Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

The Milwaukee Bucks

4/2/02 @ 9:17 PM
ORIGINAL POST
WIESOX
USER SINCE 10/21/01
The Milwaukee Bucks are currently the worst team in the NBA other than the Bulls!!!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 4,284 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

8/6/21 @ 11:15 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER SINCE 4/2/02

Not a fan of Allen, but the minute he puts on a Buck's uniform, I'm rooting for him. On the surface, a good pickup. I'm still stoked about the title and whatever happens the next few years is just gravy.

8/6/21 @ 5:23 PM
jaybeeturtle
USER SINCE 3/17/06

Allen started 32 games for Memphis last year and averaged 10 points a game, 38% 3 point shooting. I was wrong on my estimate Of the Bucks salary cap penalty.  The signing puts their penalty at 41 million this year.  Can't say the Bucks owners aren't doing their part.

8/6/21 @ 2:48 PM
rikj
rikj
USER SINCE 7/29/01

Bucks reportedly receiving Grayson Allen in a trade with Memphis. I hope not the guy is a turd with an attitude.

8/5/21 @ 1:09 PM
jaybeeturtle
USER SINCE 3/17/06

I understand how us guys who aren't paying the luxury tax ourselves,  wish the owners would put out more for the team. 

The problem isn't really this year. Bucks are already in the the 2nd year of luxury tax, because of Holidays million dollar bonus for winning the championship.  The problem is next year, if they  exceed the the salary cap the 3rd year, the luxury tax penalty kicks in. Maybe the Lakers can afford to pay 40 to 60 million in penalties every year, but not a small Market like Milwaukee.  So the brain trust may be trying to keep things manageable this year, and then exceeding next years cap with the extra penalty won't be prohibitively expensive 

8/5/21 @ 8:30 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER SINCE 5/21/03

I got the hat and a shirt.  My wife got 2 shirts.  I also bought a children's x-small shirt that had caricature faces of all the players on it.  I'm going to get that professionally framed.  It'll be a great piece to hang in the rec room.

8/4/21 @ 7:47 PM
ayeFeesh
USER SINCE 5/17/11

Did anyone here buy some bucks memorabilia after the win? 

8/4/21 @ 7:34 PM
gobbler
MEMBER SINCE 6/30/01

Hopefully he won't feel so oppressed this time around.

8/4/21 @ 2:42 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER SINCE 5/21/03

Hill is a great pickup.  He had a very down year last year in Philly.  No doubt he will be better here.

Heard the Bucks are still chasing a few other free agents.  Jeff Green was the name I heard on Sirius XM.

Seems like our owners are more than happy to pay more in the luxury tax world.

8/3/21 @ 8:34 PM
jaybeeturtle
USER SINCE 3/17/06

Very hard to find an all around player for the small amount of money the Bucks still have available.  3 and D guys available out there, but nobody's anywhere near well - rounded

8/3/21 @ 7:50 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
USER SINCE 9/6/13

Tucker went to Miami. True his defense was fantastic, but would’nt you want someone who can both play defense and have a decent offensive game too?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 4,284 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.