MORE
Ice Fishing

New products 2020/21

8/6/20 @ 9:38 AM
INITIAL POST
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Hardwater season is right around the corner and new products are coming out! Post below anything new for this season, or new for you! 

Displaying 46 to 60 of 81 posts
9/11/20 @ 10:57 AM
mcgeer
User since 12/4/18

It looks like they did introduce two new sizes of the insulated Outbreak, with the full zip doors. I myself am waiting for the ‘sale’ page to populate. 

Their buffalo plaid 60th anniversary pop up looks pretty cool tho!

9/10/20 @ 1:00 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Well I'm a little confused about what's so remarkable about Eskimo's release. Didn't they already have the outbreak with walk through door? So now it comes in 3 sizes, anything really new besides that? 

Ice suits look interesting, hard to really tell what the difference is between each without seeing them in person. 

9/9/20 @ 1:05 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Finally something that got me excited. New inline reels from Pflueger. Getting some high quality mixed into the inline ice reel market. 

Pflueger inline reels

9/7/20 @ 12:21 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I've been hearing some chatter that they have some good stuff in the works so we will see what they came up with. I'm in the market for a 1 man flip, I'd be surprised if they came out with something new after just releasing the wide 1 inferno...3 years ago now? Either way I'll keep an eye out before pulling the trigger on the Otter XT hideout. 

9/7/20 @ 10:01 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Junkie4ice, Eskimo’s release date is Sept 10th. Watch for it, you will be impressed. 

9/7/20 @ 8:29 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Eskimo should be formally releasing their new 2020 products very soon, they put out an IG post a few days ago. 

I'd keep an eye out for last years model of the Otter XTH lodge. I got mine for $250 two years ago and they should be heavily discounted with the new vortex line. Hard to beat Otter but Eskimo comes pretty close when it comes to hubs. 

9/6/20 @ 7:50 PM
missedagain
User since 6/1/14

mcgeer, SG is showing an Eskimo Outbreak 250 3 man which I will be purchasing. Cabelas CA is showing an Outbreak 650. Which is a size up from the original 450. 

9/5/20 @ 5:16 PM
mcgeer
User since 12/4/18

I’ve been saving up for a larger 4(ish) person pop-up shanty. It looks like the front runners are Eskimo and Clam- do we know if there are any new models or brands coming out with something worth checking out?

9/2/20 @ 11:08 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Hopefully they came up with a way to drop their price a bit. 8" auger pushing $800 is absurd when you get the same out of a drill/auger combo for $400. They are great units though that is for sure! 

9/2/20 @ 10:38 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Sweet, looks like Ion has juts released a 10" Ion G2 composite flight auger.  Last year I used the 8" G2, cuts super fast and was super light coming in at 17 LBS.  This old man can toss around a 17 LBS auger all day long!

8/24/20 @ 9:54 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Were they planning to release it prior to any of the other GPS/Sonar units being available? Otherwise i'm not sure how an overpriced tablet to integrate the different technologies already on the market would be considered a game changer. 

Clam 2020 New products

Drill battery cover is intriguing, if it works. Even if it doesn't give you more holes in a day, a more stable temperature has to increase long-term battery life. Their "new" reels are the same I think, just offered in right hand retrieve. 

Do gear boxes really offload the drill that much? They just don't seem like they are needed to me. 

8/24/20 @ 8:48 AM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

“Looks like Marcum made a second attempt at a sonar/GPS unit after their RT series failed miserably.”

The failures were not entirely of their own making so it’s a bit unfair to criticize the company for what happened. The platform was announced and then delayed for a couple of years because of FCC issues. If it would’ve been allowed to go on the market when it was first developed it would’ve been a game changer. 

8/21/20 @ 11:56 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

The batteries being released by Marcum are different.  They have a Mite version which is a 7 amp hour Lithium Ion battery, the Brute, King and Max are all Lithium life PO4, which I believe is a Lithium Phosphate battery that are more tolerable to cold weather than a straight up Lithium Ion battery.  The Lithium Phosphate batteries also have a longer life expectancy than a straight up Lithium Ion battery.  They are warrantying these batteries for 10 years or 2000 recharges.  In past dealings with Marcum, they will take care of the customer pretty much no questions asked.  Also noting that all of their batteries come with their reccomended charger, so you do not have to purchase a special charger for them.  Certainly sparks my interest.

8/21/20 @ 8:02 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Lowrance, Humminbird, and Garmin.

8/21/20 @ 7:33 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

What companies are you considering the "big 3"? 

Kudos to Marcum for keeping their batteries in the same price range as the smaller companies, kind of surprised about that. Sucks for Amped outdoors.

Displaying 46 to 60 of 81 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE