MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

lac des mille lacs LDML

1/5/10 @ 5:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Planocat
Planocat
User since 6/12/06
OK, so I think I have this figured out. Any posts that are not pure fishing reports have to be posted on this forum in order to keep from being dusted. Fair enough, I guess. So, in the future we need to check here until the season opens and we can start to post/receive actual reports.

Basically it means there will be nothing on the other location for stretches of 7 months or more. But at least we can keep in touch here.

Now how do we get that word out? I'll try posting it at the other site and hope it doesn't get dusted.

Planocat Big Smile

Displaying 46 to 60 of 1,931 posts
6/2/22 @ 9:36 PM
ducer
User since 5/22/07

A few more we were at LDM LODGE. No problem  Crossing the border but do your arrive Canada app thing.No poultry or eggs of any kind can be Brought across the border that includes processed frozen anything.  We did not keep an eye under 17 inches and did not keep one over 20 inches    This was year 31 for me and will truly be one to remember. Good luck to everyone going up

lac des mille lacs LDML photo by ducer
6/2/22 @ 9:33 PM
ducer
User since 5/22/07

Our group was up starting on 23 rd of May. Fishing was outstanding. 4 Guys we went through 28 dozen minnows and through crank baits. Be prepared minnows are $12 a dozen. We caught multiple large pike large smallmouth and better than average size eyes. The water temperature was 47° when we got there it was 64° when we left

5/25/22 @ 11:02 AM
Illinois Angler
User since 6/5/07

I’m heading up to Pinepoint the first week in June, anyone else going up to lac Des Mille lac lake to fish this year, like planocat said, lake level should be better than last year.

5/11/22 @ 5:10 AM
Planocat
Planocat
User since 6/12/06

Lake level starting to look encouraging after last year's lack of water.  Ice out for opener is sketchy.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for open water, safe travel, and good fishing.  

Planocat

4/6/22 @ 8:49 AM
Bingo
User since 3/22/04

For those finally able to head up this year don't forget to get the ArriveCAN app and load your ID and vaccine information in advance.  You will also then need to log in 72 hour before arriving at the border.

8/12/21 @ 7:17 AM
Jabberwalker
Jabberwalker
User since 4/21/04

From Facebook: Hope this helps.

Open Bay Lodge

April 22 · 

Please read !!
 Good afternoon everyone
 Hope every one is doing well and staying healthy and safe.
 Due to the covid 19 and the uncertainty of the border we will be cancelling all Americans 60 days in advance to your booking date. We have already canceled may and June . If you have not heard from us yet please call because I might not have your information?. 1-807-986-2356
 Hope to see you in 2022

8/11/21 @ 10:50 PM
Summitdave
User since 7/22/05

Does anyone know if Open Bay Lodge is even open??

We have been  trying to contact them for quite a while by phone and e-mail and never get a response or call back!! We have been going there for many years.

Thanks for any help.

8/10/21 @ 5:22 AM
Planocat
Planocat
User since 6/12/06

Scheduled to arrive Sat. 8-14.  Hope testing in route/border crossing goes as planned. The "within 72 hours" mandates creates some hurdles when traveling from Texas.......but to be in Paradise once again is worth every inconvenience of getting there.

Water table looks to be way down and we'll all encounter rocks we never knew were there.   So be extra careful and have a plan should the worst scenario occur.

Safe travels and tight lines.

Planocat

8/8/21 @ 2:40 AM
DavidAP
DavidAP
User since 4/16/02

We are arriving at Pine Point Resort after 4pm on Friday, 8/13/21.   I will post a report on how our experience was at the border.   

7/27/21 @ 11:23 AM
Illinois Angler
User since 6/5/07

Heading up to Pinepoint 8/10, are you still planning on going David? Anyone else heading up this year?

3/7/21 @ 3:10 AM
DavidAP
DavidAP
User since 4/16/02

I hope you are all safely navigating through the latest mutation of Covid-19.    We are booked to fish out of Pine Point Resort the week of 08/28/2021.  I am confident that the Ontario border will be open for USA fishermen again by mid-summer if you have a “Vaccination Passport.”

Tight Lines,

Pfg1

8/23/20 @ 8:46 PM
DavidAP
DavidAP
User since 4/16/02

.....well, it looks like we are all out of luck in 2020.    Let’s hope we can all wet a line again in 2021......??????

6/17/20 @ 3:04 AM
DavidAP
DavidAP
User since 4/16/02

The border is now closed until 07/21/2020.   We just changed our reservation at PinePtResort from 07/18/2020 to 09/05/2020.   Best of luck to all of you folks attempting to wet a line in Ontario in 2020!   

Tight Lines, 

DavidAP

5/13/20 @ 12:10 PM
Bingo
User since 3/22/04

Looks like border will be closed until 6/21.  Canada is requesting.

4/28/20 @ 10:23 PM
gofishIA
User since 4/27/15

Hoping to go across on June 6.  Hoping for the best.  Interested to see what happens. 

Displaying 46 to 60 of 1,931 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE