MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

lac des mille lacs LDML

1/5/10 @ 5:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Planocat
Planocat
User since 6/12/06
OK, so I think I have this figured out. Any posts that are not pure fishing reports have to be posted on this forum in order to keep from being dusted. Fair enough, I guess. So, in the future we need to check here until the season opens and we can start to post/receive actual reports.

Basically it means there will be nothing on the other location for stretches of 7 months or more. But at least we can keep in touch here.

Now how do we get that word out? I'll try posting it at the other site and hope it doesn't get dusted.

Planocat Big Smile

Displaying 16 to 30 of 1,931 posts
4/22/23 @ 5:21 PM
PotatoesAuJoe
User since 5/2/18
We’re about a month out from the opener. When are y’all predicting ice out?
9/13/22 @ 9:42 AM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22

Glueman,

Thanks for your response.  Just got back, fishing was amazing.  Had a little boat trouble, but brought our limit back in Walleye and Northern.  Quite a few jumbo perch and a few smallies.  I would recommend Early September, weather was really good as well.  

Thanks,

Todd

lac des mille lacs LDML photo by TRCHawkeyes
9/11/22 @ 6:28 AM
Glueman
User since 7/13/09

TRC -  check your Messages.

Our group has been going to LDML for a dozen years in Sept - very productive.   Walleyes are deep on rock edges and easy to find - we troll for them.   Smallies are up shallower - usually on sunny says.  Northerns can be anywhere.

8/29/22 @ 2:13 PM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22

Anyone still up at the lake?  I am coming up next week?  How is the water level, how is the fishing, and help on September fishing and where to find the fish, deep or shallow?

8/23/22 @ 1:43 PM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22

How is fishing right now?  Coming up again in 2 weeks.

7/30/22 @ 8:22 AM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22

Has anyone fished in early September before?  Where do you usually find the fish?  Same places, deeper water or shallower water?  Any suggestions.  Thanks!

7/28/22 @ 3:59 PM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22

Coming Back up from September 6-11, going to try out Thousand Lakes Resort, looked very clean and the owners were very friendly.

7/18/22 @ 4:43 PM
throp
User since 6/24/13

Hi All

Kids an I went there in 18.  I was VERY DISSAPOINTED !!!!!    Stayed at Thunderbird WHAT A CRAP HOLE!!!!     Had to travel over 30 mins to get where the fish were,  Went to shower first night there I can pee harder then the water pressure....    Yes we caught fish for our dinners an a shore lunch, but that was tough going.    

I have to say it put a bad taste in going to Canada again    Ill try Minn before there 

7/18/22 @ 2:08 PM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22

Thanks for the update, yes Thunderbird is a mess, only a couple docks in, no bait, cabin was dirty, we had to put in the boat we rented, then had to take it out.  Owners no help with anything.  Very disappointed.  Glad you had a great experience.  I will have to check new places out.  Yes mosquitoes were terrible.  But the trip was still good, went with one boy, dad, and a couple of Uncles.  Never a dull moment, my son in the picture.

7/18/22 @ 1:55 PM
lucasjay
User since 1/16/04

We used to stay at Thunderbird for years but with new owners we decided to try somewhere new. That place needs a makeover. We went around for a day (back in 2019) and stopped in about 5 different places to get a feel for them. If we wanted to fish some of our old spots and it was just the guys going, we thought we’d do Pine Point. We made the long trek to Lac Des Mille Lodge and we just got back from a trip there. The road in is tough for a minivan but just need to take it slow. New part of the lake was not a problem. We did really well fishing despite never fishing that part of the lake. Took 6 kids under 12 years old and they all caught multiple walleyes. The kids had a place to swim, basketball court to play on, and owners are great.  I’m not sure we will ever go back to the old grounds anymore. All the fish we caught were closer to the Lodge than any of our spots we fished from Thunderbird. We had no complaints about the resort. The mosquitoes were ravenous though. 

lac des mille lacs LDML photo by lucasjay
7/18/22 @ 11:16 AM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22

Had a great time fishing @ Lac Des Mille Lacs.  It was very productive.  Fished a fair amount in Cushing lake got some nice walleye's 16"-20".  Stayed at Thunderbird Resort, will not stay there again.  I have been there since I was 7 years old, but never again with the new owners.  Looking for a place in September any suggestions?  

Thanks,

7/7/22 @ 12:50 PM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22

Planocat,

No problem, may drive out to see you sometime next week.  We usually go to Owl Island and Broad Point areas, also Lake Cushing has produced some good fish in the past.  Also head to the boot bay as well.  Hope all is good and lines are tight.

Todd

7/7/22 @ 8:24 AM
Planocat
Planocat
User since 6/12/06

TRCHawkeyes......Just noticed you are staying at Thunderbird Lodge not Pine Point.  Sorry, but I can't help you with that area as I have been at Pine Point for 38 years.  Boot and Baril have been stomping grounds in the past, but with this year's Biden fuel prices, I won't be making those runs unless I hit the lottery as a round trip is close to $100.  Thank goodness for the areas close to Pine Point that consistently hold good fish.

7/7/22 @ 8:07 AM
TRCHawkeyes
TRCHawkeyes
User since 7/1/22

Planocat,

Will definately look you up, I have been coming to Thunderbird since I was 7 (now 54) would love to meet you.  I have been watching your posts for years.  Appreciate all of the feed back and information you provide.  It has been 4 years since we have been up there, so can't wait to get the lines wet.

Thanks,

Todd

7/7/22 @ 8:01 AM
Planocat
Planocat
User since 6/12/06

TRCHawkeyes......Stop by (site 2) with your map when you here and I'll share some spots with you depending on whether you are targeting walleyes or smallies.  Last trip out my bride limited on walleye and I caught a 26" kicker fish along with quite a few other fish.

Also, as always, Carlo is very generous with his suggestions and couldn't be a better host.  And he's one heck of a fisherman willing to share his knowledge.

Travel safe, and have a great stay at our little piece of paradise. Bring plenty of mosquito spray......they too have discovered LDML and invited all of their friends!

Displaying 16 to 30 of 1,931 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE