tunafingers
User since 1/9/08
Any body finding anything?

Displaying 46 to 60 of 535 posts
10/13/18 @ 3:54 PM
arlo
arlo
User since 9/29/02
  • I know some people might not believe this, but I found the mother load of Hen’s all under one big old dead oak tree on my land. Usually I only find one or two under this tree nut maybe because of all the rain it was a bonus crop. 
10/5/18 @ 1:48 PM
pike eyes
User since 12/28/10

We found this beautiful chocolate hen 10/4 Dodge county 

9/29/18 @ 8:13 PM
LotusNMo
User since 9/21/08
found a hen today. also saw one in a front yard driving.
9/23/18 @ 4:46 PM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

Buttons out in full force, east of Eau Claire

8/28/18 @ 1:47 PM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Surprisinly found the first buttons yesterday in Central Wisconsin. Crazy, but fornsomenreason we are always early .

8/27/18 @ 4:56 PM
Edge
User since 2/28/07

What are these

8/17/18 @ 2:38 PM
Red Rider
User since 6/26/01

One of my better road side oaks produced 2 big hens Wednesday. Great start to the fall harvest.

8/13/18 @ 4:40 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03
 About 10 lb sulphur shelf. Got three pounds of of processed. there was a lot more, but I only took part of it. It was leaking water on my hand as I carried it so I knew it was pretty fresh. TIP for  processing : On the top it looks like growth rings red orange red yellow.... whatever. About the third growth ring ,flip it over to see how thick it is at that point. what you want is about 3/8 to 1/4 inch thickness. Then cut it along that line either from the top or bottom. just freeze in a bag or vacuum pack.
8/12/18 @ 3:21 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

In response to Split shot post 10/19/16. PUFFBALLS. Preserving. Slice 3/8 thick slices.Fry in olive oil or butter just for a minute maybe each side. Place on cookie sheet and freeze. Put them in a bag and use as needed. I havent bought mushrooms from the store for years. It does take a while to process a lot of them like 12-20 lbs at a time but like anything else you have to put in your time. I saw a post where someone said they taste like rubber. to each his own. Depends on how fresh they are. anything thats heavy probably has a lot of water in it and is going to be yellow. Gotta pick the light fluffy feeling ones. I think they are just like the button mushrooms you buy from the store. Coming up towards the end of the month we will need more rain and cooler weather. I mostly harvest Vase puffballs and occasionally I will find a Big Earth. Cemeteries are a great place to look for them.Usually about half you pick will be bad, unless you have a daily route. they only take three days to pop up big enough to harvest. For the novice when you drive by a mowed or low cut grass look to see some thing like base balls or softballs once you get the eye you can spot them every where

8/12/18 @ 2:16 PM
jimmyg4514
jimmyg4514
User since 3/17/08

Found a couple chicken mushrooms so far.

10/25/17 @ 10:33 AM
mendota
PRO MEMBER User since 12/19/01

Several clumps of Shaggy Manes coming up in front of Creekside Elementary in Sun Prairie if anyone is interested.

9/19/17 @ 4:20 PM
undiscoveredsportsman
undiscoveredsportsman
User since 1/9/09

First Hen of the year for me.  Was the freshest and cleanest I have ever found.  Need rain bad. 

9/15/17 @ 6:43 PM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
PRO MEMBER User since 3/14/06

Walworth co.  Found some hens, picked 3 smaller ones, left 2 past prime for seed.  Saw some honeys too, but haven't tried them yet.  Picked a bears head tooth!  Any recommendations on cooking one of those

?

9/14/17 @ 12:37 PM
Efish3
Efish3
User since 2/19/10

Buttons and hen of the woods already out here in central WI

9/12/17 @ 9:40 PM
Foundry Rat
User since 1/21/10

I took the dog for a walk in the woods in SE WI but I only found a few oysters. No puffballs, parasols or anything else. The ground seemed too dry where I was.

Displaying 46 to 60 of 535 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE