HOME
LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Wisconsin NRB & DNR, Not Political, TRUST ME!!!!!!

Share this page:
9/10/21 @ 8:07 AM
Displaying 21 to 30 of 145 posts
10/4/22 @ 10:37 AM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11

Just sit back and imagine the deer slaughter that would occur under a West - Naas controlled NRB. Let that sink-in a little bit.

Let your memory remind you about how West recently concocted and proposed a system where hunters would get paid cash money $ to kill deer.

Let your memory remind you about how Naas totally ignored the input of sportsmen and hunters while she was a higher-up CDAC member. She's also on record saying hunter's input on the deer herd is inconsequential. She believes in giving out liberal amounts of Northwoods doe tags even when faced with dwindling deer populations.  

So.....blah, blah, blah......complain, complain, complain.... The highest court in the state has confirmed that current law is being followed RE: the Prehn situation. Accept it. Wisconsin hunters are being supported and still have a voice under current NRB management.

10/3/22 @ 6:22 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

MY VIEW | PHIL HANDS

10/3/22 @ 2:36 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Geez prj, chill out. I was agreeing with your originally posted sentiments and further stating that DNR is not Lilly white with their involvement in these political shenanigans.  If it's OK with you, I'll stand by that interpretation. 

10/3/22 @ 1:30 PM
robertwhite
User since 3/18/08

I find it maddening that elected public servants (i.e. State Senators) can flat out ignore their constituents by not doing their job.  They should have met months ago to resolve this and decide one way or the other.   

So what happens if Evers is re-elected?  This behavior by Prehn and the Senate continues into perpetuity???

10/3/22 @ 11:45 AM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11

Kind of scary to know that if you're serving the State of Wisconsin in a voluntary capacity you're subject to having your cell phone seized and having your personal communications scrutinized by over zealous political authorities who then release them to the general public. If someone wants to criticize partisanship this should be #1 front and center.  The fact that the supreme court has already ruled on the legality of the matter proves this point. Talk about ethics? Look no further.

10/3/22 @ 7:54 AM
prj
User since 6/19/01

While I agree that the DNR move to skip representation/staff at ONE meeting last fall was partisan retaliation, your position of equivalence is more than a bit strained.  

It feels similar to blaming a homeowner for shooting a burglar in a home invasion.

10/1/22 @ 6:22 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

DNR refusal to provide representation at NRB meetings in response (at least partly) to Prehn issue was immature to say the least and brought into play the same sort of partisanship we find so objectionable with the NRB.

9/30/22 @ 12:49 PM
prj
User since 6/19/01

Not certain what you think the DNR role is in this anti-democratic debacle.  I'd focus the blame squarely where it belongs: Prehn and the Senate leadership for not holding hearings on some 150 of the duly elected Governor's appointments, including this NRB seat.

9/30/22 @ 10:45 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

I find this revelation disgusting but at the same time, not at all shocking. My, how far the NRB and DNR have fallen as they wrestle in partisan muck.

9/30/22 @ 10:37 AM
prj
User since 6/19/01

Ethically corrupt Prehn and his handlers, both in government and outside paid lobbyists, shed more light on his decision to stay over a year past the end of his term, and against the will of the WI electorate.  Surprise surprise!  It was politically motivated!

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2022/09/29/wisconsin-dnr-board-member-asks-frederick-prehn-step-down-after-texts-revealed/10459266002/

Displaying 21 to 30 of 145 posts
Copyright © 2001-2023 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE