MORE
Ice Fishing

New products 2020/21

8/6/20 @ 9:38 AM
INITIAL POST
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Hardwater season is right around the corner and new products are coming out! Post below anything new for this season, or new for you! 

Displaying 31 to 45 of 81 posts
10/1/20 @ 9:27 AM
GillHooker
User since 2/19/13

junkie4ice - what don't you like about the fabric on the 949i? I have that and the Outbreak 450i and haven't had any issues or complaints. I haven't been in any Otter hubs so I don't have that to compare to.

10/1/20 @ 9:24 AM
mcgeer
User since 12/4/18

I do appreciate all the technical details shared in this thread. It taught me to look and compare to other brands.

Honestly, I like the way the Otter looks more.

That (plus some other differences, price point etc) is what turned the tables for me.   

Acme has two new lures out- I’m excited by the tungsten!

Acme Ice New Items

10/1/20 @ 7:37 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Transitive property of equality, if xth lodge = 949i and 949i < 450i then the xth lodge < 450i. If he doesn't feel like the XTH lodge and 949i were comparable, why would he have suggested it as an alternative? This isn't politics, just because you don't say something doesn't mean you don't imply it. 

Not here to argue about it, just think it needs to be known that Tim is guiding people one direction because he's affiliated with that company. I had the 949i, the insulation fabric is absolutely garbage which is why they upgraded the fabric of the outbreak series. Consumers agreed, so they expanded their outbreak series this year. So again, comparing the 949i to the XTH lodge is just wrong and I'd hate to see someone buy an inferior product simply because a "pro-staffer" told him to. On the other hand, the 450i and XTH lodge are very comparable in quality, you pay more for the convenience of a no-trip door in the 450i which many people would consider is worth the extra money. 

9/30/20 @ 3:51 PM
GillHooker
User since 2/19/13

I don't see where it could be construed that Tim said this Eskimo hub is better than that Otter hub or anything like that. Based on what mcgeer said he was looking for, he simply suggested that the Eskimo 949i or Outbreak XD series might be a fit. 

9/30/20 @ 11:13 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Junkie4Ice, Sorry that is how you see what I said.  I did not anywhere say that Eskimo Hub houses are better than any other brand.   I did make a size and price comparison between the Eskimo 949i and the Otter Lodge Vortex Hub, these two house are within 2 inches of each other in sizes, and if you google prices of retailers, you will see that the 949 is a bit cheaper.  I talked about the Eskimo fabric doors and set up features, how did I lie and say they are better than any other brand?

9/29/20 @ 11:55 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

It's one thing to promote a brand because your their "pro-staff" but it's another thing to falsely claim a brand is better than another for pro-staff purposes. Had you compared to vortex to the 450i, you have a somewhat legitimate discussion. But comparing the 949i to the Otter line of hubs is just wrong. 

Aqua-vu released some new HD cameras and an open water and ice house package. I didn't realize aqua-vu made a mini camera similar to the recon 5. 

Aqua-vu underwater cameras

9/29/20 @ 8:30 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Mcgeer, in that price range, you should look at the Eskimo 949i.  Same basic size, perhaps a couple inches larger.  The 949i has the Eskimo exclusive insulated quilted IQ fabric, has two large D-Style doors, is lightweight and easy to set up.  Retail pricing is a bit less that what you are looking at.  Store prices will be even cheaper.  The 949iG is essentially the same as the 949i difference being the 949iG has a grey interior vs black on the 949i.  

If you want to spend a couple more $$ there is the Outbreak XD series of houses that have the no trip open to the ice door.  Nothing for us or kids to trip over when walking into the house.   These have the Eskimo exclusive 3 layer Storm Shield abrasion resistant insulated fabric.

9/28/20 @ 3:59 PM
mcgeer
User since 12/4/18

Thanks Tim! I think I might be changing my mind towards the new Otter Vortex Lodge Hub... it’s listed as ‘in stock’ at my local Scheel’s -I did call and they said displays would be going up in the next few weeks

9/28/20 @ 9:30 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Mcgeer, doubtful that Eskimo will have them on sale till next year, as they don't want to undercut their retailers.  best bet, with Ice Show's in limbo this year, is to connect with your local retailer, I am sure that they will be having ice sales as if there were ice shows.  Where are you located, I can find out who has ordered this house in your area.  Below, I don't recall who it was, but someone said it looks like St. Paul Ice show is still a go.  Correct, unofficially they have not yet cancelled it.  However the Excel where the show is supposed to be held, has cancelled all their Paramedic's for the year.  They are required to have two Paramedics at each event.  My buddy runs this for them.  So I would venture to say we just haven't seen the cancellation yet.

9/22/20 @ 11:21 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

I was talking with the manager at the local scheels and his .02 was to buy whatever big ticket items you want early this year, he wasn't sure they were going to be able to get a second round of shacks and electronics this year because of a shortage. They weren't even able to get any Otter XT hideouts in-store, they had to special order it for me. 

Sounds like the St Paul ice show is still a go so far this year, I'm interested to see if/what there deals are. 

9/22/20 @ 11:08 AM
mcgeer
User since 12/4/18

Thanks Tim!! Any chance you know when they’re going on sale...? You seem to have some sweet insider knowledge   

9/12/20 @ 8:47 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

This is an actual Eskimo release video for the Escape series houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN6jEAEH5oo&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3YzIyKpmH7L54442dYycSYAPtXJdh2l4R5Bm6BJj74VpN6NvmvYpzsKKs 

9/12/20 @ 8:43 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Link to Eskimo Escape series house, you can see in the video how easy it is to set up

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0a8PFCzk-MH-kk4UhluSYO8OQ#Forest_Lake

9/12/20 @ 8:33 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Junkie4ice and Mcgeer,  Yes Eskimo already had the Outbreak 450, they now have the Outbreak 250, 450 and 650.  Yes 3 different sizes, but they also have outfitted them with their Stormshield fabric which is essentially a 3 layer material that is equivalent to a 900 Denier, where the previous model was a 600 Denier.  The new Escape Series houses have two side doors, not new, but a reintroduction for Eskimo.  They actually had the Escape series around 2007 or so which had side doors and a skylight.  The new Escape series houses have a true side door, but the sweet thing is you do not have to take anything apart to set it up or take it down.  I have a video I made, I'll see if I can post it here.  As far as the suits go, the differences are the amount of insulation in them from 60 Gramd to 100 grams.  Also the DWR finish on them are different too ranging from a 5K/5K to a 10K/10K, and a 15K/15K waterproof finish.  If you have specific questions message me.  However I am heading to Lake of the Woods for a week starting tomorrow, and I'll have sketchy cell service there.

9/11/20 @ 11:03 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Yeah that buffalo plaid is pretty cool, I like the sweatshirts with that design.  

They added the side doors to the flip overs too, new for eskimo not new for flip overs. 

Displaying 31 to 45 of 81 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE