MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

lac des mille lacs LDML

1/5/10 @ 5:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Planocat
Planocat
User since 6/12/06
OK, so I think I have this figured out. Any posts that are not pure fishing reports have to be posted on this forum in order to keep from being dusted. Fair enough, I guess. So, in the future we need to check here until the season opens and we can start to post/receive actual reports.

Basically it means there will be nothing on the other location for stretches of 7 months or more. But at least we can keep in touch here.

Now how do we get that word out? I'll try posting it at the other site and hope it doesn't get dusted.

Planocat Big Smile

Displaying 31 to 45 of 1,931 posts
7/5/22 @ 10:09 PM
lucasjay
User since 1/16/04

Hi Everyone,

Will be coming back up to LDML after a couple years away. Can’t wait. We had always stayed at Thunderbird but had heard great things about Lac Des Mille Lodge being very kid friendly so we decided to try the trip with our four kids (ages 4-12) and a niece and nephew. Never stayed there before so we are cautiously excited. Most nervous to me is we have never fished North of the Honkonen so that region of the lake will be new to us. We are primarily targeting walleye but with the kids, any tips for spots with Smallie action in that part of the lake would be appreciated.  I would love any suggestions for areas to target in that part of the lake. A direct message to me would be awesome. We are leaving Sunday so any suggestions on artificials that have been hitting would be helpful not knowing what the bait situation is there either. If available, we will likely go to our typical jig and minnow. So pumped. We will be in cabin 10 (starting Monday the 11th) for anyone on here that wants to share a couple beers and fish stories. Look for a big guy with 4 kids. Tight lines everyone. 

7/5/22 @ 2:19 PM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22

Planocat,

Thanks for the update.  Any specific places that are hitting really good?  Be there on Saturday and can't wait.

7/5/22 @ 10:53 AM
Planocat
Planocat
User since 6/12/06

Water level is falling pretty fast.

http://seineriverwmp.com/lacdemillelacslevels.pdf

Fishing remains good even with all the wind.  

7/2/22 @ 9:04 PM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22

Did you catch many Walleyes, Northern, Perch and Bass?  Also are you up there now?

7/1/22 @ 7:57 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

Many many X.     In 1960 I stayed there 27 straight days. CARPIO 

7/1/22 @ 3:12 PM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22

No, we have never went that far.  Have you?

7/1/22 @ 2:08 PM
Carpio
Carpio

Hawk    You ever fish in BOLTON BAY?

7/1/22 @ 11:34 AM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22

How is the fishing going?  We are coming up July 9-17.  Staying at Thunderbird Resort.  How is the water level is it still way high?  Been going to Lac Des Mille Lacs for 47 years, missed it for the last few.

6/8/22 @ 3:37 PM
Illinois Angler
User since 6/5/07

Thanks for reply Planocat, I have a seasonal spot in mud bay, I’m bringing a cellular booster with me too, my neighbor has one and it did help last year. We are eating right now at the rustic inn by two harbors, recommend it if you have tried it.

6/8/22 @ 6:24 AM
Planocat
Planocat
User since 6/12/06

Illinois Angler...to answer your internet question, no, there has been no upgrade to the internet.  Spotty service from the bench outside the office is all they are providing again this year.

I have internet access through a created "hotspot" on my wife's phone----an iPhone 8+.  My 6S doesn't work.  Last year I bought a cellphone signal booster and it gives me access, but I haven't "climbed the tree" to install it this year.  I'm sure once I do that, my phone will also work for creating the hotspot that gives me internet access from the motorhome.

I hope I answered your question.  Neighbor bought the phone card, but could not get it to work at the payphone.  Probably a temporary condition we have all faced in the past.

So, if you have a dire need for phone, you can always come to the motorhome and use my signal or phone.

Travel safe.....

Planocat 

6/7/22 @ 10:06 PM
Illinois Angler
User since 6/5/07

Nice to hear you made it back up Planocat, how are you posting? Did they get the Wi-Fi working?  Is the high water affecting the fishing any ?  I’m leaving tomorrow and will be there Thursday, I’ll stop by and listen to your story, funny how the biggest ones always gets away ??

6/7/22 @ 3:56 AM
Planocat
Planocat
User since 6/12/06

Another great afternoon on LDML.  Limits of walleye (although my wife kicked my butt) and a wonderful dinner.  Bite was as light as I have seen with line movement or dead weight the only clue that there was interest in the minnow tipped jigs in 12 to 15" of water.  

38 yrs at LDML / Pine Point Resort and I am still in awe of the beauty of this lake and its ability to produce treasured fishing experiences.  There just aren't many places like this one.

It is a long way from Texas, but worth every mile.  Border crossing was a breeze using their ArriveCan app, so come on up.  We're in our usual site #2 through August, so stop by and say "Howdy", I'd love to tell you about the big one that got away.

Planocat

6/3/22 @ 3:43 PM
ducer
User since 5/22/07

2 of the pike were 42” or more (my brothers ruler only went to 40”. And 1 was 39”. The smallies were all over the place. Biggest were multiple 19.5” a few 20” and 1 22” F11 rapalas and x raps  We were just casting and all three species were all together

lac des mille lacs LDML photo by ducer
6/3/22 @ 1:13 PM
Illinois Angler
User since 6/5/07

Real nice pike ducer,did you measure the pike? The Lund boat looks like the model I have, 1750 fisherman.

6/3/22 @ 11:24 AM
Carpio
Carpio

NICE FISH!    Strangely I’ve never caught a smallie inLDL but I’ve only fished BOLTON BAY.  Fished there maybe 25-30x in the 60s.     CARPIO 

Displaying 31 to 45 of 1,931 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE