MORE
Ice Fishing

New products 2020/21

8/6/20 @ 9:38 AM
INITIAL POST
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Hardwater season is right around the corner and new products are coming out! Post below anything new for this season, or new for you! 

Displaying 16 to 30 of 81 posts
11/9/20 @ 11:14 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I saw Larry Smith used one out there last year once.  He did not have a float on it, but the law states any vehicle, so you would need one.  A guy posted on here a year or two ago a machine he made using a snowblower and he brought that in to get inspected cause the law does state any vehicle.  I want to say it was Madgill who made that interesting machine?  Anyhow, Dane County changed the rules slightly this year that you're no longer required to get them ispected and a permit, however the rules still apply for having the proper flotation on Lakes Mendota, Monona, and Wingra, so if you get stopped while out on the lake you better be able to prove you have proper flotation.  They do check while out there.

11/9/20 @ 9:03 AM
perch chaser
User since 2/6/03

Anyone use one on lakes that require floats??

:ie Madison

11/8/20 @ 10:35 PM
jigger
jigger
User since 6/18/01

They are still owned and made by Adam Ford. Has parts frame and most stuff made in the Green Bay area. Assembled in his basement. They use Jiffy as they work the best and have the power to run them the best. Jiffy just supplies the motors and drill augers. I have one and can't wait to use it this year. Will pull my portable and save me lots of walking.

The motor comes off the ice machine, so you can use it for drilling holes....Make better use of the Auger. Maybe next year they will have more brackets that fit more brands of ice drills. Right now they have about 20 left to sell for this year. Sold about 50 units so far in the last two years. Can watch videos of the unit on Facebook or Youtube under iceaugermachines.com 

10/27/20 @ 1:49 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme

If that's true then the guy that made them out of his garage must've sold out to a company.  Too bad! Not that I'd be interested in one, but I'd think you could sell way more of these if you could use any auger with them!

10/27/20 @ 12:52 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Maybe they used to, not anymore. Now they even have to be the newer Jiffys with the appropriate transmission to fit the bracket. 

They even sell Jiffy power heads direct, my guess is there is a partnership between the two companies.

10/27/20 @ 8:33 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme

One shot one kill, those ice auger machines will work with all three major manufactuers of augers (I think there's 3, if more, then even more).  The guy that manufactures them just has to reverse the tranny, a real simple procedure.  I asked him at one time if it would work with my Eskimo auger and he said yes and explained that to me.  So if you have a power auger at all, gas or electric and really want one, look into it. Personally I'll stick to my ATV though.

10/27/20 @ 7:03 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Kender's T-rips with a solid tungsten core making them double the weight as the K-rips.

1/2" - 1/32 oz

3/4" - 3/32 oz.

Kenders T-rip

10/27/20 @ 5:24 AM
mking
User since 12/26/18

I purchased a few of the new Eurotackle Z Viber Micro. 

I’m interested to see how it does jigging for panfish. 

My only complaint is that it was advertised as rattling, but it has a super faint sound - like just one tiny BB 

10/22/20 @ 3:33 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Jigger

I saw that on Facebook  . Looked great until I found out that it works off the Jiffy auger . Don't have , or want a Jiffy . My old one starts and works just fine.  Now if it came equipped with its own engine or motor I would be very interested. 

10/22/20 @ 12:08 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Those are super cool, not something that interests me but still awesome. Do they come with the auger head or do you have to supply that? Does the auger head come off so you can use it to drill a hole?

10/22/20 @ 10:42 AM
jigger
jigger
User since 6/18/01

Got my New Ice Auger Machine. Have the Jiffy Electric  E6 Lightning on mine, to drive it. Quiet and easy to use. No more walking for me. It also pulls a sled!  Has skis for winter use. Come on ice! Located in Loves Park, IL if you want to see one. willing to let you drive it. Check it out on Facebook. Also at Lakeside Bait and tackle in Delavan, Wi and Fish Tales in Fox Lake, WI Prices from 1300 and up depending on options

10/1/20 @ 3:57 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Personally I take a pro-staff review with a grain of salt as its a paid review.

Worth reading but certainly wouldn't sway a decision.

10/1/20 @ 1:50 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Kenders Outdoors has some new shrimp and waxie tungsten jigs along with some new colors.

Eurotackle has a smaller version of their T-flasher, z-viber micro with added tungsten for more weight and a new "live spoon"

10/1/20 @ 11:02 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Full disclaimer, I didn't really have any complaints about it until I broke a pole (user error) and made the upgrade to otter. You don't know what you're missing until you try it out. After switching, in retrospect, my biggest complaint was the lack of wind resistance and the see through needle holes along the seems. You shouldn't get that with an insulated hub and the outbreak material seemed to have fixed that as it was completely black when I walked through it at the St. Paul show. It isn't the biggest deal for your average midwest weather and doesn't affect fishing, but when I spend a night on the ice that little extra air flow makes a big difference without the heater running. Spent a night in a blizzard this past year, 40 mph gusts, -20 wind chill and 8" of snow, I would have froze my butt in the 949i. Otter also seems to be much easier to set up solo and it isn't a struggle getting the shack back into the bag. I want to say eskimo upped their bag size since I had mine though. 

Just my .02, again not trying to downplay eskimo but I've used or owned just about every brand of shacks in the last 5ish years and that's just my input based on my experiences. 

I don't think offended is the right word, more disappointed in the lack of honest reviews now-a-days. I have no affiliation with otter to be offended and I'm not in the market for a new hub. 

10/1/20 @ 10:32 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Junkie4ice,

Asking again, where did I state that the Eskimo was better than your Otter or any other shelter?  The 949 and the Otter Lodge Vortex Hub or almost identicle in size and pricing.  Comparing these two is not wrong when you look at all the specs. What did you dislike about the 949 to believe it is garbage?  

I did bring up the Outbreak as an option if they wanted to spent a few more dollars, which would give them a bigger house, not trip door and yes an upgraded fabric.  Every manufacturer has upgraded product lines.

Yes I am on Eskimo's Pro Staff, that is no secret.  Yes I promote that product because I believe that they offer a quality product at a fair prices and I believe in their product and customer service.  No different than somebody else talking about a different product line.  Nobody will take my word or your word exclusively, they are going take my thoughts and your thoughts and compare products for themselves.  In fact the original product requester said that they were going to go in a different direction.  Did you hear me rip them or that product?  Didn't think so.  I think what happened here is that I offended you because I didn't agree with you.   I am sorry that you were offended, but we each have differing opinions, we have to agree to disagree without getting upset.  Good day to you!

Displaying 16 to 30 of 81 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE