MORE
General Discussion

The up north thread

8/26/16 @ 12:47 AM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Tidbits and News related to northern Wisconsin. 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 5,429 posts
6/12/24 @ 8:16 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
I had a Cleary building done and was not overly impressed.  I would go elsewhere if I had to do it again.  

Cigarette butts all over my yard.  Sandy footprints on my metal sides.  They were clearly walking on it while it was on the ground with sand on their boots.  Great for paint I hear.  Holes in the roof from when they missed wood with a screw.  They never filled them in, think I found 4 that would drip while it rained.  Drip edges were done incorrectly.  Some they even left short or they had a gap in them because the material was short and they didn't want to buy another piece.  The guy I worked with said it would all be taken care of when he did the walk through, but then a month later I got a letter saying he was let go from the company and that was the end of it.  

I will say whoever does their concrete did a great job, one of the best slabs I've had done.  Had a slab done by Rynders and that was one of the worst I've ever had.

6/11/24 @ 8:21 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Hey there! How are my northern brethren doing up there in a Canada hey? That is spoken with a McKenzie brother accent. Got up there 3 times this year. All great! Did not make it up to a Canada hey but about half way there. 
6/11/24 @ 5:15 PM
eyesman
clueless
User since 10/24/04
We have a Schley pole building. It was put up in 2014. Very happy with it. We choose Schley over Northland. But if you’re going to insulate it Northland may be a better option.  At that time we contacted Cleary also and they never returned are calls. Oneida county.
6/11/24 @ 4:45 PM
CCLUND
User since 5/29/11
I have a Northland building. Very happy with it. Chose it over a Cleary building.
6/11/24 @ 3:23 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09
We have a Northland buildings pole building. Built in 2017 and still looks as if built yesterday. They will travel to where the work is needed. Very satisfied 

https://www.northlandbuildings.com/​​​
6/11/24 @ 2:59 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
If my roadside stroll means anything looks like good rasperberry crop this summer. Not so good blueberries
6/11/24 @ 12:33 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
One of the neighbors in Iron county who can afford almost anything went with a Menards pole building. Menards I would guess will provide you with names of contractors. Worth checking into. Otherwise your local lumber dealer will provide names. 
6/11/24 @ 12:27 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20
Cleary buildings builds pole barns all over the state including vilas County
6/11/24 @ 8:14 AM
buckhound
buckhound
User since 4/18/06
Any recommendations for a builder that does post frame(pole building) garages in Vilas County?
6/10/24 @ 6:50 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16
Those are some nice gills npike.
6/10/24 @ 12:48 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
I've had really good luck with the grass seed called Athletic Mix that I buy at the local feed mill (Peshtigo). Not sure what the mix is but it's used on sports fields.
6/9/24 @ 6:51 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
There's yet to be an area in WI we haven't been able to have Kentucky bluegrass fill in nicely. There's so many options out there now, it's hard to say.
6/9/24 @ 4:56 PM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11
Any recommendations for a grass seed in the Northwoods?

It’s on hillside facing south towards lake.

Wife wants some grass.😳
6/8/24 @ 7:56 AM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Menards and Ace hardware both have Neem oil.
6/8/24 @ 7:13 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
Has anyone tried this for the leaf eaters? It would probably be a 70 mile round trip to Antigo to get the Neem oil.
The up north thread photo by 44/45
The up north thread photo by 44/45
Displaying 1 to 15 of 5,429 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE