MORE
General Discussion

Southeastern WI Lake-Link Guys NIght Out

8/19/16 @ 10:28 PM
INITIAL POST
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

The Tuesday after next (August 30th) we are having a get together for SE Wisconsin Lake-Linkers.

So far we have Popper, Snakester, split shot, Cousin Carmondy, the big job, DK Dominators, cds, and yours truly. 

If you'd like to come shoot me a PM and I'll give you the details.

Everyone is welcome and we won't be talking politics!

Cheers!

Edit - This was split shots idea :)

Displaying 16 to 30 of 230 posts
8/9/20 @ 8:07 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

I was thinking the same place as last time, wind Lake.

Doesn’t appear to be a whole lot of interest though… At least not yet.

8/9/20 @ 7:34 AM
split shot
split shot
User since 6/19/01

Outdoors is perfect.

To be clear, there are three Kelly's Bleachers nearby. I believe the last get together was at the one in Wind Lake, off of Loomis. There is also a Kelly's off of National Ave in Big Bend, and one at 52nd and Bluemound (indoor only I think).

8/8/20 @ 8:56 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02

Got nothing else to do, pick a spot and a date

8/8/20 @ 8:00 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20

I am sure if you made it where drinks could be brought in the bourbon thread guys would show. Maybe somewhere they can sleep it off before turning back home. 

8/8/20 @ 7:38 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

PW,

Do you have add a depressing spin on everything? Good golly, lighten up! 

SS, I think it’s a good idea, however, I do think it would be irresponsible to have it indoors.

Perhaps a tavern with a large outdoor deck / seating.  We had the last one at Kelly’s bleachers, if I’m not mistaken, they have a pretty big outdoor seating area.

We could likely show up around four-ish, it doesn’t get dark until close to 9 PM...

We should also take an impromptu poll as to who would show up...  I know I have a few close buddies on Lake-link who definitely would be out due to Covid.  However, if it’s outside, I’d be in. 

8/8/20 @ 10:47 AM
split shot
split shot
User since 6/19/01

I didn't see a single mask at "Jammi' on Janesville" last night. I wasn't there long though.

8/7/20 @ 11:21 PM
split shot
split shot
User since 6/19/01

Gentlemen, IMHO Its time. CV19 or not. We should gather before you serious archers go off, and well, get serious into hunting.

Brent, you have always organized these things, so I'll defer to your judgement whether this suggestion is prudent.

12/3/18 @ 6:51 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

Almost forgot SS, I'll give you my recipe.  Just keep the backstraps and fry them up like you do all your other fish. 

My wife is really picky when it comes to a fish fry.  One bite of a fishy fish, and she's done with the fish fry - and even she can't tell lol.

Gill didn't believe me either until he tried it - made a believer out of him.  

Any one who tells you different hasn't fried up the backstraps yet - way better than White Bass - I don't even keep them anymore, unless someone asks me for some. 

12/3/18 @ 6:46 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess

Thank you gents - thoroughly enjoyed chatting with each of you.  It was a smaller crowd than I expected, but ended up working out great as we all got to know each other a bit better!

We will definitely do it again.  Kelly's was a good venue.  They reserved us 24 spots, and had very responsive waitstaff and bar tenders.  The benefit they had going on was a bonus.  I participated in every thing they had and came up empty - was a great cause and at least someone from our group won something!

Cheers gentlemen, catch you next time.  

Also, thanks for making the trek ifish, you had a much longer drive than the rest of us - we we're all fairly local. 

12/3/18 @ 1:53 PM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18

I'll also add my "thank-you Brent". You derve a huge thanks.

12/3/18 @ 1:08 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Plmlk,

Thanks for putting this together. I had a great time meeting the faces behind the names. This was my first get together. Had a good time.

One thing that bothered my however, was that Gill could not get you to divulge your recipe for "Chateau de Sheepshead" :) Ah Well, maybe another time !!! That must be an old secret family recipe !!! LOL

Looking to talking with the others that were there, even if it is only online ! 

12/3/18 @ 9:37 AM
Unreel
Unreel
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Thanks for putting this together Brent. Had a great time meeting new Linkers and also won a meat raffle. Free meat! Woo Hoo!

12/3/18 @ 9:01 AM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18

Lol Rpole. Good seeing you

12/3/18 @ 8:56 AM
rpole
rpole
User since 6/18/01

Wow, been a long time since I've posted here.  And a long time since I've been to any LL gatherings.  spose if I checked the board more often I would have seen the other ones.    kind of ironic, the first LL get together I was at we all met in Wind Lake to head out and do a little fishing.   that was almost 20 years ago!  

'Then I start ogling the scenery'  ....  too bad there weren't any tall red-heads!   LOL

Had a good time for sure.  Thanks for setting it up Brent!  and for the reminder.  was great to see a couple familiar LL faces and meet some new great people.

12/2/18 @ 11:19 PM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18

Dan - I didn't know where the bathroom was...and I'd rather  talk than have to hunt for the can. Then I start ogling the scenery and remembering only the good parts of hanging around in taverns.

I had a great time. Wish I could have spent more time talking one-on-one with more of you.

Displaying 16 to 30 of 230 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE