SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2021 Waterfowl Reports

1/6/21 @ 7:59 AM
INITIAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another new year! Lets hope it's better than 2020! Post your reports, hunting trips for, hopefully, a successful Season. Stay Safe, Shoot Straight!   

Displaying 76 to 90 of 107 posts
10/17/21 @ 9:57 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

No shots fired today but the sunrise was incredible. Saw a lot of divers today that must have arrived overnight.

10/16/21 @ 8:13 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Managed a couple local mallards today, missed a third and a bwt. Zero migration as of today. Looks like the second half of the season will be the major push. Well I hope?. Greatful for living in gods country where I spent the day with not many others anywhere I went.

10/15/21 @ 7:34 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

wow pretty quiet, looks like decent migration per Birdcast last night thru Saturday, we will see in the AM.... But Im sure it'll be the same old  1 hen woody and high flying geese and mallards the first hour then sky watching, o well still gatta go!

goodhuntin all!  take um!!!

10/9/21 @ 10:07 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Pair of drake wood ducks concluded the morning hunt. 

Bella busy with a few water assignments. 

10/7/21 @ 7:19 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08

The first 2 weeks of the 2021 WI regular duck season have been interesting to say the least.  Despite less than ideal conditions (warm temps, wind, etc), we've managed to harvest a good variety of species so far....woodies, mallards, pintail, gw teal, bw teal, and several divers, including a couple of greater scaup.  Earlier in the week I saw some redheads and a flock of cans pass by.  Pic of 5 bw teal I got today.  I missed 2 shots on bird #6.

For the 2nd year in a row, the restricted scaup limit of 1 bird/day for the first 15 days really makes ID'ing duck species critical.  A few days ago had a flock of 15-17 divers pass by the spread.  At first, your mind says ringnecks due to the early part of the season.  When the flock turned around to make its approach, I saw the white speculum flashes with the wingbeats and told my buddy..."bluebills, one bird a piece....don't drop more than one."  We concentrated on a couple of separated, outside birds and each got one bird out of that flock.  It would have been super easy to have dropped 4-6 ducks otherwise with how tight the overall group was.  

10/7/21 @ 2:24 PM
panks
User since 10/22/08

Central Wi.   Lots of wood ducks and not much for any other duck species.

10/7/21 @ 8:07 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Got out last night with a buddy from work SE WI Sheboygan Co. quickly scouted several spots any most were dry and or duck less, ended up at one lil pond and about 6pm ish I looked to my right and 2 woodys bombed in we ended up getting the one and that was it for the night, was a nice night to sit and was fun to be out for my first southern zone hunt this season. 

goodhuntin all!

10/6/21 @ 1:05 PM
D/M
User since 8/23/17

Southeastern Wisconsin. Beautiful day out in the marsh 10 to 15 mile an hour winds and a bright sunny day! Those are the days I tend to do best. But no luck today. Very quiet again in the marsh today. Does not seem to be very many birds around at the moment. That's it for me now until the second opener no more days off from work for me. Be safe good luck to all.

10/5/21 @ 2:43 PM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

Eau Claire County, managed one Wood Duck, saw several others, one flock of Ringbills observed, very slow, very few birds.

10/5/21 @ 12:27 PM
D/M
User since 8/23/17

Southeastern Wisconsin. Heard very few shots fired in the marsh this morning no shots fired by me first time out for me this duck season did get buzzed by A Flock of ringnecks but that was it. Good to be out though dog had a lot of fun even though she had no retrieves I did manage to lose another push pole seems like every 3 or 4 years I drop it in the water one of these years I'll smarten up and put a float on it. Do it again tomorrow see what happens. Good luck to all!

10/5/21 @ 10:56 AM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

All wood ducks here in the Dells.   No action after 9am.   Duck hunting is so much fun.

I look forward to dropping a few mallards.   I did see a pair of mallard hens this morning.

Anyone have a favorite recipe for duck ??

10/3/21 @ 1:03 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

I hear ya Fowler!

10/3/21 @ 11:29 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Thanks madforlabs,  Bella has had a good run. Primarily a waterfowl dog for life. Pretty easy life on the joints and such. She decides in the morning if shes up for it. 2 mornings in a row so far. She feels it by afternoon.

Banged a few more woodies this morning. Bella made a nice long retrieve. I'm always in position to help if she needs it. It's mostly been all about her the last 2 years  : ) 

10/3/21 @ 7:52 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Fowler, that is so awesome you are able to share a hunt with your 14 yr old pup. My old guy is 14 but retired due to hips failing. He still has the heart and I miss having him with me.

Treasure these hunts!!

10/2/21 @ 10:22 PM
rufflefeather
PRO MEMBER User since 10/23/20

well we took the old path down stump jumper creek, ended up in the usual backwaters pond, but then the rain started pouring like a go devil and we had to start the old mud buddy and head up to PPF duck mill. By then the beaver tail were splashing so much we had to use the mud hog to scare them away, Then we scared all the ducks away so we started the copperhead and drove up the river and we even passed a good old boy driving a mud skipper.  good day,  no birds to show,, but we got a lesson on mud motors

Displaying 76 to 90 of 107 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE