MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin NRB & DNR, Not Political, TRUST ME!!!!!!

9/10/21 @ 9:07 AM
ORIGINAL POST
oldhunter
USER SINCE 2/28/13
DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 114 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

6/30/22 @ 10:25 PM
LittleLuck
USER SINCE 2/16/17

Trouter,

If you're a hunter the functionality of the board will be much better with the current  members in place. This board has done a lot to try to save the deer herd in parts of the state.  The current DNR and some CDACs would bee fine having no or few deer in the state. They really don't care about the deer hunter or a reasonable deer herd. They absolutely cannot justify the large amounts of antlerless tags they constantly push for. Good thing the current NRB is standing up to the failed deer management of the DNR and some clueless CDACs. And you are worried about the current NRB that is doing good things for free to make up for the DNR that is getting paid to not do their job. Sounds like a bargain.

6/30/22 @ 5:59 PM
trouter
trouter
USER SINCE 7/3/01

The legal decision handed down will have profound negative impacts on the functionality of the board and will impact how other seats are appointed and filled in government.

I am still thinking about how it will work out and how it will undermine our democracy.

I have no idea how I will respond to the bad news.

6/30/22 @ 5:18 PM
DJP1
USER SINCE 3/20/11

The NRB might not be perfect, but I believe they have the best interest of the hunters in their decisions. Having Prehn be able to stay on is a win for hunters. You let Ever's appointees get the majority of that board, and you will see some real pain. Personally I don't think they'd give damn if there wasn't a hunting season. Like most liberals, they go to a different drum beat!

6/30/22 @ 9:27 AM
prj
USER SINCE 6/19/01

Yea, its a sad ruling that further tarnishes our fine state's once sterling reputation for clean and regular governance.  Even a child would understand that this isn't a reasonable situation.  Well, a proper trained child, I imagine a few posters on here don't get that either.

One can imagine that the GOP Senate won't hold confirmation hearings on ANY Evers appointments if he wins another term.  They have no incentive, and their gerrymandered/self selected constituents have no shame in supporting such a tactic.

Dysfunctional seems to be the best way to describe the current situation.  Decades have passed without the exploitation of this loophole, but once found, it won't go away without legislation.  Think the Legislature will take that up?  I don't either.

6/29/22 @ 4:16 PM
ere
USER SINCE 2/22/07

State supreme court rules Prehn can stay on NRB.  Our system is totally screwed up.

6/26/22 @ 3:55 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
USER SINCE 9/16/11

Well you should be happy Trouter, in Florence county the DNR didn't respect the CDAC's recommendations. DNR decided to up the tags there and have another herd slaughter. The NRB said nope, and put the tag numbers right back to what the CDAC wanted. See, it works both ways.

Preston Cole and his honchos and their desire to wipe out the deer herd with heavy handed bullying of the CDAC's is the only problem with the process. The NRB is just adding some common sense into it.

6/25/22 @ 3:49 PM
LittleLuck
USER SINCE 2/16/17

Trouter,

The NRB is doing their job. In case you don't know protecting our deer populations falls under one of their jobs. Obviously the CDACs in Bayfield County and others are clueless and failing miserably not doing their jobs. I guess you think it is ok for the Bayfield County CDAC to wipe out the deer herd there. Thank goodness for the NRB for stepping up and doing what's right for the hunters and one of our natural resouces.

6/25/22 @ 9:42 AM
trouter
trouter
USER SINCE 7/3/01

The NRB should sign off and approve the decisions made by the CDAC's.   Let the CDAC's do their job.

6/22/22 @ 12:51 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
USER SINCE 9/16/11

Any of you guys watching the Natural Resources Board meeting that's taking place today? Bayfield county has been discussed in this forum before. Namely as the prime example of CDAC's that do not listen to hunters, come-up with their own wild ideas, and have taken the perspective that killing all the deer is somehow considered a good thing. That was also discussed this morning at the NRB meeting. This year the Bayfield CDAC voted to issue 2,500 doe tags on public land. MORE THAN LAST YEAR! No one could come up with any conceivable or justifiable reason for that many tags, not even the DNR when questioned. The result? The NRB reduced the number of tags from 2,500 to 500. Of note, the 3 most recent appointee's to the board voted to keep it at 2,500 !  Including the one from inner city Milwaukee who's totally out of touch with hunting, those who participate in it, and as far as I can tell any outdoor related activity period. Anyway, thanks NRB for injecting some sanity into this madness.  

Also, Marcy West's deer killing bounty plan has yet to be addressed or discussed. I didn't see it on the agenda, so it may not be. However there's sill the "members matters" section where perhaps she'll discuss her wacko plan. Tune-in on youtube to watch the spectacle this afternoon.

5/1/22 @ 1:26 PM
LittleLuck
USER SINCE 2/16/17

Have studied and followed CWD since way back. Given quite a bit of input to NRB and DNR. A lot of stuff that has been done with CWD has had no real effect.  Lot of feel good  stuff with no results other than spending a lot of money and crashing deer populations in a many areas unnecessarily.   Sky is falling philosophy. CWD will ruin deer hunting in this state.  Not . Killing too many healthy deer and high predator populations that is ruining deer hunting.  As noted previously 

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 114 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.