MORE
Ice Fishing

Countdown to Go Time Part 2

11/9/22 @ 12:17 AM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

It's almost here. When are you hoping to get out and what part of the state? 

Couldn't find the original thread, so I started this one.

Displaying 31 to 45 of 90 posts
11/27/23 @ 12:21 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
Local early ice spot will be ready by tomorrow morning, it was close this morning. I won't be able to get out until Saturday and things should be ​pretty solid by then! Fingers crossed no major snow in the forecast!
11/25/23 @ 6:07 PM
pflueger
User since 7/23/03
Ice couple tip ups out.
Countdown to Go Time Part 2 photo by pflueger
11/25/23 @ 3:58 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
More pics.

Countdown to Go Time Part 2 photo by n.pike
11/25/23 @ 3:57 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Drove around quite a bit today within Vilas county. Lots of thin ice out there on small lakes. Didn’t check the big lakes, but I’m sure they’re open water for the most part. Lost Lake was a frozen/open mix..Here are some pictures. Each one is a different body of water. Very difficult to not get excited after seeing ice start to form once again!
11/24/23 @ 5:56 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Our Bay iced up last night but main lake wide open in Oneida county.
Countdown to Go Time Part 2 photo by Snake1
Countdown to Go Time Part 2 photo by Snake1
11/24/23 @ 5:55 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Nice pics.
 Here’s Maple Lake in Three Lakes today. 
11/24/23 @ 3:42 PM
pflueger
User since 7/23/03
Out in the boat in Oneida County but ice is coming quick. 
11/24/23 @ 11:58 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
I think some will be out on Sunday on very small shallow lakes or waters… but by next weekend, it’ll be go time for “first icers”  on quite a few watets-, just not the  deep or big lakes. 
11/23/23 @ 4:27 PM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
Up by lady smith rusk county all week deer hunting, small lakes starting to skim but no where near fish able ice yet junkie, fyi
11/20/23 @ 12:24 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
When ya thinking people will be venturing out up there pike? Are you guys getting ice to last all day or is it melting by the afternoon? I was all set on giving it until the first weekend in December, but lakes are clearly ready to freeze and even getting down into the low 30's a lot of bays and ponds have been icing over overnight in central WI. Might need to take a ride up north on Sunday to scratch the itch.
11/17/23 @ 5:15 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Northern Wisconsin. It’s in the view! When you have a number of days that are below freezing with Lows around 12, it doesn’t take long on small lakes and shallow bays. Starting Wednesday. Cold. Cold. Cold.
11/15/23 @ 8:00 PM
pflueger
User since 7/23/03
Ice is coming now if forecast for next week holds. 
11/12/23 @ 2:57 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Saw a buried cable flag today. Thought it was a tip up for a split second. 
11/12/23 @ 12:12 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06
I'm off December 18th to January 5th. Hoping to get on the ice in that time frame. I'm in Burlington, but will travel a bit. Used to go up to Woodruff and fish Carroll early ice every year. I'm too old and tired to do all that solo anymore. 100 miles is my new limit I've imposed on myself. 

I have a newer fishing buddy at work that has the same time frame off. He's never been on the ice so hoping to drag him somewhere and get him hooked.
11/11/23 @ 2:53 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
I’m guessing December 1st up north. It can happen in a few days once a blast hits..We shall see. 
Displaying 31 to 45 of 90 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE