SEARCH
MORE
Turkey Hunting

2020 Reports

4/2/20 @ 8:30 PM
INITIAL POST
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

Three Toms strutting in my field today..

Displaying 31 to 45 of 87 posts
4/27/20 @ 5:59 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

Mystery, awesome. You guys wanted the kid to get one so bad. When he did you guys were more excited than he was. Love it!!!l

4/27/20 @ 3:03 PM
mystery fish-n-sea
mystery fish-n-sea
User since 4/10/10

I guess a little bit outdated for a report, but here goes anyway!  The youth hunt was a success for Ben as he bagged a very respectable gobbler on Sunday morning's hunt.  He had an opportunity to seal the deal much more quickly on Saturday morning's hunt but nerves got the better of him and he ended up cleanly missing two separate toms in three shots.  He hunted hard the rest of Saturday before heading to the blind again Sunday.  You can watch the whole scenario unfold here:

4/26/20 @ 11:05 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Took my brother in law out Saturday. Started off in my favorite spot. No goobles on the roost so at 6:30 we start walking the trails doing some soft calling. When I noticed a coyote hunting us. Well he pops out in the open and the brother in law missed lol. Then we spotted 3 toms and a hen on some public. Well they beat us to where I wanted to go. Was able to call one in to 40 yards he wouldn't cross a tiny creek so I told him to kill it well another miss. Hit up some spot with no action. We decided to end our day back at our first spot. At 5:20 I finally got a gooble had to work him for about 20 minutes but he finally came in and my brother in law didn't miss this time lol. 23lbs 10 1/2 inch beard and 7/8 spurs. A good way to end a tough day of hunting we hunted straight through the day and put 8 miles on our feet for that bird.

4/26/20 @ 8:00 AM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

The land I have hunted the last 7 yrs during the 3rd and 5th period is nor available for me the 3rd period. The owners nephew has a permit  and will be hunting there. The owner did show me a 80 that I can hunt instead. I have been scouting it from the road a lot this past week. There is a wooded spot in the northeast corner and every morning a least one Tom was roosted there. The last 2 morning at least 2 Toms. To the east,north and west all there is for at least a half mile is open field. Every morning they have headed to the south after fly down as that's were the next woods is. Setting up my blind today on the path they take. Pretty pumped up about my chances as I can hunt all week and figure just need them to do the same routine. Back to the other spot for the 5th period and that spot is always good.

4/25/20 @ 10:15 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

Spent a couple days hunting public land near my house Wednesday and Thursday. Worked 6 or 8 birds, most were messed up by other hunters (reminded me why I don't hunt public very often), but I didn't get shot, so I consider that a win. Not complaining by any means, just frustrating to have a bird coming and have someone come running in and spook it.

Yesterday I woke up an hour earlier and made the 40 minute drive to my uncle's land and was rewarded with a nice bird at 6:40am. Called in 4 toms, 4 jakes and a hen that led all 8 to me. Shot the longbeard that was doing all the strutting...had two beards (10" and 11.25"), 1.25" spurs and weighed 22 lbs. My son was beyond excited when I got home. He loves turkeys...

4/25/20 @ 3:17 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Well  , I finally heard a gobble.  Far off , and only once . Would not answer  . Saw a (the ?) hen again . She was in and out all morning  . Did see a fat woodchuck  .

4/25/20 @ 7:08 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Good show so far.  14 deer, river otter, several pheasant, two hens and two Tom's.  Hens came half way across the field, but went back. Tom's with them. Heard 2 separate gun shots, so people had better luck than I. Nice and calm for a change.

4/24/20 @ 9:43 PM
the ace
the ace
User since 4/20/14

One shot...I haven't heard a gobble in 3 days. I'm seeing birds out of range and not responding to my calls and/or decoys. I don't know if it's the wind, rain, cold, corona?

Good luck!

4/24/20 @ 9:42 PM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

sw wisconsin past 3 days. saw 2 hens total. very little gobbling. ticks are TERRIBLE!

4/24/20 @ 9:08 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Finally saw a hen and a deer today . Biggest things I've seen except for squirrels . Have not heard a gobble yet  . Talked to a neighbor who thought there are just too many coyotes and other predators. 

4/23/20 @ 7:24 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

Guess Dane county was the spot this morning, very little gobbling. About 6:45 2 hens came in silent, checked out my jake decoy walked away stopped at about 30 yards, where another 6 hens came out of mash grass then a jake, shortly afterwards nice gobbler appeared.  I didn't didn't think twice dropped him on the spot, at about 30 yards. Sorry no pictures I'm old and old school. Beard was almost 11", spurs were 1 3/8 and very sharp. Guess a solid 25 pounder. Since my top two turkey guns were on lone, I used a 85 year old 12 ga. double barrel, only shells I could find that I thought I dare shoot in it were some # 4 steel duck loads from about 1985. So much for the fire power of the new fancy turkey guns. Wishing everyone the same success I had............

4/23/20 @ 6:18 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Tried a different location today  , no tent today .  After 3 hours of no birds , cold  , damp, and wind I gave up . Back to the house  , and 2 hours later there is a hen scurrying across my CRP  land  !!!!!  But it was the only bird I've seen so far .

4/23/20 @ 4:32 PM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Got it done this morning in Dane County. Had 3 toms gobbling on the roost. When they flew down, sounded like they were working away. A half hour later one cut loose just behind my blind. Startled me.  3 hens enter my decoy set, followed by two toms.  The toms went directly to the jake decoy and when they separated enough, I dumped this guy!

4/23/20 @ 10:18 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Awesome job everyone.. been a difficult year with the weather in terms of wind forsure. I'd take rain over wind any day for a turkey hunt. Congrats!

4/23/20 @ 9:58 AM
schneiks
User since 11/23/15

Icebelt and duxup,

thank you so much. It was definitely memorable that’s for sure. 

It was quiet this morning, no gobbles at all, not even in the distance. 

Just a lone hen responding to some light calling this morning. Sat out in a different blind this morning for a few hours with him just to see if we could get anything to respond/come in. 

Good luck to everyone in the season and seasons coming up. 

Displaying 31 to 45 of 87 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE