SEARCH
MORE
Turkey Hunting

2020 Reports

4/2/20 @ 8:30 PM
INITIAL POST
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

Three Toms strutting in my field today..

Displaying 16 to 30 of 87 posts
5/7/20 @ 9:37 AM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Took my daughter's boyfriend out last night and intercepted this nice tom heading back to the roost. His first tom, so he was pretty pumped. Bird shot in Iowa County.

5/7/20 @ 6:45 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Nice cold morning. Wrens singing a few feet from me.  Gobbles but not close.  With a bow, probably best to stay in the blind.  Not gobbling to me sadly.

Hen 80 yards away, still hearing gobbles 

5/5/20 @ 2:09 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

Well took me the whole seven days but got lucky this morning. Pretty sure saw and heard the same bird every day. He has a thick beard and that's why I think it was the same bird. About a 10 Arce woods on place I hunted and that where he gobbled from every morning except one and I heard him on the land next door that morning. Had a blind set up on the north and south side of the woods. If I sat on the north in the morning he went south and vice versa. Always came back to roost from the south. Saw him use the same fence line every day. Set up a blind in the dark on the fence line this morning. Was going to sit from dark to dark . Said if he uses the fence line today he won't tomorrow. 24.07# double beard. Was fun when you hear and see them every day. Didn't need alarm clock.

5/5/20 @ 9:45 AM
usmcgunner58
User since 12/26/08

This has been a tough year. Saw only three hens this morning moving quickly across a field, no gobbles no toms. Good luck to everyone else and I hope you guys are seeing/hearing way more than me. Shawano County. 

5/4/20 @ 8:27 PM
mystery fish-n-sea
mystery fish-n-sea
User since 4/10/10

I had an opportunity to tag along during Julie's and Tyler's (mother and son) second period hunt as a camera man and I also edited this for them for our YouTube channel.  We had many encounters and both were able to take a very nice tom.

5/4/20 @ 7:33 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

Gave it my last try for the season, gobbling early then nothing,  did have a nice doe at 10 yards, fun to watch her nibbling on twigs as she walked bye. Time to hit the lakes...........

5/4/20 @ 1:32 PM
Lunkerhunt85
User since 5/10/14

Shot this turkey in dane county on private land. Gobbled all morning until he got with his 4 hens. Saw my decoy and left his hens to beat up my Jake decoy. Triple bearded. 1.5 spurs. Best Tom I've ever killed. 

5/4/20 @ 9:09 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

Quiet morning so far, no gobbling heard. Had 3 hens feeding in the far end of the field for a while, they went into the woods. Later a Tom and 11 hens came out in that same area, fed their way behind a knoll in the field, one hen broke away from the group and worked the field edge to within 50 yards and ducked into the woods. No idea where that big flock went but a Tom worked it’s way across the far end of the field and showed no interest in my calls. Road noise spooked him into the woods. About ready to call it a morning and go chase some walleye on the river. 

5/4/20 @ 7:47 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Man, I'm having a tough go of it this year.. Friday morning slower action on the roost than expected with the brief break in the wind and high pressure. Had some "hens" clucking back to me all morning after flydown that I was able to pull in, to find out they were 4 jakes that didn't gobble but were clucking and yelping, still pretty cool. Last night I got to within 100 yards of a lone tom with the Scoot N Shoot.. he must have had it for fighting this season as he showed little interest and walked into the woods. Birds are pretty henned up yet making it difficult to pull any away with calling. Two more tags yet - Shawano County. 

5/3/20 @ 4:41 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Had some ok action the three days I had to hunt this season. Passed on a bearded hen today as a tom had just gobbled less than 50 yards away. She was 12 yards from the end of my barrel. Anyway it turns out the tom was on the wrong side of the fence. He was so close I heard him spit and drum several times. Pretty cool! Another season, more lessons learned.

Tim

5/2/20 @ 3:47 PM
joeywadu
User since 5/13/02

No gobbling on the roost this morning in pittsville area...sat for just over an hour and not a peep...we leave walk a 100 yards and bust out a nice Tom standing on a lane...then I get 50 yards from the car and 2 Tom's bust out gobbling from across the road..I put the decoy out and called and they worked right in by us to 60 yards..

My buddy says I'm shooting..I say to far...he waits...birds see something they don't like and shut right up and dissapeared...it was fun...almost. good luck to all

Wadu

5/2/20 @ 10:59 AM
usmcgunner58
User since 12/26/08

Not a single gobble all morning. Plenty of hens out and about, most were really vocal, clucking back at me. Hope everyone else did better. Shawano County. 

5/1/20 @ 6:06 PM
free2prowl
free2prowl
User since 3/4/19

Albeit an avid hunter, when it comes to turkey hunting I'm quite the rookie, but this year I've been pushing hard to change that. The hard work lands two beautiful toms right in our lap and after that things get sporty! If you enjoy the content please be sure to a hit that subscribe button, we greatly appreciate it.  Best of luck to everyone out there chasing beards!

4/30/20 @ 8:47 PM
joeywadu
User since 5/13/02

I got out yesterday morning in the rain..I've been hunting this spot now for the last five years and have never killed a bird there...I have at least 6 misses over those years...anyway I setup a single strutting tom and stuck my chair out to the side about 20 yards...as the woods awakened I heard a gobble from a tom a couple of hundred yards out...he gobbled about 6 times and when he hit the ground went silent...about 20 minutes went by and I could see birds working to me until about 20 yards then they saw the decoy and didn't like it (2 hens) and putted back the way they came...about 20 mintes I see 2 more birds about 35 yards away 2 jakes...and they see my decoy and just stand there and state at it...all the sudden about 10 yards in front of the decoy I see the tom and hes coming fast to the decoy...he popped out of the brush....I shot w crossbow and hit him low..he took off running and limping and flying for about 90 yards..i was able to run him down and get another one in him and that was the end...25lbs...7/8 inch spurs and 10 inch beard...its so much fun...

Wadu

4/29/20 @ 8:34 PM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Very little gobbling on the roost this morning with the poor weather conditions. Had a single tom gobble within a 150 yards and went silent after fly down. I continued to call softly every 15-20 minutes. He eventually made his way into the field but wouldn't come all the way into my set. Ended up shooting him at 47 paces. Second bird of the season shot in Dane County.

Displaying 16 to 30 of 87 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE