SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2021 Waterfowl Reports

1/6/21 @ 7:59 AM
INITIAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another new year! Lets hope it's better than 2020! Post your reports, hunting trips for, hopefully, a successful Season. Stay Safe, Shoot Straight!   

Displaying 61 to 75 of 107 posts
10/23/21 @ 12:25 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Still lacking migration birds in the pool 7 river valley. Fortunate to bag a few that decoyed very nicely. 4 mallards and beautiful mature drake woodduck between 2 of us.

Beautiful time of year high sun and changing colors.

10/22/21 @ 2:03 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Hunted last evening  as well, anticipating a decent hunt it was yet another expected SE WI duck hunt with 0 birds seen other than the flock of geese that came over while picking up. Wish the WPA's and public marshes held more birds around here, o well heading north tonight hope to see more diver action in AM.

Goodhuntin all!

10/22/21 @ 12:40 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Very nice hunt SM !  Very fine tablefare you have pictured there.

Was your well-scripted hunt a tad bit downstream from me?

10/22/21 @ 12:14 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08

Hunted yesterday morning and that was the largest number of ducks I had seen to date during a hunt in 2021.  Saw hundreds of birds with several flocks numbering 50-60 ducks.

Hunted this morning also.  A bit of fog and little wind.  Tougher conditions for sure. Was rewarded though with this pair of canvasbacks.  4 passes over the decoy spread.  It took some discipline not to fire at them going Mach 1, but in range. Finally after some soft diver calls they committed and banked in...boom, boom at 20 yards with the flaps down.

Fowler....I did see some gadwalls today.  Had a flock of 10 that I worked for 2 passes with no luck.

10/22/21 @ 10:18 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Nice crisp morning on the duck pond. Harvesting a couple fine eating birds was a bonus...

Slow bird movement. Still haven't seen a large migration presence yet. Word on the marsh is Gadwall are here in good numbers.  

10/20/21 @ 3:38 PM
seahag
User since 3/28/03

Green Bay divers are not really showing up just yet. Weather has been to warm. Been very slow

10/18/21 @ 12:27 PM
D/M
User since 8/23/17

Southeastern Wisconsin. Definitely more birds around this morning Saw 2 nice flocks of high-flying mallards. Lots of ringnecks on the marsh also. I ended up with one Mallard and two green Wing teal. In my younger days I would have had some ringnecks to but those buggers are too fast now no time to even put my coffee down and they're gone.

10/18/21 @ 8:53 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Any Greenbay reports????  would guess there was some decent numbers out there with the small push of birds we had late in the week.

10/18/21 @ 7:57 AM
canman
User since 11/20/01

Anyone doing any good field hunting out  in the Horicon area 

10/18/21 @ 5:01 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Mostly woody’s where I hunt. Saturday was insane with the amount of birds dropping in by us. Got a 3 man limit in about 20min. Sunday was a completely different story. Same spot and not many birds at all, we ended up with 2 total. Couple days of cooler weather caused them to migrate?? Still a great morning!

10/17/21 @ 7:52 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08

Hunted both days this weekend.  A ton of variety where I was; mallards, blue-winged teal, cans, redheads, bluebills, ringnecks, and buffleheads.  Yesterday buffs, bluebills, cans, redheads were taken.

Pic of today's limit; lesser scaup, ringneck, buffs, mallard, and a woody.  Can't say I ever had a wood duck land in the diver spread before, except for today.

Pics of a drake can I photographed today with the big camera at a 1/4 mile away.  Such a majestic bird.

10/17/21 @ 6:09 PM
Howling Dog
User since 6/19/20

interesting, thanks for the info

10/17/21 @ 5:42 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Howling Dog:

That is chaga. It grows on birch trees. Dry it and make te or soak in alcohol for tincture. Medicinal properties.

10/17/21 @ 5:10 PM
Howling Dog
User since 6/19/20

Griz,

what is that in your 3rd pic from Sat?

10/17/21 @ 11:48 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Pool 7 backwaters. Trio of Woodies Saturday morning  and a pair of Wigeon for Sunday morning.

Slow weekend for bird numbers. Noticeable migration birds Sunday. Nice chill in the air this morning at 34 degrees. First decent frost. Bella had her jacket on this morning.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 107 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE