging which would allow for the water depth they wish...without causing the water table to be raised which causes groundwater flooding and quality issues.

I will be making an appearance during the September NRB Meeting, tune in.

Duke
9/8/23 @ 7:26 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
I call BS!  Buyer beware....always.
9/8/23 @ 2:17 PM
zoomie
User since 8/17/23
Fin Bender...have you read the 2016 Crex Water Quality Assessment that was conducted by the WDNR's Water Program? www.glgp-plan.com

I am a fisherman...if you were concerned about fish you'd read the report.  The water management of Crex lead to the elimination of the trout population in Hay and Whiskey Creek downstream from Crex. Sorry to be the person to break it to you.  When you are ready for a tour of Crex or ready to sit down face to face to help with a solution that everyone can live with, let me know.  No worries on your insults, I'll forgive you!
Displaying 40 to 49 of 211 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE