Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

The Milwaukee Bucks

4/2/02 @ 9:17 PM
ORIGINAL POST
WIESOX
User since 10/21/01
The Milwaukee Bucks are currently the worst team in the NBA other than the Bulls!!!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 3,911 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/9/20 @ 3:53 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Like mfl and others here have said the NBA knows very well where their money comes from.  

They know us old guys have gotten wiser with our time and money.  Cant say i know anything about life insurance and non woven absorbents

9/9/20 @ 10:04 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Its everything about the money chaw.  Ticket revenue is a relatively small  (still important) part of the equation.  Licensing,  merchandise, viewing contracts (not just TV) are the bigger deal. The NBA is a marketing machine.  It drives nearly everything they do.  You can bet they were well aware that backlash would follow recent moves but are counting on the premise that this reaction would not be impacting their target markets in a significant way. Time will tell...

Reality bites as they say, but our market segment is targeted for the sale of Depends and Life insurance and not much else!

9/9/20 @ 9:41 AM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

Your research is right on but it doesn’t include anything about money. My son is definitely more interested in the NBA but he can’t afford a ticket. 

9/9/20 @ 9:35 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Actually Mud, I'm right on. A couple market research firms (independent) found very similar data.

To summarize:

77% of blacks "interested" in the NBA vs 40% white

60% of individuals between ages 18-29 describe themselves as fans. 44% between 30-49 described themselves as fans. Interest declines heavily above age 50.

More NBA viewers watch on non traditional viewing platforms (not television)  than TV. Guess what age group these viewers encompass?

Now, guess where the marketing and promotional dollars are spent by the league?

Want more proof? Try a bit of research....

9/9/20 @ 9:32 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Bucks played hard last night. Impressed by the effort. 

Now, the off season. Players need to get on the front lines if they want their message to resonate. Chicago. Portland. New York City. Seattle. Go into those areas and I’ll listen. 

9/9/20 @ 9:29 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

The 20,000 fans don't necessarily pay the bills. Its the corporate suite and boxes that are purchased by middle aged white business guys that pay bills. Those are the people being alienated. So yes, it doed matter.

9/9/20 @ 9:10 AM
mudbucket
User since 12/21/04

Typically mfl comment... I think people are fed up with privileged millionaire cry babies.. Especially when they pretend to be judge and jury without all the facts..    

9/9/20 @ 8:26 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I also don't think that's the only demographic involved, it goes well beyond that.

9/9/20 @ 8:14 AM
chaw
User since 9/11/02

I don’t agree with that MFL. Before the virus the Bulls were still packing the house up until a couple years ago. Those seats were filled by the exact demographic you’re dismissing as unimportant to the future of the NBA. 

9/9/20 @ 7:56 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Yes, I'm sure the NBA is greatly concerned about losing the highly desirable white, middle aged, ultra conservative market segment......NOT!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 3,911 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.