MORE
Ice Fishing

Countdown to Go Time Part 2

11/9/22 @ 12:17 AM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

It's almost here. When are you hoping to get out and what part of the state? 

Couldn't find the original thread, so I started this one.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 93 posts
10/10/23 @ 3:30 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Getting close. Can feel it in the air! We Get out over Thanksgiving break almost every year in Vilas. Some guys out earlier on shallow ponds and backwaters etc..
10/10/23 @ 7:12 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
Same here, second weekend ​of gun hunting is always my goal and usually realistic somewhere in ​WI.
10/7/23 @ 3:09 PM
Direwolf66
PRO MEMBER User since 2/21/20
I'm hoping to fish the second weekend of deer hunting in Sawyer county! 
10/4/23 @ 8:04 PM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
lol, didn't get out last year, hope to get after it this year, picked up my brothers livescope, get that thing humming...... net
10/4/23 @ 2:01 PM
tzeilstra
User since 8/4/08
Nobody has gotten this going yet so I will! Hopefully less than 2 months until I'm on the ice, provided there is ice by Thanksgiving in the Forest/Langlade area. That's anything but a given anymore. 
12/7/22 @ 11:58 AM
svitreum
svitreum
PRO MEMBER User since 8/29/06

I started to pull out my ice gear and inventory it. I did order some new tip-up line from Amazon. The forecast showed me I don't need to be in a hurry. Last year I was able to drive my 4Runner on a local lake 4 times (12 inches of ice). I'm hoping to have more of those opportunities this year. I remember when I arrived in Wisconsin in '96 (Instructor for Machinist Mate "A" school at Great Lakes Naval Station as an MM1 /Petty Officer 1st class) how excited I was for Winter, and how mobile I was determined to be on foot. Caught a lot of fish too!! As I get older, I find excuses not to go, and really only look forward to early ice pannies, then to driving on and watching tip-ups from the warmth of the SUV. I'm old and lazy now. I kinda miss my younger spry self.

12/6/22 @ 10:28 PM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

40s near 50 next week.. looong time a comin!

12/6/22 @ 11:07 AM
tzeilstra
User since 8/4/08

The cold weather that was supposed to deliver ice on time for once in SE Wisconsin has gone by the wayside, and it now looks like we'll be above average until at least Christmas. 

Good thing I'm numb to this kind of thing after 10 straight years of it!

11/23/22 @ 8:19 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

Way to go pike,nice start to the season.

11/23/22 @ 12:16 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

About 4 inches of ice today. Some parts less though, but it’s kind of obvious by the cracks and darker shade… Fishing was slow, but Good to finally get out!

Countdown to Go Time Part 2 photo by n.pike
11/21/22 @ 5:41 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Tzeilstra- If you know of any shallow waters, I think you’ll have a good chance to ice fish. Just my two cents. I’m heading out Wednesday morning. Most lakes open. But with thousands to choose from, there are some options up north.

11/21/22 @ 10:13 AM
voldie
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/11

Went for a ride yesterday. Two on mirror lake in wisconsin dells. About 2 inches of ice. I walked out a little ways but think I'll wait a bit yet.

11/21/22 @ 9:38 AM
tzeilstra
User since 8/4/08

n. pike - you're breaking my heart! I'm heading north (Crandon area) for Thanksgiving and had my heart set on doing some fishing on Friday. Doesn't sound like many lakes locked up very well despite the cold temps. The water temps probably started out too warm due to the heat the week before, and the winds didn't help us either. 

11/20/22 @ 2:57 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

That’s pretty far south. But if it’s a shallow water, you never know. Up north here, most lakes are still open. But some of the small ones up here might be ready for the early-birds.. Haven’t drilled any holes yet. But some good signs. Got down almost to zero last night.

Here is a picture of Mud Creek today. And Maple Lake. Maple lake was open just two days ago. So I don’t think this is very thick. But it’s only gonna grow exponentially from here.

11/20/22 @ 1:10 PM
arthur1957
arthur1957
User since 6/24/01

Saw a Fakebook post today from Lake County, IL where a guy posted photo of a bass on ice. Claimed he weighs 168 & is on 2.75” of ice! I’ll wait. 

Displaying 61 to 75 of 93 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE